Heads Up: August 21, 2017: Total Solar Eclipse USA

General discussion about the Elder Race, Life, the Universe and Everything.
janto
Indagator
Indagator

Heads Up: August 21, 2017: Total Solar Eclipse USA

Post by janto » Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:14 pm

Thought I'd share this now, with plenty of time in advance to make plans, for anyone interested in traveling to experience this celestial event. Perhaps this occasion might be worth organizing the next Antiquatis member meeting, or a day trip, around?

In detail: On August 21, 2017, there will occur the first (of only three) total solar eclipses visible from the USA in the 21st century. An interactive map with data of its trajectory on the day can be found here:

http://xjubier.free.fr/en/site_pages/so ... pFull.html

Beware, the map shows times in UTC when clicking on it to access data. For example, click on Idaho Falls, north of Utah.

The expected path of totality looks like this:
Total Solar Eclipse 2017 USA.png
The path of totality is the most important element in fully experiencing a total solar eclipse, as this is where the moon will entirely cover the sun, and cause the day's sunlight to turn into night, in this case for about two and a half whole minutes.

The rest of the country will be able to witness a partial eclipse, but will not experience the visible darkness of totality!

If you've read Daniel's paper where the sun is described as turning dark for several days during a transitional phase of progression, then this is your chance to experience firsthand what it might be like in real life, to see the sun disappear during the middle of the day.

And as you can see, it will pass over Oregon, Idaho, and Wyoming, just north of Utah, heading east and then south. So if you're already in Utah, whilst it may be a long drive to meet the path of totality, it's likely 'doable' as a day trip:

By leaving very early in the morning, planning to reach your desired destination location to witness the beginning of the moon crossing the sun's path 1 1/2 hours prior to the actual climax of totality. If you stay until the moon leaves the sun's path, plan to stay another 1 1/2 hours after the climax, so 3+ hours in total to fully experience it locally, at a minimum. Then driving to return home that night.

For the younger, more adventurous physical beings of Earth, another travel suggestion if you're inclined toward attending multi-day or week long festivals and/or tribal gatherings, would be to attend the Oregon Eclipse 2017 festival http://oregoneclipse2017.com (doof/trance/party/tribal music?), or the Oregon Solarfest 2017 http://www.oregonsolarfest.com (sponsored by NASA) which I imagine is a little more scientifically minded. If you're interested in either of these, suggest getting tickets as soon as they become available.

For more general eclipse information, here are some good links to follow:

http://eclipse2017.org/ (This site is full of newbie info, especially regarding what to expect, and blinding-prevention eye safety!)
http://eclipse.gsfc.nasa.gov/SEgoogle/S ... oogle.html (NASA Google Map and info)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solar_ecl ... t_21,_2017 (Wiki page for the Eclipse 2017)

I hope you'll consider making the effort to witness this one. It's been a long time since the last one was visible over the USA, and there will only be three opportunities to see one this century from here, unless traveling internationally to meet one somewhere abroad.

Note: There are other eclipse types (annular and partial) which occur with more regularity, visible from the USA and everywhere else. However, these eclipses don't cause daylight to turn into night, and so don't create as profound an effect as a total solar eclipse does.

LoneBear
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Re: Heads Up: August 21, 2017: Total Solar Eclipse USA

Post by LoneBear » Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:02 am

Looks like it goes right over the Grand Teton National Park--and Jackson is right in the center of it. Jackson is about a 5 hour drive from Salt Lake City. Perhaps I'll go on a camping trip up into the Tetons for that week... should be interesting.
Keeper of the Troth of Ásgarðr, Moriar prius quam dedecorer.

janto
Indagator
Indagator

Post by janto » Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:43 pm

That looks like a great location to experience it, nice pick. Especially in the beautiful scenery to complement this rare natural spectacle.

