Deju Vu

General discussion about the Elder Race, Life, the Universe and Everything.
Andrew
Cellarius
Cellarius

Deju Vu

Post by Andrew » Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:11 pm

I'm at a wedding and I had two instances of deja vu. Did Dewey say anything about the phenomenon of deja vu?
"Classical historians traditionally dismiss tales of magic as unworthy of scholarly attention, but to us any mention of a witch's broomstick or wizard's wand evokes the smell of a scientist's laboratory." The Sphinx and the Megaliths

LoneBear
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Re: Deju Vu

Post by LoneBear » Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:38 pm

Andrew wrote:
Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:11 pm
I'm at a wedding and I had two instances of deja vu. Did Dewey say anything about the phenomenon of deja vu?
I knew you were going to ask about this... :D

Not directly, but it is obviously a cosmic phenomenon. I would call it "cosmic synchronicity." Synchronicity is normally a "coincidence in time" so Deja Vu would be a "coincidence in space" ... as Doctor Who put it, "have we been here before or are we yet to arrive?"
Keeper of the Troth of Ásgarðr, Moriar prius quam dedecorer.

animus
Centurio
Centurio

Post by animus » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:02 am

And what's the technical term for dreaming the future, does this fall into the precognition category? I had a dream about an unfamiliar gypsy recently. My immediate thought was that she doesn't quite belong here and was perhaps visiting me in my dream. The dream stood definitely out, it felt odd. When I woke up and checked my emails later on I received an obvious phishing email from a supposed clairvoyant french gypsy who wanted to give me a free reading. But her picture was almost identical to the woman I saw earlier in my dream...

Ilkka
Praefectus
Praefectus

Post by Ilkka » Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:46 pm

animus wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:02 am
And what's the technical term for dreaming the future, does this fall into the precognition category? I had a dream about an unfamiliar gypsy recently. My immediate thought was that she doesn't quite belong here and was perhaps visiting me in my dream. The dream stood definitely out, it felt odd. When I woke up and checked my emails later on I received an obvious phishing email from a supposed clairvoyant french gypsy who wanted to give me a free reading. But her picture was almost identical to the woman I saw earlier in my dream...
I too have dreams of the up coming days events or actually my feelings towards the events. Sometimes I see my brothers or family members with me in various situations in my dream and the coming day I had some interaction with them. Well of course I have to remember the dream to have those things to occur, many times I have avoided apparent stress when I have seen something that relates to it. Although there has not been next to none of those certain dreams where my teeth explode or crumble etc. in my mouth, perhaps because I had made this teeth guard that prevents teeth grinding, that I supposedly did while sleeping, which I think was because of my pillow that I changed to another one. Havent had those dreams ever since, but perhaps few in a year or so, previously I did have them many times a year. So I think my dream was quite straight forward warning and suggestion of that thing. Too bad that I might have spent about 1000 euros in total to dentist for making that plastic (acrylic) teeth guard for me for nothing. New pillow (Tempur) was about 100 euros which I think was a better choice, but didn't knew it at the time so thats that.

I also think that some Deja Vu's are from our dreams. Something you remember at that point from a dream you had previously, but had forgotten it immediately or couldn't remember it the next morning. Of course this goes with the thing that you could dream about your deja vu event many years ago (when you were a kid), at that point you would be less likely to consciously remeber the dream even, unless it is on paper or other form of record.
Enjoy the Silence

LoneBear
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Post by LoneBear » Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:16 pm

Remember that when you are in the dreamscape, you are technically in the cosmic sector--the coordinate time aspect, where "distance" is the past and future.

I did discover over the years of research I did into this, is that sometimes nearby (or very strong) events will bump into the "wall" of your holodeck from the outside, and create an internal change--and that ends up being a precognitive experience. It is adjacent in 3D time, but still takes clock time to run into the event. (A bit like --daniel's description of radioactive decay, throwing marbles down a hall.)
Keeper of the Troth of Ásgarðr, Moriar prius quam dedecorer.

Djchrismac
Cellarius
Cellarius

Post by Djchrismac » Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:51 am

LoneBear wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:16 pm
I did discover over the years of research I did into this, is that sometimes nearby (or very strong) events will bump into the "wall" of your holodeck from the outside, and create an internal change--and that ends up being a precognitive experience. It is adjacent in 3D time, but still takes clock time to run into the event. (A bit like --daniel's description of radioactive decay, throwing marbles down a hall.)
I've had this happen a lot, most often in the morning when i'm beginning to wake up and sounds and visuals from around me bleed into my dream and change it. I've also had this happen stretched across a lot of clock time, having a vivid dream as a child that you forget over the years, then many years later you are doing something and the scene of the dream is suddenly staring you in the face, resulting in instant deja vu and recall of the dream from childhood. I like when it happens as it feels like you are on the right path through life...