Hex Education -- An Analysis of Magick

Forum for the sharing and discussion of various research projects going on.
LoneBear
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Re: Hex Education -- An Analysis of Magick

Post by LoneBear » Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:03 pm

sovert wrote:After being written though, some programs can still be executed almost instantly, particularly if they do most of the "work" in time, so it appears to take little or no clock time, right?
That is why we have things like Grimoires and Books of Shadows. Just "documentation" for the program input and output.
Keeper of the Troth of Ásgarðr, Moriar prius quam dedecorer.

Andrew
Cellarius
Cellarius

Post by Andrew » Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:16 pm

LoneBear wrote:
Andrew wrote:Your horcrux example, for instance, when you speak that time-to-time does not constitute motion, I picture the concept that space is a reference system of location and time fills that space. Time is actual structure we see, the particles, the stuff. And when you swing a pickaxe at a piece of ore, it stops when they collide because time(structure=pickaxe)-to-time(structure=ore) isn't motion, but the structure with the highest density survives intact while the other breaks in some way. So when destroying a horcrux, the weapon must have some sort of antimatter/soul-property bound to it magnetically to collide with the antimatter of the horcrux and break it. The more dense the soul properties of the weapon, the more damage it does in 3D time. That sounds about right..
That is EXACTLY right.
Andrew wrote:Can I pick your brain at how one could create more space in a tent or a car? Wizard space in a bag I can think of as just putting objects in the cosmic sector, and you have to feel them out energetically rather than spatially. Sort of like how the Room of Requirement only appears when you need a certain place, you would find the object you need in Wizard space if you placed it in there and then intuit "where it is" and retrieve it. Walking into a space that looks 5x10' on the outside and becomes 50x100' on the inside is beyond anything I can comprehend at this time.
In my day, we called it a TARDIS (Time And Relative Dimensions In Space, Doctor Who).

The interior of such "spaces" are cosmic (3D time), because if you were to create more 3D space, it would be coincident with the existing region of 3D space and just be a regular room.

If you look at an atom, it has a location in space and a structure in time. Distances in space proceed from unity (1/1) outward to n/1, where n can reach to infinity. The reciprocal, 1/1 --> 1/n, indicates that the "temporal distances" within are also infinite. So what would need to be done to create a Wizard space is to create a quantum entanglement of the atoms of the "door" to such a place, such that the time regions of those atoms were adjacent in time, aligning the spatial plane of the door with the volume of time inside it. That interior room can be of any size, since the size within an atom is basically unlimited. (You need the aggregate form to pass an aggregate through--otherwise, your atoms would be disbursed across the universe on the other side, like being run through a sieve).

The "real world interface," the door, would be the unit boundary of the atoms and would not be passable to inanimate structures. Only an animate system (biological) that was balanced in body and soul--an alchemist--could make the transition by "rotating" across the door, moving from s/t (material) to t/s (cosmic). Rotation would be necessary as you would have to pass through equivalent space (yin space), into equivalent time (yin time) then into coordinate time--almost exactly like a Portkey in Harry Potter. (You could not open the door to walk through--that would be like a Stargate, connecting two regions of 3D space. You would touch the door and "spin" through it, like a Portkey.)
Quantum entanglement.. door interface between 3D space and 3D time.. if you touched the door, would the 3D equivalent space you enter be in the atom of the door? Would the door have horcrux properties, such as not being able to be destroyed by guns or bombs unless they had antimatter properties? Does the door/interface become a life unit upon quantum entanglement? ... Something just reminded me of TIM from the Tomorrow People, but I'm not sure what it means.

I can't remember if the TARDIS could be destroyed by man or not from the outside. I know the horcrux could not without the weapon having antimatter properties.
"Classical historians traditionally dismiss tales of magic as unworthy of scholarly attention, but to us any mention of a witch's broomstick or wizard's wand evokes the smell of a scientist's laboratory." The Sphinx and the Megaliths

LoneBear
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Post by LoneBear » Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:51 am

Andrew wrote:Quantum entanglement.. door interface between 3D space and 3D time.. if you touched the door, would the 3D equivalent space you enter be in the atom of the door?
What you need to remember with the Reciprocal System is the reciprocal relation:

space to time (s/t) or time to space (t/s) constitutes motion, so anything spatially displaced will pass through anything temporally displaced.

space to space (s/s) or time to time (t/t) is not motion, so it acts as a barrier to either reflect, repel or absorb the net displacement.