For when you go, and I strongly suggest you do (mark your calendar now), I offer some friendly advice:

Pick a viewing location long before the moon first reaches the sun (1 1/2 hours before totality), and plant yourself there. Work it out in advance. Be prepared for a slow build up/down 3+ hours show with the 2 1/2 minute climax in the middle of it. But don't be fiddling and getting yourself organized or settled once it begins, especially if doing a timelapse or video of your experience (once you setup a tripod and start recording, you won't want to be adjusting it as you go, know your settings beforehand, you'll only have one chance to get it right). Be prepared and ready for it early. Bring a picnic, camera(s), and either sun viewing glasses or simple welder's goggles. I use good quality sunglasses, but this is risky. Better to be safe when staring at the sun at midday until it becomes just a thin ring. Once light goes dark, however, make sure to take off your glasses to see the eclipse's effect on your environment, it's quite a trip.

Personally, I adore a location with a high elevation (such as a hilltop overlooking a valley), as it's possible to witness the shadow approach your position from the distant horizon, making the experience all the more dramatic (think what it would feel like if a giant alien spaceship in a movie such as Independence Day flies high in the sky, it creates a dark shadow approaching and intimidating you, this feels eerily similar). Whereas, seen from lower ground, the experience is more akin to a fade in to darkness, without spacial context. Ideally, the elevated location will be facing a grand landscape view (even better with mountains in the distance), and, your location will be chosen to position you facing the direction of the sun (where it will be during climax) and incoming moon shadow.

If you bring music, with the right selection, it's possible to time it perfectly, so you reach a climactic symphony just when the sun is disappearing, then the music goes silent in darkness, and when the sun reappears, the music re-awakens again, and returns life to living relief once again... However, I prefer the silence of nature, as most animals will go silent, quiet, or to sleep when the darkness approaches, which creates it's own eerie impression.

If you're sensitive enough to the sun's influence, don't be surprised if you feel something that can't be described once it happens.

Enjoy!

dave432
Centurio
Centurio

Mainstream figures don't figure

Post by dave432 » Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:20 pm

I certainly want to find a way to view this, probably near Saint Louis, which is about a six hour drive for me. In grade school the teachers showed us a projection of a partial solar eclipse and it sure was exciting. This really fueled my interest in astronomy. I wonder if teachers fully realize the effect they may be having on students. I try not to miss lunar eclipses. It's especially interesting to take a walk at night to get different angles of these amazing events. For solar viewing, I use a pinhole projector or a pair of binoculars projecting a reverse image of the sun onto a white board. I'm looking for some shade 14 welder's glass to view the sun but it's harder to find than I thought. The solar viewing glasses are easy to find but using the welder's glass seems like a more durable method.

Now that my world view has been significantly altered due to my interest in the RS, some things come up which are bothersome. For example, mainstream astronomers insist the moon is pulling away from earth about 1-2 cm per year and the day will come when there will be no more total solar eclipses, but doesn't gravity pull objects closer together? Where are they getting this from? Considering the earth's inner core is contracting in time due to temporal gravity and the outer shell is expanding in space due to reciprocal nature of space and time, wouldn't this increase the earth's tug on the moon? If the moon's inner core is still contracting, wouldn't the lunar outer shell be expanding as well? Seems like these two things alone should keep Tiamat and her Ark comfortably close. I'm not sure if the moon has expansion events or not. The moon expanding away from earth idea sounds like a way to keep people from noticing that the sun is expanding, and changing color by the way, right before our eyes. As it is now, we are told the sun's color is white, but anyone old enough to remember the yellow sun knows our star wasn't always white, including the one's making the claim. I get that white light produces the EM spectrum of color in earth's atmosphere, but is the shift of color we now see in the sun due to changes in the sun, effects of geoengineering, atmospheric changes or all of these? Probably a bit of them all I'd imagine.

One other thing that's interesting is that we're told the moon is 390 times larger than the sun and also the sun is 390 times farther away from the earth than the moon. This coincidence is supposed to be the reason we can experience a total lunar eclipse, because the relative size of the moon and the sun subtend just about the same angle, each taking up about a half a degree in the sky. The Annunaki must have taken great care to arrange this harmonic relationship to begin the planet's rotation, and eclipses must have had some important significance besides their obvious use in controlling the population through religion.

