Hex Education -- An Analysis of Magick

Forum for the sharing and discussion of various research projects going on.
LoneBear
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Incantations and Invocations

Post by LoneBear » Thu Jul 07, 2016 7:57 am

Incantations (spells to alter spatial relations) and Invocations (summoning spirits to alter temporal relations) are two of the ancient tools to utilize magick. I've been looking at some of the old grimoires and again noticed a similarity with computers. These rituals are akin to running a program and passing parameters to it (such as editing a file -- run Word and pass the file name to edit).

The filenames are often close to the sacred root languages, such as medieval Latin for western culture (Harry Potter spells are basically Latin). The accoutrements that go along with the filename are the various symbols and objects that form the sacred space for incantation and invocation, just like you would place the name of the file to be edited right after the editor program name.

This structure tells me a few things, foremost of which is that the "program code" that does the actual work exists on a kind of "hard drive" somewhere else, that it downloaded through the magic-netic device driver and executed. The logical place for that is the biggest "hard drive" on this world, the Archive of the Ancients.

There is a series of prerequisites required on the path of Wizardry:
  1. Activate the conceptual telepathy system of your psyche (not group mind).
  2. Discover the Archive (your access point).
  3. Learn to access the Archive through conceptual symbolics (psychocartography).
  4. Learn to navigate the Archive and find a compatible magic-netic driver for your anima.
  5. Download and install the driver.
  6. Enter the codes into the driver that allow access to the magick database.
  7. Learn the programs do and what they require as input.
We know that space alters time and time alters space, so the ritual symbols and structures are quite important as arguments to the program when it is executed. For example, to run a payroll report on a computer requires access to the employee list, their salaries and the bank information to create checks. If any of these parameters are missing, then the program will execute--but no checks get printed. Execute a magical operation without the proper parameters and not much will happen.

The list of programs and parameters are those documented in old records, such as the Book of Shadows, Grimoires and other ritual/ceremonial magic texts. Just like in computers, I'm sure there is a convention (or pattern) to passing these parameters and optional arguments to the magick programming, which defines how to structure the environment for the desired effects. As of yet, I have not located any documentation on that convention. That information, originating from the Annunaki, may now be lost or suppressed.

I have to wonder if the similarity between magical systems and computers is "accidental." It may just be a personal bias on my part growing up with the evolution of these machines, but the parallels are striking... to most people, computers are magical, because they don't have a clue as to how they actually work. And like magick, they know how to click on "File, Open..." and pick a filename, but don't have any clue of the options that can be passed to the programs, nor how the programs, themselves, actually work. I've seen this play out in many Sci-Fi scenarios.

It is also curious that the carbon/Wizardry and silicon/Computerdry systems seem to run parallel at the atomic level, with one difference that was pointed out on ConsciousHugs by daniel--the carbon column of elements (p. 132 in Nothing But Motion) tend to be pro-life, whereas the silicon column of elements tend to be "exterminating" (all your cleaners and antibiotics are there). That may explain why life entropy seems to be increasing at a rate proportional to computer distribution.

I grew up learning the "base code" (microcode) of computers as they evolved. Perhaps I can use this parallel to reconstruct the base coding of magick.
Keeper of the Troth of Ásgarðr, Moriar prius quam dedecorer.

Andrew
Cellarius
Cellarius

Re: Hex Education -- An Analysis of Magick

Post by Andrew » Thu Jul 07, 2016 5:02 pm

Sacred root languages... reminded me of what I read in the Ra Material about Hebrew and Sanskrit being the closest to what has "power before time and space and represent[s] configurations of light which built all that there is." http://www.lawofone.info/results.php?q=sanskrit

I found that the the sixth chakra is also known in Sanskrit as Ajna, which means “command,” or “summoning.” An incantation is a command. You enter a command into a computer for it to execute (I guess the script it would execute is from the driver, huh?) And you've already said the pineal gland is the hardware to doing Tier 2 magick, which makes sense. The sixth chakra is the unity chakra, the symbol: a flower with two petals representing the sun and moon; being and non-being/manifested and unmanifested/local and non-local; space and time. It certainly has the qualities to carry out a linking function to the cosmic sector. But going back to the basic sensory aspect of it, seeing, I learned something.
Trauma based in cellular memory of eyes (witnessed tragedy or other hardship, either in this life, passed on genetically, or energetically taken from other persons, places, or times, trauma not released from eyes’ cellular memory creates subconscious programs and emotions that energetically block Third Eye Chakra)
I never thought of trauma being stored in an organ without their being physical trauma done to it. Emotional trauma from any such event I relegated to thinking the heart was in charge of processing it to a resolution so as to relieve it from the "batch queue." This helps one to go from the mindset of "seeing is believing" to "believing is seeing." There's more personal control implied in the latter, not just waiting around for life to happen to you. Going by what is called kundalini rising, seeing the eyes so personally, and everything they have seen, since it has its own memory, would stop creating new subconscious programs and emotions that would block the third eye chakra, opening the energy up to the 7th Chakra - the chakra of an energetic "receiving set that can be attuned to receive communications from the universal storehouse of Infinite Intelligence," as Napoleon Hill put it. Sounds like the entryway to a certain ancient archive. :D
"Classical historians traditionally dismiss tales of magic as unworthy of scholarly attention, but to us any mention of a witch's broomstick or wizard's wand evokes the smell of a scientist's laboratory." The Sphinx and the Megaliths