All material atoms (the ones we are familiar with) have a net, temporal displacement. Cosmic atoms, what the soul is made of, have a net, spatial displacement.

Electrons (s) are backwards in conventional physics, being cosmic in nature. Charged electrons are material (s x t/s = t). So electric current (uncharged) cannot pass through the soul, as space-to-space is not motion. Charged electrons (static electricity or radio waves) do pass through the soul, but not the body, since time-to-time is not motion. (That is how a microwave cooks food with radio waves.)

Something you have to keep clear in your mind is that material atoms exist at a location in 3D space, but have their structure (displacement) in 3D time. So one can say the body is a "structure in space" because it contains a volume determined by locations in 3D space, even though the actual "solid" part of the body is the temporal structure of the atoms composing it. Space is empty--time is solid. A bunch of solids arranged closely in space makes it appear as a spatial solid, even though it is not.

Normal atoms are temporal rotations, which means they do not move between locations in time--they remain at the same one. So you do not enter the atom, per se, because it is only a single location--you enter the realm of locations of the atoms of the door, 3D time or the cosmic sector.
Andrew wrote:Would the door have horcrux properties, such as not being able to be destroyed by guns or bombs unless they had antimatter properties? Does the door/interface become a life unit upon quantum entanglement? ... Something just reminded me of TIM from the Tomorrow People, but I'm not sure what it means.
If I were designing it, I would make the interface similar to the TARDIS, such that it exchanged the aspects of space and time upon crossing. The exterior of the TARDIS (or the door to the Room of Requirement) is in 3D space, with a structure in 3D time. Upon entering it, these aspects would invert--the interior in 3D time with a structure in 3D space. So entering the TARDIS or Room of Requirement would not associate with clock time--while you were inside, you were in clock space, so you could stay as long as you wanted without "time passing" on the outside. Just as long as you did not move the door.

Regarding TIM... since you are inquiring into things few people every consider, Nature is trying to help you out. I suspect that TIM is your symbol for the interface to the Archive of the Ancients. You should try talking with TIM in a meditation, and see what happens.
Andrew wrote:I can't remember if the TARDIS could be destroyed by man or not from the outside. I know the horcrux could not without the weapon having antimatter properties.
The TARDIS is equipped with a HADS (Hostile Action Displacement System). If the realtime envelope is attacked, it just jumps to a new location. In Harry Potter, that would be like grabbing a Port Key when you feel the pressure of an enemy's sword about to touch your skin. But yes, to destroy the TARDIS, one would have to attack its soul, not its body.

Andrew
Cellarius
Cellarius

Post by Andrew » Sun Jan 29, 2017 4:18 pm

Lonebear wrote:Electrons (s) are backwards in conventional physics, being cosmic in nature. Charged electrons are material (s x t/s = t). So electric current (uncharged) cannot pass through the soul, as space-to-space is not motion. Charged electrons (static electricity or radio waves) do pass through the soul, but not the body, since time-to-time is not motion. (That is how a microwave cooks food with radio waves.)
What about the "shadow" of the soul body, the aura? Is it comprised of cosmic atoms? That could be why magick and electronics do not mix. The spatial displacement of the aura around the material body freezes any nearby electric currents, since s/s is not motion.
"Classical historians traditionally dismiss tales of magic as unworthy of scholarly attention, but to us any mention of a witch's broomstick or wizard's wand evokes the smell of a scientist's laboratory." The Sphinx and the Megaliths

LoneBear
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Post by LoneBear » Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:18 pm

Andrew wrote:What about the "shadow" of the soul body, the aura? Is it comprised of cosmic atoms? That could be why magick and electronics do not mix. The spatial displacement of the aura around the material body freezes any nearby electric currents, since s/s is not motion.
The aura is the nonlocal aspect of the cosmic body (soul); it is a field effect. I believe this is covered in detail in daniel's paper, Homo Sapiens Ethicus.

MrTwig
Centurio
Centurio

Post by MrTwig » Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:04 am

LoneBear wrote:
Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:51 am
What you need to remember with the Reciprocal System is the reciprocal relation:

space to time (s/t) or time to space (t/s) constitutes motion, so anything spatially displaced will pass through anything temporally displaced.

space to space (s/s) or time to time (t/t) is not motion, so it acts as a barrier to either reflect, repel or absorb the net displacement.

