Quote for the Rangers

General discussion about the Elder Race, Life, the Universe and Everything.
Tulan
Cellarius
Cellarius

Quote for the Rangers

Post by Tulan » Wed Sep 28, 2005 6:09 pm

I was just reading my Aristotle: On man in the universe (friggin' awesome book, recomended indeed) and came across a cool quote in the "Nicomachean Ethics".

"To know a thing really it must become a part of oneself, and this takes time." - Aristotle, Nicomachean Ethics

That seemed to fit the definition of GhostCat's and LoneBear's word for "Grok".

Aristotle also writes deeply about those who don't "Grok" or "Know a thing as part of oneself".

Excerpt:

"Nor is it any proof of their knowing anything that they use language that would seem to imply knowledge; for people who are mad or intoxicated repeat scientific demonstrations and verses of Empedocles, and beginners in learning string phrases together before they know their meaning."

Reminds me of the problem in the public education system these days. Just training our generation to feed the corporate world structure.

Now, please don't misunderstand me, the corporate system can be an awesome way to acrue money. It just depends on WHY you acrue that money. If it is to buy that new $200.00 silk shirt at Perry Ellis, then all you are doing is feeding the system. However, if the reasoning is for building your own house, going on an adventure (not a vacation) or pursuing activities that bring joy to your life, then you are making the system work for you.

It would seem to me this vital, and crucial difference in "Learning" is key to the success as individuals and as the Rangers.

Using this framework of "Learning", it seems once the study guides are completed and have been uploaded to a secure area of the Ranger website, the individual will be responsible for studying the guides and requesting to be assigned as the "investigator" for that topic (taking the impetus for further learning..).

BlueEagle made a very good suggestion in an email, that the individual shall be "self evaluated" in a self written progress report, AND in a wilderness survival setting to test the Emotionl, Physical, and Spiritual wisdom/progress of the individual.

Avalon has already started this process with the Ranger Gathering earlier this summer (wish I had been there). In the future, as we develop more sources of income for the Rangers and Avalon, we can get a little bit more robust with "base camps" for different kinds of survival environments.

Possibly also using the Ranger projects as a test for the individual too. (ie..projects in Africa to help communities, and possible SGC sites)

I would like feed back on these ideas from everyone....
Ah, you seek meaning? Then listen to the music, not the song. - Kosh Naranek

Vuyiswa
Centurio
Centurio

Re: Quote for the Rangers

Post by Vuyiswa » Mon Nov 07, 2005 7:18 am

Ivoryxs wrote:Using this framework of "Learning", it seems once the study guides are completed and have been uploaded to a secure area of the Ranger website, the individual will be responsible for studying the guides and requesting to be assigned as the "investigator" for that topic (taking the impetus for further learning..).

BlueEagle made a very good suggestion in an email, that the individual shall be "self evaluated" in a self written progress report, AND in a wilderness survival setting to test the Emotionl, Physical, and Spiritual wisdom/progress of the individual.

Avalon has already started this process with the Ranger Gathering earlier this summer (wish I had been there). In the future, as we develop more sources of income for the Rangers and Avalon, we can get a little bit more robust with "base camps" for different kinds of survival environments.

Possibly also using the Ranger projects as a test for the individual too. (ie..projects in Africa to help communities, and possible SGC sites)

I would like feed back on these ideas from everyone....
(How does one assign a name to the quote function - I think this is my 3rd time of asking this question - help anyone???)

Hi Parnell, All,

I understand how being in nature and reading the signs there in is crucial in the learning curve of sussing out our life on earth. That is the principle behind going into nature and far from the madding crowd in the initiation ceremonies that I saw during my childhood, then on ones return the lessons can be applied in the melee of everyday lving. What of those of us (the majority) who live in urban areas? Is not the expereince of living (anywhere) the classroom for the "test"? There are folk with great knowledge of nature's language, but very little experience of the daily bump of dealing with folk in other settings. Likewise there are those that are afraid of nature due to little exposure to her in the raw. Many of us live somewhere in the middleof those two extremes.

I think the Ranger tools of analysis should encompass the whole spectrum of living conditions otherwise many might not be able to tune in or relate. Or do you mean the gatherings could be an intensive focus of sorts using nature's bountiful canvass for reflection and inspiration before returning to the energetically noisy soup of living in urban areas?

How might a Ranger project in Africa for example, be any different from the many projects there that are set up to help individuals to move beyond just survival?

Please accept the questions/comments in the spirit of seeking clarification rather than as negative criticism.

Thanks in advance

Love,

Vuyiswa
Love is All/All is Love\r\n\r\nWhat you are looking for is what is looking.\r\n- St. Francis of Assisi

Tulan
Cellarius
Cellarius

Post by Tulan » Mon Nov 07, 2005 11:58 am

I never took your post as a negative criticizm.

I have noticed how funny it is to read my old posts, as, I have grown substantially.

It is important to note, that to fully understand the "spectrum" the "I" needs to be acheived, then the individual can "step" out of the collective unconcious and be able to see and analyze it.

In essence each SGC will be an individual in itself doing what it does best, with individuals working along side it. Think of it as micro and macro cosmic alliances. The alliance must be made within the psyche first, from then it can grow.