Spaceman
Indagator
Indagator

Post by Spaceman » Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:25 pm

Lonebear wrote:With this understanding, one of the things we will be able to do with the Monastery for the Sanctuary project is to research and document a new Alchemy--one where people graduate as wizards, with full access to the cosmic sector.
This reminds me of a line of thought I was following the other day while I was perusing Quadrivium from Wooden Books. The quadrivium for those who don’t know are the classical liberal arts of arithmetic, geometry, music, and astronomy/cosmology. The “subjects” are understood to be number, number in space, number in time, and number in space and time respectively, which with a little RS knowledge should raise an eyebrow or two. When I got to the cosmology section I noticed that the symbols were the same ones utilized in alchemy to describe the planets and metals. This reminded me that not only were the subjects understood in the more mundane sense but also as their magical corollaries numerology, sacred geometry, sacred music, and astrology. Recognizing this really highlighted what appears to have been a rather unified understanding, or at least approach to knowledge of the universe and man’s place in it.
Lonebear wrote:We know that space alters time and time alters space, so the ritual symbols and structures are quite important as arguments to the program when it is executed. For example, to run a payroll report on a computer requires access to the employee list, their salaries and the bank information to create checks. If any of these parameters are missing, then the program will execute--but no checks get printed. Execute a magical operation without the proper parameters and not much will happen.

The list of programs and parameters are those documented in old records, such as the Book of Shadows, Grimoires and other ritual/ceremonial magic texts. Just like in computers, I'm sure there is a convention (or pattern) to passing these parameters and optional arguments to the magick programming, which defines how to structure the environment for the desired effects...

...I grew up learning the "base code" (microcode) of computers as they evolved. Perhaps I can use this parallel to reconstruct the base coding of magick.
I might be misunderstanding what you mean by the symbols and objects, but I’m thinking of the classic dramatized image of a magical ritual with some geometry inscribed in a circle drawn on the floor and whatever other “accouterments”. If the quadrivium forms a major part of the foundation of knowledge (base code?) for these magical systems as I suspect it does I would expect the “convention” to be imbedded in these understandings. Number with numerology giving meaning. The numerical relations translate through geometry, music, and cosmology while retaining the meaning throughout these “coincidences”. The meaningful relations of space and time are then formally symbolized (not numbers or geometries) to expedite their use. It has recently come to my attention that the classical elements are also intertwined with the larger body of knowledge I’ve been going on about here. I’m not well versed in grimoires or any other magical texts for that matter, but all of this stuff is the bread and butter of magic as you find it in fantasy depictions. If these concepts are as intimately connected with real magical practice as they are in fantasy books and games it seems there would be plenty of information “ which defines how to structure the environment for the desired effects.”

As an aside I also find it interesting that the same time period (the end of the renaissance) physics took a major turn for the worse following the works of Isaac Newton we also find a decline in the prevalence of the quadrivium. If you haven’t already I highly recommend watching Gopi’s presentation Physics History: Where Things Went Wrong. http://reciprocalsystem.org/video/physics-history
"To resist the influence of others, knowledge of ones self is most important." Teal'c

LoneBear
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Post by LoneBear » Fri Jul 08, 2016 11:03 am

Spaceman wrote:I might be misunderstanding what you mean by the symbols and objects, but I’m thinking of the classic dramatized image of a magical ritual with some geometry inscribed in a circle drawn on the floor and whatever other “accouterments”.
That is correct. These geometric patterns, chalices, stones, knives, etc that are used for magical purposes are analogous to a "function library" in computers, which are subroutines designed for general use in larger programs, to make designs simpler. For example, a "log in" function is common to millions of sites on the Internet to access resources, so in magick, you would have something like a drop of blood (your username) into a chalice (the form to fill in) in a pentagram drawn on the floor (the website). These symbols/actions correspond to computer variables/functions.
Spaceman wrote:If the quadrivium forms a major part of the foundation of knowledge (base code?) for these magical systems as I suspect it does I would expect the “convention” to be imbedded in these understandings.
I am familiar with the quadrivium and would classify it as a "high level language" for magick, like Java or C. It is a symbolic representation for base code functions. Base codes are usually written in hexadecimal or octal notation, where the bits of the "opcode" correspond to specific hardware functions. (Back in the 1970s, that is how you programmed many computers--with switches that deposited these opcodes into memory locations.)

This is one of the first PCs... switches and lights!
Spaceman wrote:It has recently come to my attention that the classical elements are also intertwined with the larger body of knowledge I’ve been going on about here.
It is interesting that the base code of the Universe was actually revealed by Daniel Jackson on the Stargate SG-1 episode, "Torment of Tantalus." It is too bad the authors did not have the insight to fix the symbolic representation, as well.