All material atoms (the ones we are familiar with) have a net, temporal displacement. Cosmic atoms, what the soul is made of, have a net, spatial displacement.

Electrons (s) are backwards in conventional physics, being cosmic in nature. Charged electrons are material (s x t/s = t). So electric current (uncharged) cannot pass through the soul, as space-to-space is not motion. Charged electrons (static electricity or radio waves) do pass through the soul, but not the body, since time-to-time is not motion. (That is how a microwave cooks food with radio waves.)

Something you have to keep clear in your mind is that material atoms exist at a location in 3D space, but have their structure (displacement) in 3D time. So one can say the body is a "structure in space" because it contains a volume determined by locations in 3D space, even though the actual "solid" part of the body is the temporal structure of the atoms composing it. Space is empty--time is solid. A bunch of solids arranged closely in space makes it appear as a spatial solid, even though it is not.

Normal atoms are temporal rotations, which means they do not move between locations in time--they remain at the same one. So you do not enter the atom, per se, because it is only a single location--you enter the realm of locations of the atoms of the door, 3D time or the cosmic sector.
I am having a problem visualizing this. No matter how I try, I can't seem to see or understand Space is empty--time is solid. Understanding they are opposites of the same thing, motion, causes the most confusion. From what I have experienced Space is full of Stuff and Time is not seen or Empty. What everyone is taught about atoms is the imaginary (not truly seen) proton and electron that looks like a solar system. I thought imagination was all I needed to truly see what you talk about it does not seem to be working in this case. Help please!

LoneBear
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Post by LoneBear » Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:09 am

MrTwig wrote:
Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:04 am
I am having a problem visualizing this. No matter how I try, I can't seem to see or understand Space is empty--time is solid. Understanding they are opposites of the same thing, motion, causes the most confusion.
Pick an object, turn your eyes into electron microscopes and zoom in to the atomic level. What do you see? A bunch of tiny balls (atomic nuclei) forming a grid (crystal pattern) a LONG way apart from each other, with nothing in between. And you can see that there is nothing between these tiny balls. That is the "space" between them.

Since the tiny balls aren't empty space, they cannot be "space," so the only other choice is "time."
From what I have experienced Space is full of Stuff and Time is not seen or Empty.
If you can't see it, how can you know if it is full or empty?
What everyone is taught about atoms is the imaginary (not truly seen) proton and electron that looks like a solar system. I thought imagination was all I needed to truly see what you talk about it does not seem to be working in this case. Help please!
Atoms aren't made of protons and electrons, so it cannot look like a solar system. They aren't made of anyTHING. So you can't see an atom, because it isn't made of anything--it is just "motion." But what you CAN see is how a photon deflects trying to go around it. What you SEE is photons--and the interference pattern they make from one motion interacting with another is what you call a "solid."

MrTwig
Centurio
Centurio

Post by MrTwig » Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:07 pm

Do you see my problem? How do you describe nothing? Some say it is the absent of things. What is on the opposite side of reality? How do you describe an inverse world with just the known world? There has to be a way to do it.

LoneBear
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Post by LoneBear » Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:57 am

MrTwig wrote:
Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:07 pm
Do you see my problem? How do you describe nothing? Some say it is the absent of things. What is on the opposite side of reality? How do you describe an inverse world with just the known world? There has to be a way to do it.
It is difficult for me to see your problem, because I have never had a problem "seeing" it.

Billy has similar issues; he will explain it to you in terms you may find easier to understand.

Go for it, Billy!

Andrew
Cellarius
Cellarius

Post by Andrew » Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:13 pm

This is a clip from the movie Men who Stare at Goats that I feel has great relevance to doing magick. If you can't move your feet, you can't move your mind. Forgive the poor quality audio.

dave432
Centurio
Centurio

Post by dave432 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 3:27 pm

LoneBear wrote:
Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:09 am
Atoms aren't made of protons and electrons, so it cannot look like a solar system. They aren't made of anyTHING. So you can't see an atom, because it isn't made of anything--it is just "motion." But what you CAN see is how a photon deflects trying to go around it. What you SEE is photons--and the interference pattern they make from one motion interacting with another is what you call a "solid."
Just when I thought I was beginning to understand. I thought atoms were "the solid of time" (aether) that can only have motion in space. If an atom could be blown up to the size of a volleyball, would we still not be able to see it?
"just down the road a little way, turn left, cross the drawbridge, and you will be my guest tonight."
-- directions to the grail castle. We'll have some toast.

joeyv23
Atriensis
Atriensis

Post by joeyv23 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 4:11 pm

Andrew wrote:
Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:13 pm
This is a clip from the movie Men who Stare at Goats that I feel has great relevance to doing magick. If you can't move your feet, you can't move your mind.
I've been thinking about the position you hold with relation to magic and the thought (need?) for it to be fun.

