The New Age

General discussion about the Elder Race, Life, the Universe and Everything.
DSKlausler
Centurio
Centurio

The New Age

Post by DSKlausler » Tue Apr 19, 2016 5:36 am

I don't want to hijack this but make just a quick comment.
dave432 wrote: I feel like I have reclaimed the part of me that the New Age tries to suppress, the "dark" side that we need for self-protection. Having welcomed this part of me back feels like reuniting with an old friend.
dave432 wrote: The New Age says the ego is the source of all our problems...
Is it not possible that those programming the New Agers and their channelers, are purposefully bashing the Ego? Mine has served me well... as long as I stay aware of it. Some would disagree of course.
Anything is possible with the proper training.

LoneBear
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Re: The New Age

Post by LoneBear » Tue Apr 19, 2016 8:02 am

DSKlausler wrote:I don't want to hijack this but make just a quick comment.
I converted your reply into a new topic. Please feel free to make new topics of discussion, that way there is no need to hijack threads.
dave432 wrote:The New Age says the ego is the source of all our problems...
DSKlausler wrote:Is it not possible that those programming the New Agers and their channelers, are purposefully bashing the Ego? Mine has served me well... as long as I stay aware of it. Some would disagree of course.
What the New Age does is "gender reversal" at the survival level. It attacks the Ego in order to bring the anima (shadow) into dominance as the survival function. That leaves an empty manager job on the shadow side, which then gets filled by the Ego. So you end up with the Anima protecting the body, and the Ego protecting the soul.

The materialistic aspects of the Ego are then directed to buy crystals, pyramids and self-help books, because It has not idea how to protect the soul and seeks information.

The cosmic aspects of the Anima then try to change the body to something it is more familiar with: the gender swap. Men start looking and acting like women, and women like men. Guys running around hugging trees and singing Kumbaya, rather than hunting food and protecting the tribe. Women start building bookshelves for their crystal collection, ignore family and replace it with a commune.

The normal path to higher consciousness then becomes confused and distorted, which requires New Agers to turn to psychoactive drugs to simulate the experience of "enlightenment."

Not good for the person, but very profitable for those that encourage the condition.
Keeper of the Troth of Ásgarðr, Moriar prius quam dedecorer.

dave432
Centurio
Centurio

Post by dave432 » Tue Apr 19, 2016 11:32 am

DSKlausler wrote: Is it not possible that those programming the New Agers and their channelers, are purposefully bashing the Ego? Mine has served me well... as long as I stay aware of it. Some would disagree of course.
That's what I have been finding out as well. LB's post below explains exactly what I feel was happening to me except that I never went for the New Age way of behaving (no hugging trees or wearing Hippy garb or singalongs -- those things never felt right) but the part about the anima being in charge of the body and ego the soul is helping me to see my life over the past 30 years with a much clearer head. I need more time to reflect on this. Seriously. Because it feels like I've been a single parent trying to evolve consciousness without the help a competent partner who can think instead of feel.
"just down the road a little way, turn left, cross the drawbridge, and you will be my guest tonight."
-- directions to the grail castle. We'll have some toast.

Ilkka
Praefectus
Praefectus

Post by Ilkka » Tue Apr 19, 2016 3:40 pm

LB explained the way I experienced my New Age hippie time back 20XX, seems like ages ago and no going back to that stuff. I can see more clearly why I was not part of this hippie commune where my few friends were part of or still is, they are psychedelic user "hippies", don't know if they believe in any New Age religion though, they never said about that stuff, all I heard was that they thanked "universe and nature" for their gifts, veggies, because they are vegetarians.
Last time I was with them I felt like an outsider and tried to feel their "energy", but couldn't I felt nothing. Still I have some attraction towards this girl whom I got to know last year, she was always smiling and laughing and enjoying life when I was visiting. Maybe I was trying to understand her more, even trying to understand me. My intuition tells me that I shouldn't concern myself with her anymore, well fortunately she is moving to other country with her boyfriend who is also my friend through psychedelic drug use. Well, he and another friend introduced me to psychedelics back in 2011, but still they were nice people we had some great times together on drugs. Even sober as well. But time passes and people grow towards different things so thats what happened.

I did buy one book from DW that source field investigations one I think. First book I actually have ever read through. I guess it was what interested me at the time. Never did join in the hippie commune, but thought about it then I thought about the sacrifice of my privacy/solitude and didn't get into it.
LoneBear wrote:The normal path to higher consciousness then becomes confused and distorted, which requires New Agers to turn to psychoactive drugs to simulate the experience of "enlightenment."
I think that before I took my first trip I was having higher consciousness already or at least what I think was higher consciousness. What happens at that point? Was I more like an apprentice Shaman or something like that, still not ready for psychedelics, maybe because no proper shamanic training.