Andrew
Cellarius
Cellarius

Post by Andrew » Fri Jul 15, 2016 1:02 pm

Is there a link to what the symbolic representation should look like?
"Classical historians traditionally dismiss tales of magic as unworthy of scholarly attention, but to us any mention of a witch's broomstick or wizard's wand evokes the smell of a scientist's laboratory." The Sphinx and the Megaliths

LoneBear
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Post by LoneBear » Fri Jul 15, 2016 3:38 pm

Andrew wrote:Is there a link to what the symbolic representation should look like?
Yes. It is in this reference: http://library.antiquatis.org/nbm

Andrew
Cellarius
Cellarius

Post by Andrew » Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:05 pm

I suppose this is better than a picture.

LoneBear
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Post by LoneBear » Sat Jul 16, 2016 8:52 am

Andrew wrote:I suppose this is better than a picture.
If one wants to understand the basic elements of communication, then one must understand the basic "elements" of the Universe. Most people look at an alchemical picture and all they comprehend is, "that's really weird" because they do not have a clue as to what the people, plants, stones and symbols mean--let alone the purpose of their particular placement.

At the very basis of ALL systems, physical, non-physical and metaphysical, we have just two principles: yin (angular, feminine) and yang (linear, masculine). The yin aspect defines properties (structure), whereas the yang defines organization (locations). Magick is used to change things--and you can't change something if you don't have a clue on how it was put together, first.

If you want to alter the properties of an object, such as transmute silver to gold, then you need to understand the yin aspect of the object, since the rotating systems define the internal properties of all particles, atoms and molecules.

If you want to shoot bolts of lightning from your wand, or throw an object across the room with telekinesis, then you need to understand the yang aspect, because you are changing its locations--reorganizing the room, so to speak.

The Powers That Be have done a really clever job of hiding magick in plain sight--physics and chemistry define how the material, spatial side of things are put together, so we can take them apart and alter their properties. The cosmic, temporal side of forms the basis of magick--and it works by the same atomic and chemical rules, though appearing inverted (reciprocal). Alchemy = 1/Chemistry.

So, make physics and chemistry "yucky" and people will avoid learning even the simplest rules--and by natural consequence, never learn the rules to alchemy and magick.

Andrew
Cellarius
Cellarius

Post by Andrew » Sun Jul 17, 2016 7:01 pm

At the very basis of ALL systems, physical, non-physical and metaphysical, we have just two principles: yin (angular, feminine) and yang (linear, masculine).
Is the metaphysical associated with yin properties only or the amalgamation of yin and yang? I thought Larson associated the metaphysical with the sector 3 control unit in Beyond Space and Time. I could be wrong. Whenever I type in metaphysical -ailment I can usually find some sort of emotional/spiritual blockage causing the distortion in the body.

LoneBear
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Post by LoneBear » Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:36 am

Andrew wrote:Is the metaphysical associated with yin properties only or the amalgamation of yin and yang?
The basic doctrine of yin-yang states that yin and yang are inseparable; you cannot have one without the other. In the RS, Larson calls this his "2 units of motion," speed (0-1, yang) and energy (1-infinity, yin).
Andrew wrote:I thought Larson associated the metaphysical with the sector 3 control unit in Beyond Space and Time. I could be wrong. Whenever I type in metaphysical -ailment I can usually find some sort of emotional/spiritual blockage causing the distortion in the body.
Larson considers the material AND cosmic sectors to be "physical" (body and soul), so sector 3 is meta-physical, "beyond" the physical. The New Age considers the cosmic sector to be metaphysical, so there is confusion of terms.

Emotions (feelings) are tied to the biological life unit in the cosmic sector, so a structural problem in time (cosmic) results in an emotional injury in space (material). This is where all the "blockages" occur. I do not think it is possible to have a "spiritual blockage" due to the non-physical nature, but it is certainly possible to "block the spiritual" from the biological organism.

tymeflyz
Discens
Discens

Post by tymeflyz » Mon Jul 18, 2016 1:25 pm

LB Thank you - for the excellent examples!

basic elements of communication,
two principles: yin (angular, feminine) and yang (linear, masculine)
is it a coincidence the similarity of in the sound of vowels used to define these properties or the fact inseparable of dual nature that is contained within?
I was trying to create a simple reminder of these explained properties when i noticed = it in reverse or backwards is that mirrored in reverse?

yin - i= [ linear ],
yag - a= [angular ] as unity of parts?

So I'm searching for-sound of symbols [is this different?] than symbols of sound.

and further- this recent post - Holons and Hierarchies
viewtopic.php?f=27&p=14173&sid=5ee9d202 ... 02c#p14173

For example, can you ship me a box of 45 miles-per-hour?
when it says 45 mph, you don't end up with 45 "miles" in a box in the trunk in one hour.
very amusing and very illuminating .
Too both the absurdity and lack of continuity of the method[s] and theories we have been exposed to, or not as the case may be or maybe.

sound of symbols is different than symbols of sound.

The English words = If this distinction is harder than it should be, read this lesson and then try again.

elements of communication as the written word [english]
so expressive , yet easily deceptive in both execution and then interpretation.
two or too cumbersome and inefficient for analysis of complex thoughts and expression make learning thru written english a side effect or side affect of language .
imho-symbols on the other hand seem to carry or express a rather non- interpretive character, but like a map require a legend for accurate measurement.