So if the sun has expanded to some degree, at what point will total solar eclipses be a thing of the past and an annular solar eclipse will be the maximum daytime sky show we can experience? I don't think we'll have a wait a half a billion years like we're told. In the meantime, I hope to be able to see the diamond ring, chromosphere, prominences, shadow bands, and the corona in 2017. 2024 is the next chance in the States.
"just down the road a little way, turn left, cross the drawbridge, and you will be my guest tonight."
-- directions to the grail castle. We'll have some toast.

janto
Indagator
Indagator

Post by janto » Tue Nov 01, 2016 6:52 pm

I certainly want to find a way to view this, probably near Saint Louis, which is about a six hour drive for me
Since you're in the general area already, may I suggest traveling to anywhere within the following location:
X-Marks-The-Spot-Ecplise-2017-2024-USA.png
X-Marks-The-Spot-Ecplise-2017-2024.png
The darkened square is a composite of the paths of totality for both eclipses in 2017 and 2024. This means, that any of the cities and viewing locations within the square shadow, will be fortunate to experience totality twice in seven years! This dual-eclipse location is so extremely rare, that I imagine your odds of winning the lottery might be greater, than of finding yourself in such a location purely by chance within a lifetime on Earth. If you're serious about attending both in repetition, this is the area I would consider. There will be a third total solar eclipse in 2045, which will be the last one this century over the USA, but that's far off.

In terms of traveling there, especially if you're looking at a long drive, it might be worth organizing a group and charter a bus, or pack a car full of friendly eclipse chasers willing to travel with you for a long day out. With a larger size group, you could bring the costs of travel/driving time down considerably if shared equally, and you'd likely be more comfortable, not to mention being able to share the experience with others. In fact, if you do some research in your local area, you may find there's a local science chapter of some kind, or group of amateur astronomers, or hippies, that's already planning to go, in which case you might be able to join.
In grade school the teachers showed us a projection of a partial solar eclipse and it sure was exciting. This really fueled my interest in astronomy.
Would hope every science class in America's schools within bus driving range ought to consider organizing an 'eclipse experience' field day, and invite any students to witness the eclipse for themselves. The one in 2017 is on August 21, so who knows how many schools will be in session already. At the least, it would be worth encouraging science teachers to have a lesson on astronomy before the end of the next school year, where the eclipse is highlighted, along with info on how, when, and where to view it next summer. That might spark some interest in the sun for the next generation to be inspired from.

What I've noticed, from sharing this information, and trying to inspire my relatives to travel to it for themselves next year, is that many folks may find the idea of it fascinating, but when faced with the reality of traveling there, probably won't end up making the effort required to actually bother seeing it live for themselves... And if they do, it's likely to be a spontaneous decision, as in "come on, let's just go" and hop in the car at the last minute when they realize that there's some excitement building, and they become afraid enough they're going to miss out of something, that it moves them to take action on it. Most people I've met who are excited about total solar eclipses, have experienced one previously.

Most interested folks may be content to see the partial eclipse, which is what the rest of the country will see, rather than experience the darkness of totality, which is the sensation that's worth making the real effort for.

I feel total solar eclipses are more spiritual as an experience, than just being a real life scientific observation...
I'm looking for some shade 14 welder's glass to view the sun but it's harder to find than I thought. The solar viewing glasses are easy to find but using the welder's glass seems like a more durable method.
You mean something like this?
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B005BCUJKS/re ... PDKIKX0DER

You'll find plenty of options if your Google or DuckDuckGo search for "shade 14 welder glass"

During the last partial eclipse in the southeast in 2014, a guy showed up at our viewing spot with cheap welder's goggles, which he'd bought 'two for one' from Harbor Freight Tools, for maybe $6 if I remember. These worked fine just for viewing, although I found them be too dark overall.

http://www.harborfreight.com

If you can source those cheap paper throwaway eclipse viewing glasses from a reputable manufacturer (ie. ones that make sure the glasses won't blind you from wearing them), it'd be worth getting a box of them at a bulk price. On the day of the eclipse itself, especially if you're in a city, a lot of people who won't have glasses will want to buy them at the last minute. I once remember prices going up to ~$20 as the eclipse neared and demand skyrocketed from those that had waited too long, and were now caught up in the excitement without them. Also, the cheap paper ones are easily folded into your shirt pocket, or into you diary, camera bag, etc, and given away. So they're quite convenient, and you won't have to worry about losing them if you carry a few.

