A hidden gem...

General discussion about the Elder Race, Life, the Universe and Everything.
Djchrismac
Cellarius
Cellarius

A hidden gem...

Post by Djchrismac » Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:34 pm

Apocalypse my ass.
This isn't the end of the world.
Gods, they're not angry with us.
The Aliens aren't coming down.
It's the government.
Ye-ah.
With the big capital G.
They're behind everything.
They know what we buy. They know what
we eat. Where we go to the bathroom.
Hurry. Hurry.
They know what kinda cheese I like.
Pepper Jack.
They control it all and the weather too.
I gotta hand it to them though,
Sharks? I never saw that coming.
The truth can be found in the strangest places. Can anyone name the film the above quote is from? I heard this gem of a conversation while switching channels on the TV, i've not even watched any of the film and probably never will, because that film is....

:shock:

Enough said indeed... Sometimes you really can find a diamond in the rough though! :lol:

animus
Centurio
Centurio

Re: A hidden gem...

Post by animus » Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:34 am

Yes, Hollywood tends to give us these gems quite often, though not always this blatantly. You will find them scattered everywhere in all kinds of movies and series. But you need to be wide awake to recognize them as such. With time one also recognizes the more subtle ones. If you are blind you will only write them off as yet another conspiracy nutcase and you can keep enjoying your ignorant life. But then, when you wake up, you realize how blind you have been all this time and see the obvious signs literally everywhere. (I bet, this is also how we are going to feel when we will take our first real glance at the Other Realm!)

Children Movie's are no exception. Here are some examples from the Lego Movie:
Good Morning & ♪Everything is awesome♪

LoneBear
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Post by LoneBear » Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:09 pm

Djchrismac wrote:
Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:34 pm
I heard this gem of a conversation while switching channels on the TV, i've not even watched any of the film and probably never will, because that film is...
I love that film... it's SOOOOO BAD, it actually crosses a unit boundary, inverts, and becomes GOOD! :D

It's right up there with Tremors, another of my favorites. (And BTW, the Tremors TV Series has tons of interesting black project comments... probably why it got canceled so quickly.)

And can you believe... there are FIVE Sharkado films?
Keeper of the Troth of Ásgarðr, Moriar prius quam dedecorer.

Ilkka
Praefectus
Praefectus

Post by Ilkka » Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:47 am

LoneBear wrote:
Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:09 pm
It's right up there with Tremors, another of my favorites.
I like Tremors too. Got all 5 movies and they are doing 6th one :D

Havent seen Sharknados though and dont plan to even.
Enjoy the Silence

Djchrismac
Cellarius
Cellarius

Post by Djchrismac » Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:10 pm

Ilkka wrote:
Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:47 am
I like Tremors too. Got all 5 movies and they are doing 6th one :D
LoneBear wrote:
Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:09 pm
It's right up there with Tremors, another of my favorites. (And BTW, the Tremors TV Series has tons of interesting black project comments... probably why it got canceled so quickly.)
Tremors was on the other night and I watched it for the umpteenth time, a classic indeed although I wouldn't put it anywhere near the same category as Sharknado. I think I watched the second Tremors film but didn't realise they had done 6 and a series, I've got some catching up to do...

Another classic that it reminds me of that released a load of sequels that got progressively worse, Critters!

The first two are brilliant but the 3rd and 4th are nowhere near as good, recommended if anyone hasn't seen them yet (the first two that is, i'd give the others a wide berth):

I'm still giving Sharknado a miss though, just 5 minutes of that was enough for me, it's in the same category as Mega Python vs Gatoroid featuring 80's pop stars Tiffany and Debbie Gibson... yes in the same film... yes the actual pop stars... and yes it is as awful as it sounds and looks...

Ilkka
Praefectus
Praefectus

Post by Ilkka » Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:04 am

I havent seen Critters in many years, but my big brother remembers it better than I. I have some flashes of them little spiky balls rolling around and shooting them spikes too. I am not sure if I ever saw the whole movie or just bits and pieces of it back then.
Enjoy the Silence