I've recently encountered an incredible book called Of Water and the Spirit by Dagara elder Malidoma Somé. In it, he details his experiences with tribal magic that reads to me as being far beyond what we have talked about as Tier 1 magic. His interactions with non-human intelligences and descriptions of things that he witnessed and experienced as a boy prior to his abduction from his tribe and forced indoctrination into Catholicism and a modern, Western education and then again once he returned to the tribe and went through his initiation into manhood and the occult fall clearly within the understanding being put together by the RS and RS2.

I don't know that I can say that I agree that Tier 2 magic must or would be fun. It is true that there are levels of experience of the supranatural that would leave a person feeling a blissful connection to the cosmos, and Malidoma details a few of his experiences along this line in the book, but that type of interaction and sensation isn't sustainable by us as we are now. To experience the joy of nature in its fullness for extended periods of time would likely destroy us. Instead we get glimpses of this throughout the course of our lives.

Tier 2 magic is dangerous. It requires hard work and is likely going to be incredibly taxing. When it comes down to it, if we have to use Tier 2 magic in order to accomplish some goal, it will likely be because we've exhausted all other avenues. It's not a go-to solution for things and should probably only come as a last resort.

I expect that the desire/need for magic/psionics to be fun is part a psyop to turn magic into a drug/distraction. Men Who Stare at Goats stands as evidence of this. I can easily think of several other bits of popular culture regarding magic/psi that fit the same bill.

This isn't to say that what is presented in that particular scene that you shared doesn't have some usefulness, but it must be considered within its proper context. There is need to disestablish the predomimance of rigidity of the yang structure in the Western psyche and embrace yin movement in the pursuit of balance between the two, that much at least is true. If it is fun that is being sought, while valid to a point within its own right, there is the potential for becoming stuck with it (fun) as a detractor from movement forward. Perhaps this wasn't the underlying motivation for the post. Either way, I wanted to share my thoughts on the thing and as a response here it felt appropriate.
"Living is not necessary, but navigation is." --Pompey
"Navigation is necessary in order to live." --Me

LoneBear
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Post by LoneBear » Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:53 pm

What is being described in men/goats is basically archetypal possession, much along the lines of "praise name song" done in many African religions. ANYTHING that requires you "let go" (which includes The Force) means that it isn't YOU that is actually doing anything.

This is one of the reasons that the Stargate SG-1 episode, "Maternal Instinct," carries a lot of true meaning to those walking the Great Path... it took daniel a while, but he eventually figure out that HE wasn't doing any of the magic... just acting as an instrument.

If you want to be an instrument, that's fine, but realize that YOU will take the fall for any bad notes that get played. That's one way for the NWO types to avoid accruing karma.

If you like intense study, hard work and deep concentration, then Tier 2 magick is a blast! But you must also have the Code of Chivalry in your heart to execute it... and that comes down to just three things that MUST be part of your core identity--which means you will NEVER violate them: duty, honor and responsibility.

You must understand HOW the Path is walked... and WHY it is walked, not talked. And one of the best examples of this comes from Star Trek Voyager, "Sacred Ground" (Season 3, Episode 7), where Captain Janeway must "walk the Great Path" to save Kes' life...
Captain Kathryn Janeway: I'm willing to do whatever is necessary.

Ritual Guide: I don't doubt that. But do you realize that all of this is meaningless? That the only thing that matters is finding your connection to the spirits?

Captain Kathryn Janeway: I'm going to make every effort to do that. But I didn't come here for personal enlightenment. I'm trying to save a member of my crew.

Captain Kathryn Janeway: I did everything you asked of me. You've led me to believe that would allow me to help Kes.

Ritual Guide: I haven't led you anywhere, Kathryn. You've taken me along wherever you wanted to go. This was your ritual. You set these challenges for yourself.

Captain Kathryn Janeway: It's true that I came here with certain expectations... Are you saying that you simply... fulfilled my expectations?