Edit: I updated the Amazon link.

dave432
Centurio
Centurio

Post by dave432 » Thu Nov 03, 2016 11:31 am

Thanks janto for the link. That's exactly what I'm looking for. I was doing searches online and kept finding the cheap throwaways and should have gone straight to Amazon. One of these days I'll learn. Yeah, I would get a whole box of the cheapies but I'd just hand them out to folks who need them.

The maps you provided are a great help! I've never won the lottery so I'll consider my close proximity to both of these events an official notification from the Universe that I've just won something big and I have only to drive a short way to claim the prize. I'm going to get there one way or another because like you said, this is more of a spiritual experience for me as well, dare I call it a vision quest. Even though astronomy has always interested me, it's still the artistic and spiritual wonder of it all that speaks the loudest. Having said that, I need to give my thinking function it's due and try to have a working understanding of things like celestial equator, the ecliptic, azimuth, altitude, right ascension, and declination. I've been working on these so that I can appreciate both the thinking/sensation side of the sky as well as the feeling/intuition half. Unfortunately here near Chicago, there are many evenings where we can only see the Summer Triangle, the moon and not much else, but Mars has been spectacular this year. The sky used to be so much clearer before geoengineering.

My biggest issue in getting to the eclipse is pain and being in a car for a while is difficult and I would need to make some periodic stops to walk around to loosen the muscles. In my younger days, a 6 hour drive from Chicago to Carbondale, Illinois (the location of Southern Illinois University) was a breeze (Halloweens used to be fun there), but now it will require some planning, so not sure if a group of strangers would want to deal with my special needs but it's a good suggestion and I'll keep it in mind.
"just down the road a little way, turn left, cross the drawbridge, and you will be my guest tonight."

dave432
Centurio
Centurio

Post by dave432 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:01 pm

Wondering if anyone here will be in Carbondale, Illinois for the eclipse? If so, maybe we can meet up. There's going to be a large gathering at the university football stadium but I may choose to find a spot away from all the commotion. Not sure yet.

Hartford
Gregralis
Gregralis

Post by Hartford » Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:10 am

dave4e32 wrote:
Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:01 pm
Wondering if anyone here will be in Carbondale, Illinois for the eclipse? If so, maybe we can meet up. There's going to be a venapro results post large gathering at the university football stadium but I may choose to find a spot away from all the commotion. Not sure yet.
Anyone get any pics of the eclipse?
Last edited by Hartford on Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:11 am, edited 2 times in total.

Andrew
Cellarius
Cellarius

Post by Andrew » Thu Jun 08, 2017 4:34 pm

Check back in another 74 days. :)
"Classical historians traditionally dismiss tales of magic as unworthy of scholarly attention, but to us any mention of a witch's broomstick or wizard's wand evokes the smell of a scientist's laboratory." The Sphinx and the Megaliths

7Serpent
Cognitor
Cognitor

Post by 7Serpent » Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:12 pm

Time is running out....lol

We are down to less than one week away before the solar eclipse. I have friends who live in Grand Island NE who say cheapo camp sites are booked up and went for $300.. none left and were sold out months ago...

I have seen alot of "spiritual connotations and energy downloads etc...flying all over the net." Is this more blue beam propaganda? Pay somebody to be healed and save the planet ? It sure seems like that to me.

l would like to witness the shadow, but at 12 hrs straight driving time from my location, l think l will just work on saving the planet from my house... it seems to me that there will be huge amount of people making the trip to see it. People l know that aren't spiritual per say are going to the zone.. lnteresting to watch that. I wonder, are there others here that have plans going to the Carbondale area?

dave432
Centurio
Centurio

Post by dave432 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:46 pm

7Serpent wrote:
Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:12 pm
I wonder, are there others here that have plans going to the Carbondale area?
I'm making the trip down. Apparently, tens of thousands of people have the same idea, so we might stay away from ground zero in Makanda, Illinois, where you get the whole 2 minutes 40 seconds of totality.

