In Memoriam: Bruce Peret aka LoneBear aka --daniel

General discussion about the Elder Race, Life, the Universe and Everything.
Jameela
Gregralis
Gregralis

Re: In Memoriam: Bruce Peret aka LoneBear aka --daniel

Post by Jameela » Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:48 am

Peace be upon you old friend, and thank you so much for all the help you gave me.

Jameela

Lozion
Cellarius
Cellarius

Post by Lozion » Sat Feb 13, 2021 6:33 pm

A year ago (and a few days) already.
Safe travels Bruce..
In rapport we thrive, in rivalry we strive.

Lozion
Cellarius
Cellarius

Post by Lozion » Tue Sep 07, 2021 12:41 pm

Hello all,
in these Troubled Times where do you guys find your spiritual insight nowadays?

Andrew
Cellarius
Cellarius

Post by Andrew » Tue Sep 07, 2021 2:44 pm

Lozion wrote:
Tue Sep 07, 2021 12:41 pm
Hello all,
in these Troubled Times where do you guys find your spiritual insight nowadays?
For a long time I've found spirituality through thinking, meditation and websites such as this. The quest for knowledge and truth. But my proverbial cup of such knowledge is full, and the only way I can empty it is prove that I've done something of use with that knowledge. Basically, on the hierarchy of needs, I've actually made new local friendships, just by being me and, get this, sharing my thoughts along with all of that knowledge and not being afraid of being "correct" or that I may offend someone. I used to be more particular in who I spoke to about all of this stuff, but now I'm out in the open, and people have gravitated ... also I gravitate to particular situations, not unlike coming on here and making this post. I think my last post I even stated I don't come on here that often anymore, but for some reason I did today just a few hours after you posted. So the whole Law of Attraction thing is still a source of spirituality. Where I was getting at was, I am feeling more fulfilled spiritually by connecting with new people openly and true to myself and to the Truth as a whole. Liberal NPC feelings be damned.

Doing so has also allowed me to free up inner space to write again. Not fiction or anything. I want to put all of that hard earned knowledge and spirituality to work. But intuitive writing has been something to get use to, getting that Inner Critic out of the way. Speaking of which, I wrote up an analysis for this month's astrology. You'll have to forgive the lack of care to the grammar and punctuation. I'll post it after this.

"Classical historians traditionally dismiss tales of magic as unworthy of scholarly attention, but to us any mention of a witch's broomstick or wizard's wand evokes the smell of a scientist's laboratory." The Sphinx and the Megaliths

Ilkka
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Post by Ilkka » Fri Sep 10, 2021 1:33 am

Andrew wrote:
Tue Sep 07, 2021 2:44 pm
For a long time I've found spirituality through thinking, meditation and websites such as this.

I have done that too.

The top if that triangle is what I've been doing lately. But it seems to have downsides too maybe I've over done it or its because of this time of the year again, when it gets cold and depressing. Made this grill/fireplace for outdoors dodecahedron shaped with top off and it has open sides, I used little pegs from the apexes (3/5 pentagon shape) to have that gap for air and visual effect. Haven't tried it yet though so I dont know if it gets warped or something since the metal is less than 1 mm thick so it might not last all that long if left outside to get wet etc. Was my first time welding since school which is about 23(ish) years ago. Maybe it dig up pictures of it for you at some point.

Next one I plan on making similar thing, but for indoors thats going to be another kind of hell to work with and probably going to wish I never even should've started it :D
Enjoy the Silence

Lozion
Cellarius
Cellarius

Post by Lozion » Sat Sep 11, 2021 7:35 am

Sure, listen to your inner voice for guidance is always a good bet.
I was curious to know if anyone had found other venues for discussion as AQ/CH has become quiet with LB's departure..

Ilkka
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Post by Ilkka » Sat Sep 11, 2021 11:18 am

Lozion wrote:
Sat Sep 11, 2021 7:35 am
I was curious to know if anyone had found other venues for discussion as AQ/CH has become quiet with LB's departure..
I found some people from my town in this co-op that I joined about a year ago. They are a colorful bunch some of which are spiritual people I'd wager, some are different kinds of "hippies" and others are just trying to get by. So I am quite stuck with them, in that place I have been doing new things that I never did before and maybe even gotten back to being more open to the humanity, well only just a little bit, because most humans are trash as is seen every time I check the news. The place aided me to tap into my artistic side so its been good there.

Today my grandpa had a good quote which goes something like, "Too much precision tells of mental undevelopement". He said that when I told him about the 2 mm gap between parquet boards that he had made. I thought that it had deeper meaning to it, since the word mental is the same as spiritual in our language so I thought about the latter whereas some might be thinking about the former and take it as an insult, I thought it funny, even though some of my family members would take it as an insult I believe. It made me think that all things we make doesn't need to be "that" perfect. It separates humans from robots that way if something is a little crooked and not totally straight, even though some people would probably be triggered by them little measurement errors. I know that there are things that need precision more than others, of course.

So maybe you could find people near you that would be willing to discuss spiritual things, if you haven't already. I remember a good quote "Good things happen to those who wait" from someone, maybe a TV character.
Enjoy the Silence