And this of course leads or lead [like led-zeppelin] me right or rite or write back to music and as the language of the soul .
I had the idea of sound = ear, = vibration = tactile , symbol =visual combined to demon-strate a more efficient method of learning and communication[s]
Of course [hmm..course as in college or collage ] again the intention and sincerity of the writer will impact the message or idea[s] conveyed. .

I'm in search of the sound of symbols and symbols of sound.

p.s. I apologize if this appears convoluted that was definitely NOT my intention .

Kent
Indagator
Indagator

Post by Kent » Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:07 am

LoneBear wrote:
animus wrote:Also, you seem to have more hours of the day than others do :)
Technically, I have "more hours of the night than others do." I come up with most of this stuff when my body is asleep, so I get an extra 8 hours to consider new ideas.

Short explanation, in case others wish to utilize the technique: normally, when people go to sleep, they are entering their personal "Matrix," which I refer to as my holodeck. To their consciousness, it looks like the real world so consciousness just "plays the game" and natural processes create a landscape to express either physiological problems or repressed psychological content, in hopes that consciousness can come to some resolution and healing. You have to remember that the psyche WANTS to be healthy--but exists in an extremely unhealthy environment--so it is a challenge.

Occasionally, like on most Star Trek "holodeck episodes," something glitches in the holodeck program--and it catches your attention. This is where curiosity comes in... if you aren't curious, then you will just ignore the glitch and get on with whatever neurotic system the dream is dealing with. But if you do have it, you'll do a "G'kar talking about Sigma 957 with the ant"... and go, "WHAT WAS THAT ?!?" and an anomaly will be remembered in your consciousness... and consciousness doesn't like anomalies, so it will try to resolve it by looking for more "pieces to the puzzle." This will eventually lead to consciousness growing in the dream state to solve the problem.

Then you hit that "internal honesty" and realize that the dreamscape is just YOU and ONLY YOU (people love to externalize the dreamscape, so it ISN'T them--that way what dreams reveal "isn't their problem"). But if you do realize that everything in a dream is you, then you also realize that you can develop the mental discipline to control what you dream. In other words, you learn to write your own Matrix stories.

And that opens your mind to new possibilities--you can create anything, which will manifest as an internal reality. Your dream holodeck has a lot of pre-programmed features provided by Nature, so you don't have to create every thought or movement of the landscape and characters--there are already "natural law" programs to do that. Which is really nice--because if you try to do something that does not conform to natural law--the program crashes. This is actually how I developed RS2--Larson got a lot of principles correct in his RS, but some of them did not work on the holodeck. RS2 are the corrections to the RS that make the Matrix programs run smoothly.

After you develop these conscious skills, when you go to sleep it is much like going to experiment in your own, private, super-high-tech lab where you can do virtually anything--and get feedback from Nature (natural law) to see what is actually viable.
I'm curious; how does this play out from your perspective? Would you consider this to be Lucid Dreaming? In that I mean, when you are within your 'holodeck' while your body is asleep do you have the same mental faculties, awareness, and reasoning potential as you do during the day (what we would normally refer to 'full waking consciousness')?

This is something I'm eager to try and I'm attempting to determine the best way to gain access to my 'holodeck'. I'm imagining that techniques similar to the ones used to achieve lucid dreaming states might work.

LoneBear
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Post by LoneBear » Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:53 am

tymeflyz wrote:I was trying to create a simple reminder of these explained properties when i noticed = it in reverse or backwards is that mirrored in reverse?

yin - i= [ linear ],
yag - a= [angular ] as unity of parts?
The memory mnemonic I used in the past was that the vowel "i" in yin was the "imaginary unit" for rotation. That made the "a," the first letter of the alphabet, being the "real," linear component--just like the first element of a rotational vector is always real. <a, i, i, i...>

The yin-yang also form a direction. For example, in music the yin would be a chord, since they all play at once when you are reading across the staff, the notes all start and end at the same location. The yang would be the series of chords running across the staff that makes the song. (Keely used chords to represent atoms, which are rotations or angular velocities. You can see a bit of the correspondence with this line of thinking.)
tymeflyz wrote:imho-symbols on the other hand seem to carry or express a rather non- interpretive character, but like a map require a legend for accurate measurement.
That is why math got to be so popular in science and why alchemy survived for so long.
tymeflyz wrote:I'm in search of the sound of symbols and symbols of sound.
If we take a lesson from Prof. Nehru's birotation concept, sound is a strain shear from two rotations. That would seem to indicate that the "sound of symbols" originates from how two symbols interact with each other, just like two, opposite rotations produce a wave.

The "symbols of sound" would be to reverse engineer that concept. Right now, we associate sounds with a single symbol, like a letter. By treating it as shear, each sound would then have both a yin and yang component, a ratio, that produced it. To discover that ratio would be the true symbol of the sound.

LoneBear
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Post by LoneBear » Wed Jul 20, 2016 10:29 am

Kent wrote:I'm curious; how does this play out from your perspective? Would you consider this to be Lucid Dreaming? In that I mean, when you are within your 'holodeck' while your body is asleep do you have the same mental faculties, awareness, and reasoning potential as you do during the day (what we would normally refer to 'full waking consciousness')?
It is not lucid dreaming. I used to have those when I was a child, and this is very different from that "Oh, I'm dreaming..." experience.