Ritual Guide: You'd have settled for nothing else.
What expectations are you folks setting?

joeyv23
Atriensis
Atriensis

Post by joeyv23 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:51 pm

LoneBear wrote:What is being described in men/goats is basically archetypal possession, much along the lines of "praise name song" done in many African religions. ANYTHING that requires you "let go" (which includes The Force) means that it isn't YOU that is actually doing anything.
I wonder about a situation where the ego, or any other controlling complex is made to let go of its grasp of the pool of energy that it has within its sphere so that other parts of the Self can come through. In which case, who is you and what is you doing when this not you is doing something? I stand by my initial statement prior to this one, that what is being let go is the dominance of the rigid structure of yang influence for something more fluid, yin, feminine. As for archetypal possession, this is the closest that my mind comes to other than recollection of going to church with my Pentecostal aunt and uncle and seeing people in the congregation holy rolling on the floor and speaking in tongues is this video of a guy on drugs at a music festival.

LoneBear
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Post by LoneBear » Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:07 am

joeyv23 wrote:
Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:51 pm
I wonder about a situation where the ego, or any other controlling complex is made to let go of its grasp of the pool of energy that it has within its sphere so that other parts of the Self can come through. In which case, who is you and what is you doing when this not you is doing something?
In many cases, the sudden release of control of the ego manifests in self-destructive behavior. As you may have noticed, repressed content tends to manifest as anger and "getting even" -- against the ego and/or others to which psychic content has been transferred (this is what is behind violent crimes). Also, there may be a battle between the repressed complexes vying for control to usurp the ego, while the situation exists, resulting in thrashing about, mentally and physically, as control is switched between psychic content (as shown in your video).

When there is no individuated soul, "possession" (or what the New Age calls "channeling") is from the archetypal level, a specific collective. The voice of the archetype speaks (for example, Hitler as the voice of the archetype of Wotan/Odin)--and usually it is a powerful voice, because it is the one that everyone that is part of that collective hears, deep within themselves, so it resonates.

Possession from drug use is normally at a personal level, and what manifests is repressed content from this life or past lives, or ancestral history. (Of course, this kind of possession is not needed if one actively researches past lives and their influence on the present--taking this conscious approach is a much faster path to discovery.)
joeyv23 wrote:
Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:51 pm
I stand by my initial statement prior to this one, that what is being let go is the dominance of the rigid structure of yang influence for something more fluid, yin, feminine.
In this day and age, with all the "gender swapping" going on, one must also consider the reciprocal: dominance of the fluid structure of yin influence--on which the New Age is based.

I hope you can see the difference. Ego domination is about physical survival, at any cost. You "do what it takes" to stay alive. Ego is localized in the material system.

Anima domination is your basic "pacification program" that was pushed via the New Age. It is nonlocal, because the soul (time) manifests as a field in space. Therefore, in order to have control in an anima-dominated system, you must control everything around you--the Guru/Priest being worshiped versus the ego-based General barking orders.

You can break it down into the vMemes...

Ego: Beige (survival instinct), red (alpha power), orange (corporate/scientific). The material hierarchy of control. Our political system.

Anima: Purple (tribal), blue (religion), green (New Age). The cosmic hierarchy of control. Our religious system.

If you want total control, then you have to control both sides, totally.

The animus, existing beyond space and time, cannot dominate (using "animus" in the way it is expressed on this forum, not the typical Jungian term). It has to be given power by the ego/anima. This occasionally manifests in political movements under the concept of the representative Republic, where you have Statesmen, not "representatives" with their own agendas. Of course, without sufficient ethical development to maintain a Republic, it quickly degenerates into a "Democracy," where two wolves and a sheep get to vote on dinner.

What this has to do with magick is this: Tier 1 magick can be exercised by the ego or anima, for inflationary purposes. Everything has a price, and the price here is high. Tier 2 magick is only exercised by the animus, because it can see the duty, honor and responsibility in BOTH space and time.

sovert
Indagator
Indagator

Post by sovert » Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:40 am

LoneBear wrote:
Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:07 am

When there is no individuated soul, "possession" (or what the New Age calls "channeling") is from the archetypal level, a specific collective.
I'm curious where Carla/Ra fit into this particular generalization. Does this mean Carla was unindividuated, or that she was individuated so strongly that she could voluntarily allow Ra to channel?

