Maintaining Fight or Flight with musical Tempo

Forum for the sharing and discussion of various research projects going on.
LoneBear
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Maintaining Fight or Flight with musical Tempo

Post by LoneBear » Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:27 am

I was out walking earlier on this nice, autumn day and happened to notice something about all the cars going past with the constant, thump - thump - thump - thump tempo of the music they were playing. It got me thinking about a comment that a guy made to me at the fitness center, about "needing aggressive music" in order to work out--and switched on the "thump, thump, thump...". So I started timing the thumps of passing cars (usually drum beats) to determine the tempo... pretty much every one was 120 bpm, which I've also noticed is the average heart rate at which you switch over to "full cardio" (fat burning) when working out, like the situation your body would be in, in a "fight or flight" situation. That heart starts pounding--around 120 bpm, which is about a 50% increase from a normal pulse (the rate decreases with age).

Something I also remembered from the aggressive music guy was that he was on the ellipticals next to me, and they have heart-rate monitors in the grips. He was a bit younger than I, but I could not help notice that his pulse jumped up to 120 in just a couple of minutes... mine, actually doing a higher-resistance workout, had only reached 89 in the same amount of time (and I have an excellent cardiovascular system, due to ancestry and weight training). That large difference puzzled me at the time. But I don't listen to music when working out--I focus on what I am doing (primarily for safety, as you don't want to drop a 60 pound dumbbell on somebody's foot when they bump into me because they are watching the overhead TVs and walking at the same time--the Idiocracy starts at the gym!) Now I think I understand...

Given the way civilized society works, with its "if you don't buy this right now, you're going to die or at least not get any sex" fear-based marketing approach, people are constantly under that "fight or flight" stress reaction. I suspect the popularity of this style of music has become a biological addiction--not as a compensation to stress, but the artificial stimulation of stress, because the body is now considering the "fight or flight" condition as the norm. If your heart isn't pounding, then you don't feel alive. And when you unplug that musical metronome keeping your pulse pounding, you crash... though in all likelihood, you are actually just returning to the biological norm.

I'm going to make more observations, but it seems that the excessive use of stimulants like music, caffeine, tobacco (or at least what they are calling tobacco), films, TV shows, etc., are all being used for the same purpose--to keep people in an artificial state of fight or flight. Now I am wondering as to the "why"... can't just be "marketing," because killing off your consumer base from stress isn't a good way to keep customers.
Keeper of the Troth of Ásgarðr, Moriar prius quam dedecorer.

Ilkka
Praefectus
Praefectus

Re: Maintaining Fight or Flight with musical Tempo

Post by Ilkka » Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:42 am

LoneBear wrote:I was out walking earlier on this nice, autumn day and happened to notice something about all the cars going past with the constant, thump - thump - thump - thump tempo of the music they were playing
I do hear them cars, mostly in this region the "thump thump" cars are actually "moped cars", that has loud speakers etc. that I dont know about so much, but what I do know is that I do not like that. I have this friend that likes to listen that sort of music and keep very loud volume even. In his car there is subwoofer and some other gizmos. When one is in car with that much noise and vibrations it is really hard to actually breath let alone feel ones heartrate. That is why I dont like it, also that friend of mine seems to be all normal with it. Living example, I think he is. Also my bigger brother likes that thing, and my big brother and that friend are more closer friends than me and him, for quite obvious reasons.
Enjoy the Silence

deepfsh
Cellarius
Cellarius

Add. Observation: Reaching the Top When Hiking

Post by deepfsh » Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:30 pm

LoneBear wrote:I focus on what I am doing (primarily for safety, as you don't want to drop a 60 pound dumbbell on somebody's foot when they bump into me because they are watching the overhead TVs and walking at the same time--the Idiocracy starts at the gym!)
While I was hiking with a friend today, I noticed how the mountains can mean a lot to people, some even stating that they "touch their souls" in a way. And I thought about Moses and his commandments from God which he received on the top of a mountain, and LB's post about the SM's colony in South America, where they parked their spaceship high in the mountains (if I remember it correctly). On the other hand, the Neanderthal part of us could be steering us towards the exploration of the caves below the Earth's surface.

Interestingly, a student of psychology joined an expedition of hikers and then one of the speleologists - she concluded that the speleologists are more altruistic by nature, i. e. they progress based on the speed of the weakest link in the group, while a hiker does his best to be the first on the top, thus being more competitive oriented.
"You talk the talk ... do you walk the walk?" Kubrick, Full Metal Jacket

infinity
Centurio
Centurio

Post by infinity » Mon Oct 27, 2014 1:25 am

Lonebear,

Maybe the strategy is not sustainability but exploitation. Whenever markets crash, the rich get richer and the poor gets poorer. Whenever there's conflict, the arms traders make a buck. When people get sick, the pharmaceutical companies cash in. Problems = good for business, but bad for sustainability because they aren't solved, they are exploited.