When I enter the dream holodeck, I feel and experience exactly as I do when awake, except that I know that I am in a "simulation" and have total control over the environment. There are a couple of differences. The big one is memory... what I remember in my dream state is other dreams--not waking memory. There is some access to waking memory, where you remember bits and pieces of being awake, very dream-like, except it is flipped around. But when you try to access those memories from the holodeck, it is just like trying to remember a dream. Sometimes, it just doesn't make any sense!

The other thing I've noticed is, because of this duality of memory, is that you have to take a mental "notebook" with you when you go to sleep, so you can remind yourself of what you wanted to accomplish, when in the holodeck. You can't put much on it, nor much detail--just enough to trigger recall, much like jotting down notes in a pad when you wake, concerning a dream. If you have the notes, you can recall a whole lot more of the dream experience. No notes, you're lucky to remember anything.

What I do is to focus on the problem or situation that I am trying to understand as I am dozing off. Then my body goes to sleep and I wake up in the holodeck, still thinking about it, so I can then carry on with the research.

And there are no disturbances in the holodeck--so you can think a hundred times faster than waking life. Real life has constant disturbances, so it is hard to maintain focus.
Kent wrote:This is something I'm eager to try and I'm attempting to determine the best way to gain access to my 'holodeck'. I'm imagining that techniques similar to the ones used to achieve lucid dreaming states might work.
For me, it started with the sequence of events documented in my personal forum (which members get access to after they have made 25 posts) concerning the "shared unity corridor," (a reference from Farscape) where "waking me" met "sleeping me" and we became one consciousness.

Andrew
Cellarius
Cellarius

Post by Andrew » Wed Jul 20, 2016 2:11 pm

At the very basis of ALL systems, physical, non-physical and metaphysical, we have just two principles: yin (angular, feminine) and yang (linear, masculine). The yin aspect defines properties (structure), whereas the yang defines organization (locations). Magick is used to change things--and you can't change something if you don't have a clue on how it was put together, first.

If you want to alter the properties of an object, such as transmute silver to gold, then you need to understand the yin aspect of the object, since the rotating systems define the internal properties of all particles, atoms and molecules.
I'm a student of a Harry Potter website that features professor-made courses, lessons, progression through the years, and everything. It's actually quite terrific. Even though there's no reference to RS anywhere, if you get past the HP-required flavor of some of the coursework, there are some interesting concepts in their alchemy and transfiguration courses, for example, that ring true.

In Alice in Wonderland, the Mad Hatter asked, "Why is a raven like a writing desk?"

Well, in TNFG-101, you had a sewing needle in front of you, for example, and the objective was to transfigure it into a clock. You started your work by identifying seven different properties of the object at hand. You would identify its purpose, essence, and anything you could ascertain from each of your five senses. How it looks, sounds, feels to touch, smells, and tastes (though it would be unwise to go against common sense and actually taste a brick, for instance. It is necessary to at least describe what it might taste like from an imaginary sense. E.g. bitter.) Doing this with every sense allows the mind to hold a pretty good holistic image of it. Identifying its purpose addresses its use and why it exists in time or why it survives. A sewing needle pulls thread through cloth. An object's essence is what makes that thing what it is apart from others. What kind is it? A sharp point needle is used for fine fabrics to avoid any damage caused by the needle. A ball point needle on the other hand have rounder points that would make them suitable for stretch and knit fabrics.

You would repeat the process with your objective: a clock. What's its purpose? What kind is it? (A grandfather clock?) And then list its sensual properties. After this, one should then have sufficient (holographic?) information in their minds about both items' properties to cast an incantation while concentrating on everything the subject is changing into. Theoretically, according to them, the more the two items are similar, the less difficult the transfiguration should be with respect to multiple variables, such as wand power, concentration (an insufficient amount may lead to the transfigured item having properties of both items. e.g. a big, brown needle with a pendulum in the eye) or resistance (like the life-force of an animal in an animate-to-inanimate transfiguration,) among other differences.

Going through the process, one should be able to identify why a raven is like a writing desk. Universal connectedness, and mutability.

So let's RS2 this! The process does get to the depth of an object and its qualitative properties. This is the most reasonable way to determining what something is. I couldn't imagine having to do magick at a quantitative level with rotations.

Kent
Indagator
Indagator

Post by Kent » Wed Jul 20, 2016 2:51 pm

Kent wrote:This is something I'm eager to try and I'm attempting to determine the best way to gain access to my 'holodeck'. I'm imagining that techniques similar to the ones used to achieve lucid dreaming states might work.
LoneBear wrote:For me, it started with the sequence of events documented in my personal forum (which members get access to after they have made 25 posts) concerning the "shared unity corridor," (a reference from Farscape) where "waking me" met "sleeping me" and we became one consciousness.
Well, I'll certainly try to contribute to the forum more regularly then! I'm enjoying my time here, but gaining access to your personal forum is an impetus to speed up my contributions. Thanks for taking the time.