I did use drugs as recreational reason mainly, first time was just trying it out, like any other "forbidden fruit" though. I was 26-27 at the time so brain should have grown to total adulthood, but mind not so much, as it is today. Intoxicants like all of them do taste really bad, especially the ones that are synthetic made. Hardly any poison tastes good though.
Enjoy the Silence

dave432
Centurio
Centurio

Post by dave432 » Fri Apr 22, 2016 11:17 am

Ilkka wrote: Last time I was with them I felt like an outsider and tried to feel their "energy", but couldn't I felt nothing. Still I have some attraction towards this girl whom I got to know last year, she was always smiling and laughing and enjoying life when I was visiting. Maybe I was trying to understand her more, even trying to understand me. My intuition tells me that I shouldn't concern myself with her anymore, well fortunately she is moving to other country with her boyfriend who is also my friend through psychedelic drug use.
Yeah, I know that feeling too, when you've grown in different directions from people you've known for a long time. When conversation topics stay on past events primarily, that can be a clue. Nature works that attraction mojo on all of us equally it seems, regardless of a person's growth potential -- summed up as hormones combined with the psychological elements LB has mentioned, like how we feel attracted to our shadows. I'm still trying to get a handle on what that means because the word "shadow" is used here sometimes to mean the anima (or a reciprocal aspect of the life unit such as the material double being a shadow of the material body) and sometimes I think it refers to parts of ourselves we are suppressing. But as I look back on some of the women I've been enamored with, a lot of that attraction fades over time and without similar goals in life paths or at least similar world views there's no reason to be together. But at the time, I wanted things to work out differently. Now, I can say I'm glad I can put the amount of time I do into my studies.
Ilkka wrote: I did buy one book from DW that source field investigations one I think.
Yes, I bought that one also and carefully read it. I want to know how much of that book is really daniel's work and how much is misdirection. His second book sounded like all nonsense and didn't interest me at all. The Looking Glass material must be mostly or all from daniel's input.
"just down the road a little way, turn left, cross the drawbridge, and you will be my guest tonight."

Ilkka
Praefectus
Praefectus

Post by Ilkka » Fri Apr 22, 2016 3:42 pm

dave432 wrote:I'm still trying to get a handle on what that means because the word "shadow" is used here sometimes to mean the anima (or a reciprocal aspect of the life unit such as the material double being a shadow of the material body) and sometimes I think it refers to parts of ourselves we are suppressing. But as I look back on some of the women I've been enamored with, a lot of that attraction fades over time and without similar goals in life paths or at least similar world views there's no reason to be together.
I believe shadow this time is being the unconscious mind/soul part of life unit. This is my understanding of it. So anima is correct.

Some of us are suppressing our soul when we are going more with ego. Choosing the cheeseburger instead of a fresh salad, since ego says burger tastes better. Sometimes it does actually, but is less healthy. I believe when we use our intuition its more soul than ego or at least choose the intuition over ego. I do it all the time everyday, communicate with my intuition with simple yes or no, or with percentages. What are the odds in this or that etc. What are suggestions from intuition, to be most exact actually. It has brought me so far, although I have gotten unnecessary items that were not suggested, like one new favourite franchaise video game, that I like to play, too much even. I try to balance out the choosing between ego and intuition, sometimes might have gone more to the other then back again.

For now I would not think of having anyone to share my life with, maybe later. I find that I have been increasingly become more and more distant towards other people around, all of them seem to have that slave mentality going on and listening the almighty authority. Maybe I have become a total pessimist I dont know, but it sure seems like everyone around me are just so on another "wavelength" literally perhaps. Could be something to do with the atmosphere tension between countries Russia against NATO mainly, and the mass of immigrants that came here already, still more to come. Some of them are even terrorists. My little brother said something about how Finland is written in some quran or some other text (fake maybe, but taken literally by the extremists), is a "war zone" or "battlefield" thats why they like to rape our women here more than our own citizens like to do so, also because of the justice system. Raping will get you about 2 years of prison which is like a nothing, some even less if it is only abuse and not so severe. Thats how they think apparently, not my words but some of theirs when they were being interviewed about it.

I certainly dont have anything against of them immigrants exept for them who want to only harm us non-believers or believers for "wrong god". That is mainly why I am growing more distant and disliking of any and all religions. About to be allergic to them. My dad doesn't even want to hear anything religious stuff that his mom sometimes tells him. He didn't even want to hear anything of New Age that I once told him. He was right, now even I dont like to hear anything about them.

I luckly didn't go against my intuition and bought that second book from DW, since I wouldn't liked it either, judging by what I have heard about it from others who did buy it. I have wasted my money on other less useful stuff though. I have a pressure washer, have used it about once on my car, like 3 years ago since then it has been in my brothers storage. Only compressor has been in usage for my tires and cleaning my computer. Got other stuff, but thats few examples.

This came to mind "Better to have them and not needing them, than not having and needing them" - Jacek- character in Stargate SG-1 played by Fred Willard.
Enjoy the Silence

dave432
Centurio
Centurio

Post by dave432 » Mon Apr 25, 2016 1:19 pm

Ilkka wrote: This came to mind "Better to have them and not needing them, than not having and needing them" - Jacek- character in Stargate SG-1 played by Fred Willard.
I've been watching the whole series again on Comet TV and keep discovering things I missed before. Fred Willard is great. His old stuff with Martin Mull on the "Fernwood Tonight" TV show (a parody of small town television talk shows) was hilarious. He's a true comedian because he can make you laugh without even saying anything. It's the facial expressions and the tone of voice. He was great in the film A Mighty Wind as well, a movie you'll enjoy especially if you see the humor in the 60's U.S. folk scene.