If anyone is going to one of these high traffic locations, make sure to bring food and water because it might be difficult to obtain these things. Darn, I was hoping for some of Mary Lou's grits, a great diner in downtown Carbondale. Medical attention may be scarce as well. We booked a room last winter but there was nothing left in Carbondale at all. We had to find lodging out of the immediate area. I hope to visit the Garden of the Gods while there.

This whole Amazon knock-off eclipse glasses episode has been a real botch-job (or psy-op). If you haven't heard about it, Amazon has been dealing with less than reputable dealers, so you may have purchased solar eclipse viewing glasses which bear the name of a reputable manufacturer, but may still be knock-offs. My local planetarium emailed me a photo comparing what you see in knock-offs vs. the real thing. The fakes allow you to see background objects and the real ones only allow light through, or in RS terms I think, allow us to pass through the light.

Andrew
Cellarius
Cellarius

Post by Andrew » Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:47 pm

What does anyone plan to do without glasses? I have a slight tolerance for sunlight developed through years of sungazing, but the UV will be intense when it passes through on the east coast. I figured glancing up at the dark spot intermittently, taking some pics without looking and overall just taking in its effect on the environment.
"Classical historians traditionally dismiss tales of magic as unworthy of scholarly attention, but to us any mention of a witch's broomstick or wizard's wand evokes the smell of a scientist's laboratory." The Sphinx and the Megaliths

7Serpent
Cognitor
Cognitor

Post by 7Serpent » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:14 pm

I have a welding helmet.... those work great if you know of somebody that has one. Use the highest shade (12 or 13 ) if its an auto darkening filter lens.

Ilkka
Praefectus
Praefectus

Post by Ilkka » Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:41 am

I would need to cross the Atlantic to get there. Not bothering it though.

Regarding eye protection maybe a piece of glass and use a match or lighter to get soot on it and boom DIY sunglasses for eclipse :D
Enjoy the Silence

7Serpent
Cognitor
Cognitor

Post by 7Serpent » Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:46 pm

row row row your boat Iikka

soot probably not gonna going to work, try a thin cardboard paper with a small hole in the center, say approximately 1mm diameter.

dave432
Centurio
Centurio

Post by dave432 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:10 pm

I have the glasses that are totally dark when you look through, only light gets in, so they're probably the safe ones, but I'll use the shade 14 welders glass instead. It's very convenient that we're being told there are so many counterfeit glasses being sold out there, and then all of a sudden thousands and thousands of free pairs become available if you're willing to stand in long lines. Makes you think we're being taken care of.

In addition I use a home concocted device for the projection method -- an old pair of binoculars with one lens covered (to avoid a double image) projects a clear and fairly large image of the sun onto a large piece of white cardboard. Place the binoculars on a separate piece of thin cardboard (so you can cut it easily) and trace circles around both lenses. Then cut out the circles and fit the cardboard over the binoculars so that you block all the light coming in except for the sun's image. Otherwise your image will be washed out on the white cardboard.

Then hold your bulky device over your shoulder and aim the lens at the sun. The solar disk will be projected through the eyepiece. This worked really well for the transit of Venus. The projection method is the safest way I know of to look at the sun. Now that the sun is evolving and white, you can't even take a quick peek without feeling an intense burn right away. When the sun was yellow, you could look for a short time and then turn away without feeling that eye pain. I remember because I used to do that.

I'm just as interested in how Nature on the ground reacts and also the light effects in the atmosphere, because beyond that 70-mile-wide moon's shadow, you can see light in the distance from the photos I've seen. So you've got a blackness right over you and light on the horizon, kind of like the shadow a spaceship is hovering right over you.

dave432
Centurio
Centurio

Post by dave432 » Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:03 am

Just a quick report on the whole experience.

The colors in the sky are like nothing I've seen before. Makes me wonder if we're seeing the Goethe colors up there because the bright yellows and oranges (no reds) are different than the usual sunset tones, and the corona is a heart-quieting glowing deep indigo-violet with some glowing white. The photos online don't capture the correct colors at all; the corona usually looks white when photographed. Does that mean these colors are not part of the ROYGBIV EM spectrum of our everyday experience?