LoneBear
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Post by LoneBear » Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:56 pm

sovert wrote:
Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:40 am
I'm curious where Carla/Ra fit into this particular generalization. Does this mean Carla was unindividuated, or that she was individuated so strongly that she could voluntarily allow Ra to channel?
Having spent a couple of years working with Carla, my observation would be that she is not individuated (probably due to excessive psychoactive drug use, which destroys the ability to individuate). She oft admitted she was just an "instrument."

Arcelius
Atriensis
Atriensis

Post by Arcelius » Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:59 pm

LoneBear wrote:
Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:56 pm
sovert wrote:
Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:40 am
Having spent a couple of years working with Carla, my observation would be that she is not individuated (probably due to excessive psychoactive drug use, which destroys the ability to individuate). She oft admitted she was just an "instrument."
I suspect that if she was very individuated that she would not have been able to channel at all. Instead, she may have been able to communicate telepathically with Ra (or Q'uo). This is a much different relationship than simply being an "instrument" to be used.

For those who want to join the band and who have their own song in their hearts to express....

Andrew
Cellarius
Cellarius

Post by Andrew » Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:34 pm

LoneBear wrote:
Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:18 pm
Andrew wrote:What about the "shadow" of the soul body, the aura? Is it comprised of cosmic atoms? That could be why magick and electronics do not mix. The spatial displacement of the aura around the material body freezes any nearby electric currents, since s/s is not motion.
The aura is the nonlocal aspect of the cosmic body (soul); it is a field effect. I believe this is covered in detail in daniel's paper, Homo Sapiens Ethicus.
FWIW, I actually posted this with the Men Who Stare at Goats movie in mind. Wondering about how Lyn Cassady walked down the hall and all of those computers went haywire.
joeyv23 wrote:
Sat Apr 15, 2017 4:11 pm
Andrew wrote:
Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:13 pm
This is a clip from the movie Men who Stare at Goats that I feel has great relevance to doing magick. If you can't move your feet, you can't move your mind.
I've been thinking about the position you hold with relation to magic and the thought (need?) for it to be fun.

I've recently encountered an incredible book called Of Water and the Spirit by Dagara elder Malidoma Somé. In it, he details his experiences with tribal magic that reads to me as being far beyond what we have talked about as Tier 1 magic. His interactions with non-human intelligences and descriptions of things that he witnessed and experienced as a boy prior to his abduction from his tribe and forced indoctrination into Catholicism and a modern, Western education and then again once he returned to the tribe and went through his initiation into manhood and the occult fall clearly within the understanding being put together by the RS and RS2.

I don't know that I can say that I agree that Tier 2 magic must or would be fun. It is true that there are levels of experience of the supranatural that would leave a person feeling a blissful connection to the cosmos, and Malidoma details a few of his experiences along this line in the book, but that type of interaction and sensation isn't sustainable by us as we are now. To experience the joy of nature in its fullness for extended periods of time would likely destroy us. Instead we get glimpses of this throughout the course of our lives.

Tier 2 magic is dangerous. It requires hard work and is likely going to be incredibly taxing. When it comes down to it, if we have to use Tier 2 magic in order to accomplish some goal, it will likely be because we've exhausted all other avenues. It's not a go-to solution for things and should probably only come as a last resort.

I expect that the desire/need for magic/psionics to be fun is part a psyop to turn magic into a drug/distraction. Men Who Stare at Goats stands as evidence of this. I can easily think of several other bits of popular culture regarding magic/psi that fit the same bill.

This isn't to say that what is presented in that particular scene that you shared doesn't have some usefulness, but it must be considered within its proper context. There is need to disestablish the predomimance of rigidity of the yang structure in the Western psyche and embrace yin movement in the pursuit of balance between the two, that much at least is true. If it is fun that is being sought, while valid to a point within its own right, there is the potential for becoming stuck with it (fun) as a detractor from movement forward. Perhaps this wasn't the underlying motivation for the post. Either way, I wanted to share my thoughts on the thing and as a response here it felt appropriate.
Your last paragraph stands to the intention I had in posting that scene. The yang/ego structure in its rigidness limits the possibilities of the mind out of fear of overstepping boundaries, spatial or temporal. For instance, dancing wouldn't physically kill Lyn, but, if he continued, he would lose the love of his father, as the sight of him dancing caused the father pain enough to throw his beer can at the wall and say "stop acting like such a queer!" How many times has being yelled at in your youth been to your benefit? Such as, don't stick your hand down there [garbage disposal]! Don't stick things in the electrical outlets! Don't walk out into the middle of roads without looking both ways first! These are all important instructions to instill in a young one unfamiliar with the world.