animus
Centurio
Centurio

Post by animus » Thu Jul 21, 2016 12:42 am

LoneBear wrote:what I remember in my dream state is other dreams
[...]
The other thing I've noticed is, because of this duality of memory, is that you have to take a mental "notebook" with you when you go to sleep, so you can remind yourself of what you wanted to accomplish, when in the holodeck.
I don't think you need a working holodeck for this. I never go to sleep with a specific goal but last year I did on one occasion. I wanted to see if I can spin the psi-wheel better in my dream state than in my waking state. (I tried it several times last year while awake and even succeded to spin it with pure concentration once like this guy, though I did get better and more results when holding one or two hands nearby, meaning faster spinning and more revolutions.) So I went to sleep with the thought that I would try it out that night. First time was an immediate success, meaning I remembered at one point in my dream that I wanted to try it out. So my mental note reached my subconscious. Suddenly I had a piece of paper in my hand, so I went to the table nearby. But I think I was getting too conscious at that point because I woke up while setting up my psi-wheel and before I even had the chance to try it out.
Two nights later I remembered this very situation in my dream as normal memory, even that it was the day before yesterday. So again, it's possible with normal dreams as well. But with your holodeck you probably have this experience on a nightly basis.
Andrew wrote: I'm a student of a Harry Potter website that features professor-made courses, lessons, progression through the years, and everything.
Do you have a link for this website?

Andrew
Cellarius
Cellarius

Post by Andrew » Thu Jul 21, 2016 5:29 pm

Yes. Hogwarts is Here is currently being revamped. Although the classes have been reinstituted, other features have not been. It used to feature a live chat in the Great Hall for everyone, separate dormitories for each House, owl messaging, and more. There's also a library, but it hasn't been implemented yet. Ask for the link on the dashboard if you want to check it out. There's usually always a moderator on. Many of the first-year courses have separate textbooks to go along with the classwork. Each year has 9 weeks of courses. They finished Year 4 before the summer, and will go up to Year 7. They tend to begin each year around the same time as in the books, the beginning of September. Most of the homework is multiple choice until you get to year 3 when it becomes more essay-oriented. I lament the astronomy course having read the daniel papers, but it is an essential study for understanding natural law and magick from a greater perspective. The heavens are wonderful to behold and even more delightful to comprehend.

Oh goodness! The library includes a copy of Magical Theory, which I found to be a very good read when I was a first year, but the staff said pixies stole it last year and it was lost. Yay!
Dear Reader—

If you come from a magical household, you may be familiar with “The Tale of the Odds-and-
Endsman.” The Odds-and-Endsman handles all of the most menial tasks of the village: connecting
handles to cauldrons, replacing the lens of telescopes, and removing rust from the chain that
restrained the village dragon. The villagers decide that this man’s contribution to their village is entirely
too small, and end up feeding him to the dragon for his “laziness.” Rapidly, the town falls into disarray.
Potions won’t brew properly, spells don’t have the same effect, and the village animals run amok.
Finally, the dragon’s chain breaks and no one knows how to repair them. The entire village is
obliterated and everyone dies due to their under appreciation of the Odds-and-Endsman. Of course,
this tale has numerous moral applications, but rather than delve too deep, I would like to compare the
Odds-and-Endsman to this particular textbook.

LoneBear
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Post by LoneBear » Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:41 am

Andrew wrote:Oh goodness! The library includes a copy of Magical Theory, which I found to be a very good read when I was a first year, but the staff said pixies stole it last year and it was lost. Yay!
Wow, I am totally amazed at the enormous amount of work and effort put into these books--to create total fiction, particularly when the real thing is still available for study.

I'm puzzled... why do Harry Potter fans have to manufacture a virtual magic system, when they could actually study real magick and change their lives for the better? It doesn't make any sense to me.

Andrew
Cellarius
Cellarius

Post by Andrew » Fri Jul 22, 2016 12:45 pm

Lol, I feel you. Many children join the site out of a desire to want to be at Hogwarts, which is understandable. The consequences of understanding RS2 is that everything everyone has ever been taught is wrong, including teachers and parents. I often project myself with what I know now into my high school days, and I just see rebellion. History class would not have been the same. I would have been "disruptive." Economics? Please. It would just turn into a rant about the Federal Reserve, fiat currency, and the cabal, and then I would be disciplined, not go anymore, and be jailed probably for not going. I would say the same about physics and astronomy, but I'm still pushing myself through the Universe of Motion, because sometimes I end up with a swollen head wishing I had learned it in school where I had devoted so much time learning about the world.

While its better to learn this and see magick as an objective rather than a fantasy, there is so much pressure and resistance to it in every facet of a young person's life. State education is one thing, but then you have the pressure from the parents to conform and respect authority. That is the biggest religion in consciousness there is - the belief in government and authority. Government is mind control, and they know that a child would rather accept what their parents say as truth than face tribal pressure.

The majority of the students on that website are children, not all of them, and I'm sure some of the professors have a grasp of power of consciousness and manifestation, but not RS2. They have to keep it innocent sadly. I listened to an interview with the founder, and he had to talk to Warner Brother executives on multiple occasions for a variety of legal reasons to keep the site up. Big, hairy wigs to deal with.

Heck, the only way I got here was through a geoengineering post I saw somewhere that linked me to daniel's work. I don't even recall seeing a chemtrail when I was in high school, and I bet if I did and asked about it, 10 out of 10 people would say its a contrail, and that would be the end of it. Most adults can hardly realize grand conspiracy, nevermind "innocent" teenagers. The cognitive dissonance is too great.