It's quite an experience the moment totality is reached -- there is an abrupt (quantized) shift into a deep twilight; the insects suddenly get loud, and the fish instantly start feeding in the lake. The sunset effect is a full 360 degrees. I could have done without the siren somebody shot off at the moment of totality, but at least we were away from football stadiums and marching bands. There was one rain cloud that covered the sun about 4 minutes before totality and everyone gasped but the cloud passed and we were able to see the entire 2 minutes and 40 seconds of the eclipse. When the sun was half occulted the natural environment started getting quieter and quieter and progressively darker. it's a silence you can hear if that makes any sense.

It took us 12 hours to drive the approximately 350 miles back home. Next time I'll plan to stay over another night and head back the next day.

joeyv23
Atriensis
Atriensis

Post by joeyv23 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 2:10 am

dave432 wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:03 am
Does that mean these colors are not part of the ROYGBIV EM spectrum of our everyday experience?
Spaceman and I were discussing the issue of the strange shadows that people (myself included) noticed during the eclipse. Our speculation is that there is a clearly noticeable affect on the nature of light and shadow due to a white dwarf core eclipsing our view of our biggest point of light emanation, the sun. Part of it, perhaps is the direct affect of experiening moonlight (light actually emanating from the moon, not reflection of sun's light) and that this moonlight (obviously) sits outside of what we can visually see of the EM spectrum. The other side of this could be looking at some type of lensing affect or a combination of both of these. If you haven't seen it yet, have a look online at the shadows during the eclipse. Those quantized, fractal images of the crescent appearance of the sun behind the moon on the ground, by all standard understanding, shouldn't have been.
"Living is not necessary, but navigation is." --Pompey
"Navigation is necessary in order to live." --Me

Ilkka
Praefectus
Praefectus

Post by Ilkka » Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:10 am

joeyv23 wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2017 2:10 am
Spaceman and I were discussing the issue of the strange shadows that people (myself included) noticed during the eclipse. Our speculation is that there is a clearly noticeable affect on the nature of light and shadow due to a white dwarf core eclipsing our view of our biggest point of light emanation, the sun. Part of it, perhaps is the direct affect of experiening moonlight (light actually emanating from the moon, not reflection of sun's light) and that this moonlight (obviously) sits outside of what we can visually see of the EM spectrum. The other side of this could be looking at some type of lensing affect or a combination of both of these. If you haven't seen it yet, have a look online at the shadows during the eclipse. Those quantized, fractal images of the crescent appearance of the sun behind the moon on the ground, by all standard understanding, shouldn't have been.
I watched this video where Cody gets some footage of the shadows its quite good I think. In the end there is timelapse of that shadow how it changes, but in the video he explains that the shadow is sharper in the other side depending on the crossing side of the sun. Cant explain it properly due the lack of vocabulary, so check it out here -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxxMIUE4Oqw
Enjoy the Silence

Djchrismac
Cellarius
Cellarius

Post by Djchrismac » Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:36 pm

I'm glad you got to experience it Dave, i've seen 2 partial eclipses in Glasgow over the years, both completely covered by clouds, i wonder why...

Some of the clips in the video are fascinating, especially the ISS view and GOES satellite view.

A friend of mine was across the pond for it (we both saw the last one here 3 years ago) so i hope he was one of the lucky ones that saw it clearly, i'll find out next week.

Joey, has the moon got a white dwarf core? I thought it was a space station? Or did you mean something else?

I hope you guys got a good, unobscured view, did LB go camping in the Tetons for it?

I also hope you all waved at the LM's when it happened! :D

I wonder what they make of it... i'm also curious as to whether it was an Anunnaki decision to park it in orbit where they did, or if it was near enough where it is and the LM's tweaked it a little to get this effect. Or, does it not really matter as it's just a small area on the planet that sees the eclipse at any one time so it wasn't really an informed decision, it's just a result of the size and orbit position of the moon, along with the geometry lining up twice a year when the monthly new moon is in the right place that occasionally results in an eclipse?