Well, a child doesn't have the maturity, time or knowledge of psychology to know the difference between the parent's yelling at them for their own good or if the yelling is based off the parent's latent prejudice or other irrational intolerance. It has the same authoritative impact, till the experiences are individually recounted and addressed.

The short point being that fear sticks in the child in a mucky, mixed way. Fear is not fun. Fun is a byproduct of the opposite polarity, love. Harmony.

I don't see Tier 2 magick as needing to be fun. In the technological environment, you can probably remember something you got at Christmas one time was the best and greatest gift ever, and you had so much fun with it, until one day it wasn't anymore. You outgrew it. Except with magick, you have a direct connection in influencing change, and not through a piece of EM technology. I just deduced that fun is a consequence of Tier 2, since doing Tier 1 focused magick doesn't generate that quality, even though it has a lot of other positive, gratifying qualities. Inflationary, I think LB said. And if growth is something you desire, would you rather be growing or shrinking? I think LaVey removed any doubt in my mind that ego/anima inflation, in this regard, is an illusory, backcourse in spiritual development. It actually is necessary in spiritual development, since the ego and anima are both needed to generate sector 3 control units.

joeyv23
Atriensis
Atriensis

Driver Installation

Post by joeyv23 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:12 pm

LoneBear wrote:
Thu Jul 07, 2016 7:57 am
Incantations (spells to alter spatial relations) and Invocations (summoning spirits to alter temporal relations) are two of the ancient tools to utilize magick. I've been looking at some of the old grimoires and again noticed a similarity with computers. These rituals are akin to running a program and passing parameters to it (such as editing a file -- run Word and pass the file name to edit).

The filenames are often close to the sacred root languages, such as medieval Latin for western culture (Harry Potter spells are basically Latin). The accoutrements that go along with the filename are the various symbols and objects that form the sacred space for incantation and invocation, just like you would place the name of the file to be edited right after the editor program name.

This structure tells me a few things, foremost of which is that the "program code" that does the actual work exists on a kind of "hard drive" somewhere else, that it downloaded through the magic-netic device driver and executed. The logical place for that is the biggest "hard drive" on this world, the Archive of the Ancients.

There is a series of prerequisites required on the path of Wizardry:
  1. Activate the conceptual telepathy system of your psyche (not group mind).
  2. Discover the Archive (your access point).
  3. Learn to access the Archive through conceptual symbolics (psychocartography).
  4. Learn to navigate the Archive and find a compatible magic-netic driver for your anima.
  5. Download and install the driver.
  6. Enter the codes into the driver that allow access to the magick database.
  7. Learn the programs do and what they require as input.
Within the past couple of days I've installed the driver and have activated a few programs that I came pre-installed before the driver for them was in place and running. I had previously upgraded my internal BIOS when making the move from Georgia to Utah but was still lacking the drivers to make them run. These programs are in line with my predisposition toward psychic ability. Rather than keep you in suspense about it, I'll share what I can at the present time. I share the same capacity that LB has to see into a person's internal landscape. I also have the program that would allow me to interact and influence things inside the landscapes, but I left this for those (mentioned later) better suited to the task this time until I have a bit more experience. I also have the capacity/ability to watch a person dream in real-time. The other program that I have is a communication program. I was already able to communicate with "others" before, but this is like upgrading from a very simple VOIP to a fully fledged, bugs-worked-out, communication program. I now have in my contacts list, among others, the Nokk. (It's fun/funny for me given that my symbolic overlay for them when engaged telepathically is the Gungan species from Star Wars.) A connection between them and myself had already been in the works, but by utilizing Invocation - as described above - I was able to take part in a joint rite with them as well as a few others, the details of which I have to keep to myself for the privacy of those involved.