LoneBear
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Post by LoneBear » Sat Jul 23, 2016 9:48 am

Andrew wrote:Lol, I feel you. Many children join the site out of a desire to want to be at Hogwarts, which is understandable.
But what is causing that desire, that is being redirected into fantasy?
Andrew wrote:I'm still pushing myself through the Universe of Motion, because sometimes I end up with a swollen head wishing I had learned it in school where I had devoted so much time learning about the world.
If you keep pushing, you'll do a "dark night of the soul," then when you come out of it, you'll find learning is a breeze, again, and something you enjoy.

Just don't treat Larson as the "ultimate answer" -- he made a good first draft, and did not get everything right. RS2 is the second draft. There's a lot to this universe we have yet to figure out. For example, Larson derived is astronomy by determining stellar combustion based on atomic fission. Good start--but then he did not continue to follow that path, and jumped to quasars, pulsars and galaxies, and started reverse-engineering from the top, down. Because of this, he missed a whole range of stellar bodies, the "mini stars" we refer to as gas giants. So there is still a lot more to be learned.
Andrew wrote:The majority of the students on that website are children, not all of them, and I'm sure some of the professors have a grasp of power of consciousness and manifestation, but not RS2. They have to keep it innocent sadly. I listened to an interview with the founder, and he had to talk to Warner Brother executives on multiple occasions for a variety of legal reasons to keep the site up. Big, hairy wigs to deal with.
With what you've learned here and on ConsciousHugs, perhaps you should write your own book on magick in the Harry Potter theme--just your knowledge of the soul being in 3D time and the origin of psychic ability would really stimulate their imaginations, because it is closer to reality.

For example, you could clearly define the horcrux as a chunk of "antimatter" that is part of the 3D, temporal soul, and the object it is bound to being a containment vessel with sufficient magnetic properties to contain that structure. And why it is so hard to release it from an object--because it is in 3D time, not in 3D space, so spatial assault does not do anything. And since the relation of time-to-time does not constitute "motion," any object that can destroy a horcrux must also have a bit of a soul embedded in it, like a bit of Godric Gryffindor's soul in his sword--not as a horcrux, but like a Keris.

That connects real-world concepts (Sword being a Keris) with physical structure, using the Harry Potter fantasy world as a tool of communication. Kids that are interested might get curious about what a Keris actually is, and send them on a journey of exploration.

Andrew
Cellarius
Cellarius

Post by Andrew » Wed Jul 27, 2016 6:56 pm

LoneBear wrote:
Andrew wrote:Nature's laws are unconscious. It is 100% objective and is the only real authority in all existence.
"Natural law" is stateless because it is an observation on the way things behave. The understanding of natural law by humans may be unconscious.
Andrew wrote:I don't grasp what you mean by stateless. Natural laws can be observed and understood consciously. The truth can be known.

I think I understand now what you meant now. We can state things because we are conscious. Natural law does not possess any degree of consciousness, because it has no psychology, nor is it a life unit.

Was there ever a real Mana potion to give one a temporary pool of Qi/intelligent energy they could then consciously expend through magical feats? But then that wouldn't be capable of Tier 2 magic now would it? It certainly wouldn't be drinkable Shen/Conscious energy as that sounds rather vampiric, like a soul-drinker.

Ilkka
Atriensis
Atriensis

Post by Ilkka » Thu Jul 28, 2016 5:31 am

Andrew wrote:Was there ever a real Mana potion to give one a temporary pool of Qi/intelligent energy they could then consciously expend through magical feats? But then that wouldn't be capable of Tier 2 magic now would it? It certainly wouldn't be drinkable Shen/Conscious energy as that sounds rather vampiric, like a soul-drinker.
If you think that intelligent life energy exists in every living thing then blood must contain it, it is mostly Jing though. Chi is at lightspeed/unit-speed boundary. Shen is over that boundary, so there is no matter to consume. Chi could be harnessed for a limited time period. It was discussed that water bubbled with Browns gas would contain bioenergy. You can sense that air after lightning storm is more better this is because of Chi that was created by lightning. Water molecules in the air as vapor will get more bioenergy because of this. I was thinking of buying Browns Gas generator myself but I can't think of any usage for it, not for now at least.

So I think that there could be a "real" mana potion to have temporary boost in energy mainly Chi/Qi, just need to bubble some water with freshly made Browns Gas. There might be (are/will be) other means to get "Chi into bottle". Probably the less costly way would be to just get some fresh spring water from source or other natural place etc.

Soul drinker would be quite likely an entity on the cosmic side that literally consumes souls as a food source much like we eat other living things, plants, animals etc. We only eat something thats living or recently deceased things, apart from MREs and canned food of course.