It would be funny if they took the opportunity to send running L.E.D. light messages to humanity during that 2 and a bit minute window! :lol:

...READ THE DANIEL PAPERS...

Nothing wrong with some sound, psyop and subliminal message free, advice if you ask me.

:wink:

joeyv23
Atriensis
Atriensis

Post by joeyv23 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:27 pm

Djchrismac wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:36 pm
Joey, has the moon got a white dwarf core? I thought it was a space station? Or did you mean something else?
My mistake, my mind jumped to white dwarf core from here:
daniel wrote:An “Ark” is a term used by both the LMs and SMs to refer to the large, interplanetary “motherships”
that they use as colonies and transportation between solar systems. They are constructed from asteroids
that have intermediate speed motion (small, planetary “cores”) and therefore an inverse density
gradient to their structure.
I hope you guys got a good, unobscured view, did LB go camping in the Tetons for it?
It was a clear day here in SLC. I actually sun-gazed the event.
I wonder what they make of it... i'm also curious as to whether it was an Anunnaki decision to park it in orbit where they did, or if it was near enough where it is and the LM's tweaked it a little to get this effect. Or, does it not really matter as it's just a small area on the planet that sees the eclipse at any one time so it wasn't really an informed decision, it's just a result of the size and orbit position of the moon, along with the geometry lining up twice a year when the monthly new moon is in the right place that occasionally results in an eclipse?
I think the answer to this lies in the harmonic nature/distribution of celestial bodies. A given satellite with diameter x will find a stable orbit around a celestial body at a place where this effect is possible.

Djchrismac
Cellarius
Cellarius

Post by Djchrismac » Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:20 am

joeyv23 wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:27 pm
Djchrismac wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:36 pm
My mistake, my mind jumped to white dwarf core from here:
daniel wrote:An “Ark” is a term used by both the LMs and SMs to refer to the large, interplanetary “motherships”
that they use as colonies and transportation between solar systems. They are constructed from asteroids
that have intermediate speed motion (small, planetary “cores”) and therefore an inverse density
gradient to their structure.
No you could be correct, if our moon was originally an Ark and constructed from an asteroid, which certainly seems to be the case, although would there not be more internal radiance if there was? My friend who was over for the eclipse said the strangest thing was the moon being like a hole in the sky, as it wasn't reflecting any light from the sun that was hitting Earth first.
It was a clear day here in SLC. I actually sun-gazed the event.
Nice one, did you feel it was beneficial? I've been doing the occasional bit of sungazing on the very rare occasions when I can see an unobscured sunset.
I think the answer to this lies in the harmonic nature/distribution of celestial bodies. A given satellite with diameter x will find a stable orbit around a celestial body at a place where this effect is possible.
I agree, put a ball into a pool of water, add some constant spin/rotation and the ball/planet will settle at the balance point of the orbit. I still can't shake the feeling that it was arranged to be positioned where it was, to allow for a bonus eclipse effect. It sounds like a thing Enki the "Lord of the Earth" would do, although his domain was Terra and Enlil was the "commander of heaven", so who knows.... perhaps LB can shed some insight? Planned? Coincidence? A bit of both or option 4, something else entirely... :)

dave432
Centurio
Centurio

Post by dave432 » Fri Sep 01, 2017 3:14 pm

Djchrismac wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:20 am
My friend who was over for the eclipse said the strangest thing was the moon being like a hole in the sky, as it wasn't reflecting any light from the sun that was hitting Earth first.
That was the "creepiest" part of the whole thing. The sun didn't appear merely to be blocked; it was inked out as it were, just a blacker than black nothingness without any earthshine effect. Isn't the nucleus of an atom like this?

I think a lot about the LMs up there as well, Chris, maybe they were enjoying the eclipse of the earth from their perspective at the same time. From daniel's papers, I assume the moon had a white dwarf core at one time because that would be necessary to drive it around as an ark. Whether the moon could still function as an ark ... not sure about that one.

