Why 'phi'?

General discussion about the Elder Race, Life, the Universe and Everything.
Gopi
Atriensis
Atriensis

Why 'phi'?

Post by Gopi » Wed Jun 28, 2006 10:38 am

I was curious to know from a long time... what is the nature of the number phi which prompted the name 'phi-core'?

Elsewhere it has been mentioned that the number was in important clue to the understanding of the universe, and I can agree wholeheartedly, however I do not understand where it came from [ for example, 'pi' comes from the ratio of the circumference to the diameter ]

My knowledge is limited to its occurrence as the Golden Ratio repeatedly in Nature. Is there any other crucial role played by this number?

Cheers,
Gopi
It is time.

Tulan
Cellarius
Cellarius

Re: Why 'phi'?

Post by Tulan » Wed Jun 28, 2006 12:07 pm

Phi as the divine ratio - represents the occurence of a linkage in the Universe. It represents life. (using Reciprocal System concepts)

Phi - from that very brief definition, is basically a bridge between the mundane (physical) and the spiritual (metaphysical) - the bridge unto which spirit may bring life into the mundane - and the bridge unto which the mundane may bring contrast into the spiritual (as experiental knowledge).

From there then, going back to Q'uo's message about the Time Lateral (one that LB and I did privately with Carla). Q'uo spoke of those dual-activated entities (they referenced Blue and I as an example) that "Stand gaurd to the entrance of the bridge like sentinels." Apparently a bridge that leads to the next stage of evolution (4th density). The analogy was that of a draw bridge - that is slowly lowered as time for the 'Shunt' (another name for the Time lateral) slowly draws to an end.

He and I noticed right away the correlation with the actual symbol used for Phi - and decided that it was a very suitable name/symbol for the goals of the 'Rangers' (what we used to call the Phi-Core).

Here are the definitions we use on the website:
Phi
The Greek letter, classically used to represent the Divine Ratio, associated with life. Phi was selected for two reasons, the first being its phonetic similarity to "psi", which associated with psychic skills, and it's symbolic association with the "Divine"--the seeking of ultimate truths.

Core
The "center" symbol; the philosophical basis underlying the ideology of the Phi-Core. Also, "Kore" (Persephone), the archetype of feminine innocence which embodies the idea of a universal "soul."
Ah, you seek meaning? Then listen to the music, not the song. - Kosh Naranek

Gopi
Atriensis
Atriensis

Post by Gopi » Wed Jun 28, 2006 11:59 pm

the first being its phonetic similarity to "psi", which associated with psychic skills,
Ha!! Psi-Phi = Sci-fi huh? :D
Tulan wrote:It represents life. (using Reciprocal System concepts)
Then we should be able to derive this ratio from the postulates of the reciprocal system. Another one on the to-do list.

Cheers,
Gopi
It is time.

LoneBear
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Post by LoneBear » Thu Jun 29, 2006 9:09 am

Gopi wrote:Then we should be able to derive this ratio from the postulates of the reciprocal system. Another one on the to-do list.
It is really simple to do, since it is the ratio between the rectangular coordinate system of the material sector, and the polar coordinate system of the cosmic sector, identified by Nehru as "prana."

You might also find it interesting to study the role that Unity (the number "1") plays in the phi ratio, and think in terms of "unit speed."

Phi = 1 + 1/Phi

As well as the Fibonacci series as a graphical representation, where the linkage between the counterspace "turn" (an unbounded angle) is mapped into a rectangular projection.

Raytrek
Cognitor
Cognitor

Post by Raytrek » Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:07 pm

LoneBear
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Why-Phi

Post by LoneBear » Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:24 am

Gopi wrote:Ha!! Psi-Phi = Sci-fi huh? :D
Did you ever take a close look at the Antiquatis logo on the top right of the screen... it has 4 Greek letters, read bottom-up, Alpha-Omega and Psi-Phi. Being a Star Trek and Doctor Who fan all my life... I couldn't resist.
Gopi wrote:Then we should be able to derive this ratio from the postulates of the reciprocal system.
The Fibonacci series makes more sense when you view it as a "pixelated" projection of the "Quantum PI" concept discussed in RS2 (http://forum.rs2theory.org/node/425), from Miles Mathis' idea of "PI = 4".
RayTrek wrote:Seen a pretty good doco on it http://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation ... YDwWbDhCEg
I'll take a watch... after all, the broadcast of this video over my VHF link is "Why-Phi".