The concept of the SGC's are not to be self-sustainable, but to be able to grow. The reason is simple, 3rd density principles and materials will not operate once the transition into 4th density occurs.

For that reason the Individuals within the Phi-Core, must know how to SURVIVE first, many people do not know how to survive, and because of this they cannot grow beyond trying to survive.

Once the individual knows how to survive on their own then growth can occur because one has, in essence, taken the "first step".

First the people, need to individuate. How might it be different? Why not? I would be sure there are many Elders in Africa that are not aware of it. The importance is in the term "Alliance" different races and cultures have different things to offer.

If all the SGC's were in one spot, that would defeat the entire purpose and intent of the SGC's. The phrase, "Do not place all your eggs in one basket." is an important one to remember. Diversity aides growth exponentially if it knows what it is doing.

Vuyiswa
Centurio
Centurio

Post by Vuyiswa » Tue Nov 08, 2005 3:03 am

Hi Parnell,All,

Sorry about the negative criticism comment - I am still getting to know you and shouldn't have thought you might take my post that way.

(By the way thanks LB for showing me how to do the quote function with an assigned name)
Parnell wrote: It is important to note, that to fully understand the "spectrum" the "I" needs to be acheived, then the individual can "step" out of the collective unconcious and be able to see and analyze it.

In essence each SGC will be an individual in itself doing what it does best, with individuals working along side it. Think of it as micro and macro cosmic alliances. The alliance must be made within the psyche first, from then it can grow.
I agree and have met many people who don't know anything about 3rd and 4th density transition or matters concerning esoterica, who have individuated. Their learning being facilitated through life experiences in what we here in the West might call challenging conditions.
Parnell wrote:The concept of the SGC's are not to be self-sustainable, but to be able to grow. The reason is simple, 3rd density principles and materials will not operate once the transition into 4th density occurs.

For that reason the Individuals within the Phi-Core, must know how to SURVIVE first, many people do not know how to survive, and because of this they cannot grow beyond trying to survive.
I guess that is a given for those alientated from nature. There is much we can learn from indigenous groups of people who have never lost their atunement to nature.
Parnell wrote: Once the individual knows how to survive on their own then growth can occur because one has, in essence, taken the "first step".

First the people, need to individuate. How might it be different? Why not? I would be sure there are many Elders in Africa that are not aware of it. The importance is in the term "Alliance" different races and cultures have different things to offer.

If all the SGC's were in one spot, that would defeat the entire purpose and intent of the SGC's. The phrase, "Do not place all your eggs in one basket." is an important one to remember. Diversity aides growth exponentially if it knows what it is doing.
One interesting thing that is occuring in Africa is the move back to a sense of how our ancestors lived with nature. Poverty caused by centuries of exploitation and now the Aids pandemic and the little mentioned Malaria, is catalyst for many to revisit basic principles about what we eat and how we can live co-operatively with nature and ourselves. For this reason, I see a greater potential for people to "grok" the idea of SGCs there than I do here in theWest. The racial memory of living co-operatively is stronger. On the spiritual side the same applies as many have a foot in both ends of the spectrum and thus greater accesibility to living well once the choice is made.

I have never envisioned America being the only place where SCGs could thrive. Indeed I think there are other SGCs across the globe, but they do not use the terminology we do, thus we may not recognise as such. Wangari Mathaai, a Kenyan woman who got a Nobel Peace prize last year for her work on sustainable environments is one example that gives a clue to the potential for living within 4th density principles.

When I asked you how an SGC in Africa may be different from an "Aid" organisation, I was just seeking your speculation and thoughts, not saying that it is not possible.

Plenty of food for thought. Thanks Parnell. Something interesting has just happened. My post to you has just twisted itself around and I am now typing in backwards mode. ie right to left, instead of left to right !!! I have no idea how this could happen. Gonna post it anyway to see how it looks. I have just previewed the post and it has turned itself back round. Anyone able to explain what I might have unconsciously done?. I just love my computer - it seems to have a mind of its own :)

Love, Vuyiswa.
Love is All/All is Love\r\n\r\nWhat you are looking for is what is looking.\r\n- St. Francis of Assisi

Tulan
Cellarius
Cellarius

Post by Tulan » Sun Nov 20, 2005 7:16 pm

Ahh thank you for your clarification on that topic, I know this is a late reply.
When I asked you how an SGC in Africa may be different from an "Aid" organisation, I was just seeking your speculation and thoughts, not saying that it is not possible.
I apologize I misunderstood. The primary difference to recognize is between "healing" and "growing". The concept of the "Sacred Growth Centers" is one emphasising growth not healing. The growth represented seems ideal in an environment where people will grow on topics ranging from Science, Mathematics, Philosophy, Building, Pyschology, and applicable hands-on things, such as construction to building rock walls. Of course another emphasis on top of that is the need for it to be FUN. As well as the desire to sate the curiosity.

An "aide" center aides people in healing not growing that is the primary difference. "Victims" stagnate unless they choose to grow.

In reverse eh? Just like writing with a mirror no?
Anyone able to explain what I might have unconsciously done?
Hahaha, not so much "done" but what you have unconciously "said".

BTW, 3rd density principles and materials may or may not operate within 4th density because we do not know, creating a "self sustainable" community is not the goal. It may require self sustainability to start the project however continued growth is the emphasis to be able to grow not sit and twiddle thumbs.