I don't think positioning the moon in such a way that it can totally eclipse the sun was an accident. How else can you convince the gold mine workers that they are misbehaving and the gods are angry without a nicely played eclipse by a priest on the ground. The mainstream says it's a coincidence that the sun is 390 times larger than the moon but also 390 times farther away so both bodies take up the same amount of degrees in our sky. The 1 to 1 harmonic ratio is a little too cozy to be an accident.

While watching the eclipse, I got to thinking about the far side of the moon, not the so called dark side we've all been falsely led to believe is always dark. When we are experiencing new moon, the far side of our lunar companion is completely lit up by the sun. So where are all the NASA photos? We're told there are satellites orbiting the moon (assuming the LMs would even allow such a thing), so why no photos of a completely visible far side of the moon? Maybe the LM vibratory physics blocks any EM from taking images or we're just simply not shown any of them.

Overall, I'll never forget the experience. I've got the images on permanent mental recall any time I want to relive it. I'd like to see the next one, and I'll be 80 for the one after that in Little Rock, Arkansas (over 5 minutes of totality). One of the best parts of the whole thing was the kids coming over and asking what I was doing with the optical projection. This was the method that during a solar eclipse first gave me the desire to learn more about astronomy. The kids were the only ones who wanted to learn more about my simple little setup. Kinda funny because the adults had solar filters on their binoculars, which is great (we were offered a look through them), but the curiosity of the kids showed me how crucial it is to hold onto that quality of curiosity as an adult. Hold onto it with your life.

joeyv23
Atriensis
Atriensis

Post by joeyv23 » Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:42 pm

Djchrismac wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:20 am
Nice one, did you feel it was beneficial? I've been doing the occasional bit of sungazing on the very rare occasions when I can see an unobscured sunset.
Well I can see in the dark now so... :lol: It was interesting. In all seriousness, I have a similar feeling about having done this as I did when I received the download for my internal magic driver. Something was downloaded and now it will unpack gradually over a period of clock time.
dave432 wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2017 3:14 pm
The mainstream says it's a coincidence that the sun is 390 times larger than the moon but also 390 times farther away so both bodies take up the same amount of degrees in our sky. The 1 to 1 harmonic ratio is a little too cozy to be an accident.
It is coincidence by definition of the word. The 1 to 1 harmonic ratio is actually the nature of the system.
Kinda funny because the adults had solar filters on their binoculars, which is great (we were offered a look through them), but the curiosity of the kids showed me how crucial it is to hold onto that quality of curiosity as an adult. Hold onto it with your life.
Agreed!

Ilkka
Praefectus
Praefectus

Post by Ilkka » Sat Sep 02, 2017 2:27 am

dave432 wrote:
From daniel's papers, I assume the moon had a white dwarf core at one time because that would be necessary to drive it around as an ark. Whether the moon could still function as an ark ... not sure about that one.
I think so too that the moon has imploded white dwarf core chunk as its core and an "engine", I still think that it could be an ark, but LM's probably don't want all of us to get burnt to a crisp when the magnetic field disappears with the moon that causes it. Not to mention all other surface dwellers, the other LMs that was left behind for some reason.

Maybe the core of the moon is dead, but I think thats not the case while it still hangs around in orbit. I guess that from time to time it would need "re-fueling" from proximity of a larger body, such as a star or a planet. That would mean that it is continuosly being refueled when it is in orbit and I think that it is in the "right" orbit for getting refueled and not overly refueled but just enough to stay where it is, perhaps its in "Natural orbit" because of that.
dave432 wrote:
I don't think positioning the moon in such a way that it can totally eclipse the sun was an accident. How else can you convince the gold mine workers that they are misbehaving and the gods are angry without a nicely played eclipse by a priest on the ground. The mainstream says it's a coincidence that the sun is 390 times larger than the moon but also 390 times farther away so both bodies take up the same amount of degrees in our sky. The 1 to 1 harmonic ratio is a little too cozy to be an accident.
This brings to mind that if Earths orbit around the sun was closer when earth was smaller in size and probably moon as well, but closer to earth and axis tilt might have been different too. Maybe eclipses were occurring more frequently than they are now. Or the Annunas just moved the moon around the earths orbit scaring the slaves when needed.
Enjoy the Silence