The saying "You are what you eat" is quite correct if you think that we all consist of energy, we need energy in order to move through energy.
Enjoy the Silence

Andrew
Cellarius
Cellarius

Post by Andrew » Mon Aug 01, 2016 6:37 pm

LoneBear wrote:
Andrew wrote:Lol, I feel you. Many children join the site out of a desire to want to be at Hogwarts, which is understandable.
But what is causing that desire, that is being redirected into fantasy?
Andrew wrote:I'm still pushing myself through the Universe of Motion, because sometimes I end up with a swollen head wishing I had learned it in school where I had devoted so much time learning about the world.
If you keep pushing, you'll do a "dark night of the soul," then when you come out of it, you'll find learning is a breeze, again, and something you enjoy.

Just don't treat Larson as the "ultimate answer" -- he made a good first draft, and did not get everything right. RS2 is the second draft. There's a lot to this universe we have yet to figure out. For example, Larson derived is astronomy by determining stellar combustion based on atomic fission. Good start--but then he did not continue to follow that path, and jumped to quasars, pulsars and galaxies, and started reverse-engineering from the top, down. Because of this, he missed a whole range of stellar bodies, the "mini stars" we refer to as gas giants. So there is still a lot more to be learned.
Andrew wrote:The majority of the students on that website are children, not all of them, and I'm sure some of the professors have a grasp of power of consciousness and manifestation, but not RS2. They have to keep it innocent sadly. I listened to an interview with the founder, and he had to talk to Warner Brother executives on multiple occasions for a variety of legal reasons to keep the site up. Big, hairy wigs to deal with.
With what you've learned here and on ConsciousHugs, perhaps you should write your own book on magick in the Harry Potter theme--just your knowledge of the soul being in 3D time and the origin of psychic ability would really stimulate their imaginations, because it is closer to reality.

For example, you could clearly define the horcrux as a chunk of "antimatter" that is part of the 3D, temporal soul, and the object it is bound to being a containment vessel with sufficient magnetic properties to contain that structure. And why it is so hard to release it from an object--because it is in 3D time, not in 3D space, so spatial assault does not do anything. And since the relation of time-to-time does not constitute "motion," any object that can destroy a horcrux must also have a bit of a soul embedded in it, like a bit of Godric Gryffindor's soul in his sword--not as a horcrux, but like a Keris.

That connects real-world concepts (Sword being a Keris) with physical structure, using the Harry Potter fantasy world as a tool of communication. Kids that are interested might get curious about what a Keris actually is, and send them on a journey of exploration.
That is really fascinating, and I'll be sure to write a book explaining HP concepts using RS. I only just finished the gravitation chapter, but I'm already starting to apply reciprocity as a general key to solving any problem I can think of. I would like to have a better understanding of the system before I teach it, naturally. I haven't gotten to the part on magnetism yet and why you refer to its effects as magic-netic. Only when I know it can I use it to create with it, and I figured I ought to read Larson before I go to RS2 to see what has been corrected.

Your horcrux example, for instance, when you speak that time-to-time does not constitute motion, I picture the concept that space is a reference system of location and time fills that space. Time is actual structure we see, the particles, the stuff. And when you swing a pickaxe at a piece of ore, it stops when they collide because time(structure=pickaxe)-to-time(structure=ore) isn't motion, but the structure with the highest density survives intact while the other breaks in some way. So when destroying a horcrux, the weapon must have some sort of antimatter/soul-property bound to it magnetically to collide with the antimatter of the horcrux and break it. The more dense the soul properties of the weapon, the more damage it does in 3D time. That sounds about right..

Can I pick your brain at how one could create more space in a tent or a car? Wizard space in a bag I can think of as just putting objects in the cosmic sector, and you have to feel them out energetically rather than spatially. Sort of like how the Room of Requirement only appears when you need a certain place, you would find the object you need in Wizard space if you placed it in there and then intuit "where it is" and retrieve it. Walking into a space that looks 5x10' on the outside and becomes 50x100' on the inside is beyond anything I can comprehend at this time.

Ilkka
Atriensis
Atriensis

Post by Ilkka » Tue Aug 02, 2016 6:47 am

Andrew wrote:Can I pick your brain at how one could create more space in a tent or a car? Wizard space in a bag I can think of as just putting objects in the cosmic sector, and you have to feel them out energetically rather than spatially. Sort of like how the Room of Requirement only appears when you need a certain place, you would find the object you need in Wizard space if you placed it in there and then intuit "where it is" and retrieve it. Walking into a space that looks 5x10' on the outside and becomes 50x100' on the inside is beyond anything I can comprehend at this time.
Artificial objects cannot survive the "trip" intact. Living objects/matter will. Man made objects would be scattered in cosmic time, I would imagine they are just "blown to bits". Maybe "Keris" or similar "possessed" object would survive, not entirely sure, so I leave that for LB to answer since he has more info on that area than I.
Still I maybe correct when I imagine that sort of thing, we as living matter consist of inanimate matter when having to count every single atom etc. bound by the living side of the other realm, when the link is severed the animate matter turns into inanimate matter, eventually, but before that all maggots etc. would have put the body into good use. If body is burned though then thats whats left Carbon, Hydrogen, Oxygen and so on less in quantities.

Had been thinking about the silver cord and stuff I once wrote in this forum about it having only streching so far into the history, but I dont think so now because of getting more info about the cosmic sector and having been pondering more about it.

What if one would have their silver cord all to themselves could this individual travel back in time before his/her birth? This just came to me now, gonna ponder it too.
Enjoy the Silence