It makes sense in a capitalism-driven society where the norms are about financial wealth as one of the highest values.
"The death of dogma is the birth of morality" - Kant

LoneBear
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Post by LoneBear » Tue Oct 28, 2014 6:28 pm

I saw a T-shirt today at the fitness center that pretty much says it all... boldly emblazoned on the back:

Music: ON
World: OFF

Which if you consider it, is the reciprocal relationship between the microcosm and macrocosm. And that does seem to be the "push" these days, getting people to shut off the world, so The Powers That Be can do what they want, and nobody notices or cares. Until the music stops.
Keeper of the Troth of Ásgarðr, Moriar prius quam dedecorer.

Djchrismac
Cellarius
Cellarius

Post by Djchrismac » Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:34 pm

LoneBear wrote:I was out walking earlier on this nice, autumn day and happened to notice something about all the cars going past with the constant, thump - thump - thump - thump tempo of the music they were playing. It got me thinking about a comment that a guy made to me at the fitness center, about "needing aggressive music" in order to work out--and switched on the "thump, thump, thump...". So I started timing the thumps of passing cars (usually drum beats) to determine the tempo... pretty much every one was 120 bpm, which I've also noticed is the average heart rate at which you switch over to "full cardio" (fat burning) when working out, like the situation your body would be in, in a "fight or flight" situation. That heart starts pounding--around 120 bpm, which is about a 50% increase from a normal pulse (the rate decreases with age).

Something I also remembered from the aggressive music guy was that he was on the ellipticals next to me, and they have heart-rate monitors in the grips. He was a bit younger than I, but I could not help notice that his pulse jumped up to 120 in just a couple of minutes... mine, actually doing a higher-resistance workout, had only reached 89 in the same amount of time (and I have an excellent cardiovascular system, due to ancestry and weight training). That large difference puzzled me at the time. But I don't listen to music when working out--I focus on what I am doing (primarily for safety, as you don't want to drop a 60 pound dumbbell on somebody's foot when they bump into me because they are watching the overhead TVs and walking at the same time--the Idiocracy starts at the gym!) Now I think I understand...

Given the way civilized society works, with its "if you don't buy this right now, you're going to die or at least not get any sex" fear-based marketing approach, people are constantly under that "fight or flight" stress reaction. I suspect the popularity of this style of music has become a biological addiction--not as a compensation to stress, but the artificial stimulation of stress, because the body is now considering the "fight or flight" condition as the norm. If your heart isn't pounding, then you don't feel alive. And when you unplug that musical metronome keeping your pulse pounding, you crash... though in all likelihood, you are actually just returning to the biological norm.

I'm going to make more observations, but it seems that the excessive use of stimulants like music, caffeine, tobacco (or at least what they are calling tobacco), films, TV shows, etc., are all being used for the same purpose--to keep people in an artificial state of fight or flight. Now I am wondering as to the "why"... can't just be "marketing," because killing off your consumer base from stress isn't a good way to keep customers.
Most modern dance music (or EDM over there) is between 120 and 140bpm which covers the likes of disco at the slow end of the scale to gabba techno at the ridiculous end! But you also need to factor in the change in frequency from 432hz to 440hz:

http://www.viewzone.com/432hertz222.html
Forgetting about specific examples, we need only to look at the world around us to see that the early symptoms of psychosis -- anxiety, depression, paranoia -- are prevalent in society and politics. The only beneficiaries of this sad human condition are the pharmaceutical companies who make billions off our attempt to relieve these symptoms. I am reminded of IG Farben, the Nazi company that made the gas for the holocaust, who changed their name to BAYER and are not only responsible for this drug hungry culture but have also now killed off the honey bees with their pesticides. And, yes, we have written about that also on viewzone.

Other pharmaceutical companies are owned by larger financial cartels who, in turn, are owned by even larger banking institutions until ultimately what looks like free market diversity is, in fact, the Rothschild (Illuminati) conglomerate. It's apparently all designed to create the continuance of unhealthy lifestyles, continual wars and depress spirituality.

Although music is just aspect of this control, it is perhaps the most successful.

"If one should desire to know whether a kingdom is well governed, if its morals are good or bad, the quality of its music will furnish the answer."
-- Confucius
The following goes into more depth about the Rockafeller connection and music as a weapon:

http://www.medicalveritas.org/MedicalVe ... ntrol.html
Between World Wars I and II, accelerating during the 1930s, scientific studies in musical frequencies best suited for war-making were funded by the Rothschild-Rockefeller alliance, represented by the Rockefeller Foundation and U.S. Navy.(8-11)

A major objective of this war, and profitable population control, research was to determine the musical factors capable of producing psychopathology, emotional distress, and “mass hysteria.”(8)

