Dream Research - Perspectives

Forum for the sharing and discussion of various research projects going on.
LoneBear
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Dream Research - Perspectives

Post by LoneBear » Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:46 pm

Had a dream last night about an alien invasion of Earth, which is not surprising because the last thing I watched before going to bed was the Doctor Who 50th Anniversary Special (which I enjoyed, as I've been watching Doctor Who for 50 years).

The aliens weren't exactly terrifying... I remember asking one of them "shouldn't you be reporting for work, over on the Spectreman stage?" (Spectreman must have had a 20 yen budget back then.) I still find it unusual to have my conscious memories available in my dreams, particularly to the point of using those memories to crack jokes about alien invaders.

There did not seem to be much point to the dream, other than to have the holodeck filled with "stuff," because what was interesting was the changing perspectives. At one moment, I would be inside my "sleep self," using first-person perspective like I do in conscious life; just looking out the eyes. Then it would jump to other perspectives, such as side view where I could see myself talking with the aliens, or top view, where I was looking at the terrain more like a map, or looking behind me at the same time I was looking in front of me.

I had never really thought about it before, but that jumping of perspective is rather common in my dreams. I tend to "see" things from the perspective that provides the best interpretation of the events taking place. And many times, I'm processing multiple perspectives at the same time, such as talking face-to-face with an alien, while watching the conversation between the two of us from, say 50 feet down the road.

I know that everything in a dream IS ME, since it's my holodeck. The only interpretation I was able to make was that in the holodeck, you "are" part of the projection system, so you see things holographically--not with the conventional, stereoscopic vision. Therefore, your consciousness is seeing all perspectives, simultaneously, and you are just picking the "data stream" that allows you to see what you need to see in the situation.

And that brought me to an incident that happened when I was young--I use to do that when I was a child, in my waking state. It started with my alarm clock, which was on the shelf under the nightstand, so I could not see the time unless I leaned a bit over the edge of the bed. In the winter, when it was cold, I would often wake up before the alarm went off and would get curious about the time to see if it was worth trying to get back to sleep, or to just get up and start getting ready for school. Of course, since it was cold, I didn't want to move the blankets to bend over and look at the clock, so I would play this game of closing my eyes and would visualize my bedroom, and would just use this visualization to look at the time on the clock. Of course when I saw the time in this visualization, I would get curious and have to get up and take a look--it was ALWAYS exactly right (digital clock that I had built, only hours and minutes displayed).

That got me thinking about the correlation of my holographic perspectives in the dream and what could have been "astral projection" in my youth. Now that I think about it, the experiences are remarkably similar.

I've been using quaternions in my research, and that mathematical structure contains two parts: a "real" scalar and an "imaginary" vector. If you think about it, that scalar part is similar to the singular perspective we deal with in conscious life, looking out through the eyes. Since "real" and "imaginary" flip when asleep, then you start to see through that imaginary "vector" into the imaginary holodeck experience, giving a full, three dimensions to "sight." Astral projection, or remote viewing, would be the conjugate system, where you are taking a 3D "sight" into the conscious realm, rather than the 1D scalar view through the eyes.

As I develop my RS2 artificial reality, I'm going to keep this in mind. I suspect there is a simple process to making this switch, that we basically learn to turn off as we get older.

BTW, nothing really happened in the dream; the aliens, apparently made of foam rubber and duct tape, didn't do a whole lot. They only seemed to be there as props.

Djchrismac
Cellarius
Cellarius

Re: Dream Research - Perspectives

Post by Djchrismac » Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:55 pm

LoneBear wrote:Had a dream last night about an alien invasion of Earth, which is not surprising because the last thing I watched before going to bed was the Doctor Who 50th Anniversary Special (which I enjoyed, as I've been watching Doctor Who for 50 years).

The aliens weren't exactly terrifying... I remember asking one of them "shouldn't you be reporting for work, over on the Spectreman stage?" (Spectreman must have had a 20 yen budget back then.) I still find it unusual to have my conscious memories available in my dreams, particularly to the point of using those memories to crack jokes about alien invaders.
:lol: did he look a bit like this:
LoneBear wrote:There did not seem to be much point to the dream, other than to have the holodeck filled with "stuff," because what was interesting was the changing perspectives. At one moment, I would be inside my "sleep self," using first-person perspective like I do in conscious life; just looking out the eyes. Then it would jump to other perspectives, such as side view where I could see myself talking with the aliens, or top view, where I was looking at the terrain more like a map, or looking behind me at the same time I was looking in front of me.

I had never really thought about it before, but that jumping of perspective is rather common in my dreams. I tend to "see" things from the perspective that provides the best interpretation of the events taking place. And many times, I'm processing multiple perspectives at the same time, such as talking face-to-face with an alien, while watching the conversation between the two of us from, say 50 feet down the road.

