Secrets of the Mayan Calendar

General discussion about the Elder Race, Life, the Universe and Everything.
Eccles
Cellarius
Cellarius

Secrets of the Mayan Calendar

Post by Eccles » Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:13 am

Dr. Carl Calleman, a Swedish biologist, broke the code on the Mayan Calendar. If you would like to find out more about the Mayan Calendar, I suggest that you get his book: The Mayan Calendar: Solving the Greatest Mystery of Our Time (2001).

I
Attachments
Mayan Calendar_rev0.ppt
Secrets of the Mayan Calendar PowerPoint presentation
(1.08 MiB) Downloaded 155 times

Arcelius
Atriensis
Atriensis

Re: Secrets of the Mayan Calendar

Post by Arcelius » Wed Sep 24, 2008 3:45 pm

When I open the file using Microsoft Powerpoint Viewer, I really don't think I'm seeing what you are seeing. Many slides are blank, others have some coloured lines, others just have a picture without anything else on them. I am not seeing any content.

Alluvion
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Post by Alluvion » Wed Sep 24, 2008 5:53 pm

Same for me - no texts or bullet points just the graphics.

Starlight*
Cellarius
Cellarius

Post by Starlight* » Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:23 pm

I see the contents clearly.

Thanks, Eccles.

Eccles
Cellarius
Cellarius

Post by Eccles » Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:20 am

It seems that PowerPoint was designed from Day 1 (no pun intended) to operate on the owner's machine with little transferability. I tried to save it as an .MHTML file, which is a stand-alone file; however, the software for this forum won't allow uploads of .HTM type files. There's one other "fix" I want to pursue.

Alluvion
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Post by Alluvion » Thu Sep 25, 2008 6:14 am

To note, I don't own PowerPoint itself so I have the stand alone viewer.

Eccles
Cellarius
Cellarius

Post by Eccles » Thu Sep 25, 2008 6:24 am

Alluvion wrote:To note, I don't own PowerPoint itself so I have the stand alone viewer.
The newer versions of PowerPoint Viewer are prohibitively large (~25MB) for most people.

I've created a Mayan0.EXE file--an executable file--which I also can't upload or PM you because of forum screens. If you and aluxon PM me with your email address, I'll try to email it directly to you. I don't yet know if even that will work since MS Outlook doesn't like executable files that often.

Someday, I'll cut my umbilical cord to PowerPoint; but, it's a nice tool, IMHO.

Arcelius
Atriensis
Atriensis

Post by Arcelius » Thu Sep 25, 2008 3:31 pm

Eccles wrote:I've created a Mayan0.EXE file--an executable file--which I also can't upload or PM you because of forum screens.
It might be possible if you compress the file into a ZIP file. This is how I posted the biorhythm calculating program.
Eccles wrote:If you and aluxon PM me with your email address, I'll try to email it directly to you. I don't yet know if even that will work since MS Outlook doesn't like executable files that often.
I tried opening it with OpenOffice 2.0 and it works there. Just don't use the Powerpoint Viewer from Microsoft (use the free competing tool to open the Microsoft file -- hmmm). Since I have been able to view the presentation, there is no need to email it to me (thanks anyway).

Eccles
Cellarius
Cellarius

Post by Eccles » Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:15 am

Thanks, aluxon, for the zip file suggestion; I hadn't thought of that. I'll give it a try when I get back to my office on Monday. Next Wednesday I'll be gone for a week for a high school reunion. My replies to this topic will be a little slow in coming.

Eccles
Cellarius
Cellarius

Post by Eccles » Wed Oct 08, 2008 5:35 am

SHOWSTOPPER -- I didn't think that my visual presentation on the end of creation occurring in 2011 would be a thread-stopper. Of course, the thread does have a little competition and distraction from the financial markets failing all over the world and 401Ks becoming 201Ks, but we knew this would happen, right?

I've zipped the Mayan Calendar presentation and a PowerPoint Viewer into a 2MB file/application. I can't upload it because of the 128KB restriction; however, I'll email it to you if you'd like.

LoneBear
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Post by LoneBear » Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:21 pm

Eccles wrote:I've zipped the Mayan Calendar presentation and a PowerPoint Viewer into a 2MB file/application. I can't upload it because of the 128KB restriction; however, I'll email it to you if you'd like.
You can upload on the main site, which has a 16MB limit. Log in, Create Content, Blog Entry, click on "File attachments" down near the bottom. Registered users will then be able to download it.