Academically directed by grants provided by the Rockefeller Foundation, in concert with the US Navy and National Defense Research Council according to the foundation’s archives, acoustic energy researchers, including Harold Burris-Meyer, an audio engineer and drama instructor at New Jersey’s Stevens Institute of Technology, were commissioned.(8)
Want to see another crazy connection to Geoengineering and weather control?
The fact that A=440Hz standard tuning is relatively distressing, as adequately evidenced below and elsewhere,(7, 20-22) implicates these parties and their research into aversive musical frequencies for military and commercial uses.
I caught our US Nexrad equivalent Met Office doppler radar network generating a heterodyne frequency in the following 4 April time-lapses. The WeatherWar101 video lets you hear it and i've seen the same shaped clouds repeatedly when this frequency is happening overhead, both the rippled washboard effects and the distinct shapes you see ten seconds into the fourth video:

NEXRAD/HAARP effect videos
http://youtu.be/u_fadjxngZo?list=PL76cW ... 73eWLb_Yc-
15 ‎April ‎2014 - Chem-haze & HAARP Cloud Time-lapse
15 ‎April ‎2014 - HAARP Cloud Ripples Time-lapse
15 ‎April ‎2014 - HAARP EM Clouds Time-lapse
15 ‎April ‎2014 - HAARP Cloud Sunset Time-lapse

Geoengineering: Nexrad Sequential Heterodyne Wave Generation
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgpqIaTDSVA

infinity wrote:Maybe the strategy is not sustainability but exploitation. Whenever markets crash, the rich get richer and the poor gets poorer. Whenever there's conflict, the arms traders make a buck. When people get sick, the pharmaceutical companies cash in. Problems = good for business, but bad for sustainability because they aren't solved, they are exploited.

It makes sense in a capitalism-driven society where the norms are about financial wealth as one of the highest values.
That is exactly the strategy mate, the rich get richer and the elites get more control, wars against countries, drugs and so on line their pockets as they play both sides against each other, more cash rolls in from health problems as the medical and pharmaceutical industry exploit us and intrinsically linked to this is global geoengineering and weather control making the planet cooler to feed energy companies and oil/gas giants, while at the same time sickening us through lack of sunlight, bio-engineered nanoparticles and metallic oxides which are also killing off nature and food supplies, paving the way for GMO poison.

Everyone walks around in a trance/intoxicated and in this "fight or flight" state as they are bombarded with media disinfo, adverts and more in an EM frequency prison, distracted by modern life with their headphones in, glued to their phone. Throw all that together with us not resonating with the natural frequency of nature and we really are caught up in a matrix of unimaginable proportions...
In a paper entitled ‘Musical Cult Control’, Dr. Leonard Horowitz writes: “The music industry features this imposed frequency that is ‘herding’ populations into greater aggression, psycho social agitation, and emotional distress predisposing people to physical illness.”

You just have to go out in the street and take a look around. What do you see? School kids, young adults on their way to work, a woman pushing her baby in a pram, a man walking his dog – and what do they all have in common? iPods or MP3 Players! Ingenious, isn't it?
“If you want to find the secrets of the universe, think in terms of energy, frequency and vibration.” -Nikola Tesla

The powers that be are successfully lowering the vibrations of not only the young generation but the rest of us as well. These destructive frequencies entrain the thoughts towards disruption, disharmony and disunity. Additionally, they also stimulate the controlling organ of the body - the brain - into disharmonious resonance, which ultimately creates disease and war.

Read More: http://www.whydontyoutrythis.com/2013/0 ... 432hz.html
I think the "why" is simply to keep us out of phase with nature and thus easier to control in a more artificial environment, as we sit out of phase with the analogue soundwaves of nature and plugged into a digital soundscape. Using various stimulants while combining this with music, films, TV and so on creates an experience which is so different from boring reality and the fear of what's happening out there in reality, brought to you by the news at ten.

People then retreat to this comfortable artificial reality and find it easier to blissfully ignore what's really going on while using it to cope with the drudgery of a 9-5 slavery occupation which they refuse to acknowledge.
Jones: [looks at Sallah] You said their headpiece only had markings on one side, are you absolutely sure? [Sallah nods] Belloq's staff is too long.
Jones and Sallah: They're digging in the wrong place!

infinity
Centurio
Centurio

Post by infinity » Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:19 am

What I like about discussing things like this is the question begged - what are we doing about the issues we see?

Isn't that the important thing to ask?

For example, dj shares some perspectives and sources to help create awareness, lonebear does the rs2 and antiquatis stuff to help people that are serious about walking the path to real growth in consciousness, and I like to work on myself and encourage (which includes challenging them) those in my life to work on themselves as a starting point for changing the world.

After all, individually we share the same collective consciousness as humanity. If we actively and seriously find something to contribute with, we DO make a difference in the bigger picture - and make it easier for others to do the same. We're all interconnected.

And that is what is most important to me personally - what we're doing about it - and we are doing something about it.

The trick is, learning to find more and more effective ways to accomplish the shared vision we have. Based on our individual strengths. Perhaps we can help each other find our strengths. The most exhilarating part of growing in consciousness is the increasing opportunity and capability to help others to do so too.
"The death of dogma is the birth of morality" - Kant