I know that everything in a dream IS ME, since it's my holodeck. The only interpretation I was able to make was that in the holodeck, you "are" part of the projection system, so you see things holographically--not with the conventional, stereoscopic vision. Therefore, your consciousness is seeing all perspectives, simultaneously, and you are just picking the "data stream" that allows you to see what you need to see in the situation.
I had this happen again just the other night when I did my third astral projection:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1440&p=10034#p10030
LoneBear wrote:And that brought me to an incident that happened when I was young--I use to do that when I was a child, in my waking state. It started with my alarm clock, which was on the shelf under the nightstand, so I could not see the time unless I leaned a bit over the edge of the bed. In the winter, when it was cold, I would often wake up before the alarm went off and would get curious about the time to see if it was worth trying to get back to sleep, or to just get up and start getting ready for school. Of course, since it was cold, I didn't want to move the blankets to bend over and look at the clock, so I would play this game of closing my eyes and would visualize my bedroom, and would just use this visualization to look at the time on the clock. Of course when I saw the time in this visualization, I would get curious and have to get up and take a look--it was ALWAYS exactly right (digital clock that I had built, only hours and minutes displayed).

That got me thinking about the correlation of my holographic perspectives in the dream and what could have been "astral projection" in my youth. Now that I think about it, the experiences are remarkably similar.

I've been using quaternions in my research, and that mathematical structure contains two parts: a "real" scalar and an "imaginary" vector. If you think about it, that scalar part is similar to the singular perspective we deal with in conscious life, looking out through the eyes. Since "real" and "imaginary" flip when asleep, then you start to see through that imaginary "vector" into the imaginary holodeck experience, giving a full, three dimensions to "sight." Astral projection, or remote viewing, would be the conjugate system, where you are taking a 3D "sight" into the conscious realm, rather than the 1D scalar view through the eyes.

As I develop my RS2 artificial reality, I'm going to keep this in mind. I suspect there is a simple process to making this switch, that we basically learn to turn off as we get older.

BTW, nothing really happened in the dream; the aliens, apparently made of foam rubber and duct tape, didn't do a whole lot. They only seemed to be there as props.
Again i've had similar happen:
http://fora.conscioushugs.com/viewtopic ... lash#p1987
Cool i've had sound from another room and the visuals in front of my closed eyes permeate into a dream before, when I was a kid and on the wall of the room I was in at the time was a flower type design. Downstairs my wee brother was playing an old Nintendo game and watch and the soundtrack from that was recognized in my dream which created a dream about the game, a motor bike racing led game funnily enough!

The bikes weren't racing up the screen on a fake 3d track though, they were going sideways and some would fall off a bridge the track and into water, whenever the sound of the bike crashing in the actual game being played happened, and when it did the bike would hit the water and the splash was the flower pattern on the wall. I stayed in the dream for a good few minutes almost consciously trying to figure it out before slowly waking, seeing the pattern/splash and hearing my brother play the bike game while having breakfast and seeing how it all came together in my head to make the dream!
It's almost like parts of the real world start bleeding into the dream world as you are waking from the holodeck and your consciousness is crossing over back to the material sector. But you can also influence those sleeping in this way. A friend of mine used to fall asleep at another friends flat and speak in her sleep so we would reply to her as if she were awake and we were having a conversation, she would answer and we'd laugh at how we were influencing her dreams! :D

As you pointed out as well when your legs turn to jelly in your sleep it's them waking up first in real life. It also seems that we don't wake up in the same order every time, bottom up in this example with jelly legs. The opposite is top down with sleep paralysis where the head wakes up and realizes the body is stuck, still in the dream world and the person feels helpless and often scared.

Have you seen this documentary, The Phase? If so what do you make of it?

http://documentaryaddict.com/The+Phase+ ... ntary.html
"It's an astounding coincidence: in the absolute majority of accounts of the supernatural, be they biblical miracles or paranormal phenomena, the protagonist had been falling asleep or waking up at the crucial moment. As a result, there is something out there that has forever altered human history and culture -- something we know nothing about.

What are they keeping from us? Who stunted human development and who has something to gain from that? What's hidden inside each and every one of us -- and what does it hold for the future?"
Jones: [looks at Sallah] You said their headpiece only had markings on one side, are you absolutely sure? [Sallah nods] Belloq's staff is too long.
Jones and Sallah: They're digging in the wrong place!

LoneBear
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Post by LoneBear » Sun Dec 15, 2013 6:37 pm

Djchrismac wrote::lol: did he look a bit like this:
I really got to wonder if the "Andromedans" look like this...
Zuno.jpg
Zuno (from Spectreman)
Zuno.jpg (21.39 KiB) Viewed 1926 times
You never know!

Hey, I wonder if Zuno is where my mind got the "potato eye" things from?

MrTwig
Centurio
Centurio

Post by MrTwig » Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:59 pm

LoneBear wrote:As I develop my RS2 artificial reality, I'm going to keep this in mind. I suspect there is a simple process to making this switch, that we basically learn to turn off as we get older.
Have you found anything on the pineal gland? From what I understand it is the "eye" that we look at the other side with. As we sleep it becomes awake and vice-versa. If I want an answer to a problem I go to sleep looking for the answer but accepting how ever it comes to me. There always seems to be an interpretation of some fashion. I may not always understand the solution but it is there.