A few things that I'd like to share for anyone who might find themselves on this path...
  1. Going through the process of psychocartography is not for the faint of heart. It requires you to look all the way into yourself and come to terms with what you find there. For some people this is a horrifying prospect - like opening Pandora's box - (and that's not good because all those bad things have to stay in there.. right?) There is something that most of us have the pleasure of never consciously facing in our lives that is given fairly accurate expression in the old film, The Forbidden Planet, called the monster from the id. It finds expression again in Stargate Atlantis, S02E12 - Epiphany. This thing can truly, and I do mean truly, become a monster that we have to deal with. It is not fun, it hurts a lot, and if you aren't careful and engage it without having a fairly strong mental stability, it can and will destroy you. I expect that people who experience different intense levels of psychosis are dealing with this aspect of self... and my saying that is from experience with it recently before overcoming the hurdle. It's not my intention to promote a fear response to any who might have been interested in pursuing this, I just think it fair to give adequate warning of this thing that you will find yourself up against.
  2. I personally found my compatible driver unconsciously while interacting with LB out in nature shortly after I moved here to Salt Lake City. It came in like a compressed file in an e-mail. It then took a period of about a year to unpack it. As this occurs, the data coming out of the file acts as a catalyst for further depth of understanding with respect to the work done in psychocartography.
  3. The driver requires a lot of energy to run. I still have some work to do as far as getting my physical health habits where they need to be in order to make efficient use of the energy my body takes for sustenance in order to use the driver on a regular basis. You should have seen my appetite yesterday!
So that's the scoop on successfully navigating the steps that LB has laid out. This is real. We are capable. I'm sure I'll have more to post over time as I interact with this more and my understanding of the code develops. Until then... Mischief managed ;)

animus
Centurio
Centurio

Re: Driver Installation

Post by animus » Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:56 am

joeyv23 wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:12 pm
Rather than keep you in suspense about it, I'll share what I can at the present time.
Very much appreciated!
When I read LB's step-by-step post, I wondered how long it would take until we heard of a second success story. My guess was several years. But here we are, only 14 months later. Fantastic! Thank you for sharing. This is very exciting to read and I can only imagine how it must feel to actually experience it. This is also great motivation to pursue the same path, or rather reaching similar milestones on a different path. Let's hope this thread will have more success stories in the years to come. Wouldn't it be wonderful if in the end it turns out that getting one's wizard degree is no more difficult nor time consuming than getting a Master's degree? As for the monster from the id and the mental stability to face it, could the experience perhaps be alleviated with appropriate study in psychology?

I also have the capacity/ability to watch a person dream in real-time.
Watching TV on a whole new level, huh. I take it that this is one of the instances where duty, honor and responsibility require you to ask for permission first?
Why did you add "in real-time"? I thought this is done in 3d coordinate time but you make it sound like you are aware of clock time, i.e. your waking self, while doing it. Or am I just misinterpreting?

joeyv23
Atriensis
Atriensis

Post by joeyv23 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:14 pm

animus wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:56 am
Very much appreciated!
When I read LB's step-by-step post, I wondered how long it would take until we heard of a second success story. My guess was several years. But here we are, only 14 months later. Fantastic! Thank you for sharing. This is very exciting to read and I can only imagine how it must feel to actually experience it.
I've had to disable the driver for now. It requires more energy than I can currently provide. Honestly, there's something similar to the experience to being high... at least from my current state of normal operation. This is evident when you look at my posting the past couple of days, you can easily see it... lots of energy and desire to get out some of what's coming through (again because the system can't yet hold it all yet.) Then there's the crash that I felt some of yesterday and more of today. There is clearly a whole set of psychological implications that come with wizarding that I'll have to explore more deeply. The monster from the id doesn't go away--it transforms. Learning about and coming to terms with what it is going to transform into is going to take some time.
As for the monster from the id and the mental stability to face it, could the experience perhaps be alleviated with appropriate study in psychology?
From my experience, I'd say that there is at least some requisite amount of study/understanding of psychology that's required. The thing really that I think is necessary is doing what people refer to as shadow work - and this action doesn't necessarily require a technical understanding of the workings of the mind... one just has to be able to know what's "shadow" when it's encountered. LB has stated several times the necessity of finding out what is you (psychocartography) so you can distinguish what isn't. The issue with that is the "not me" stuff that is more of the collective, but which is still a part of who we are. My attitude towards the idea of individuation has been changing over the past few months, in that while it is necessary to become and individual, to create for ourselves our own functioning discrete unit, we can't (so far as I can see) separate from the collective. This could very well be psychological conditioning of being born of our collective and perhaps it is possible to separate from it, but as we've heard so often told--we are social creatures. Even the next step that we are looking towards for the development of our individual and species' consciousness is a social memory complex. So there's definitely something here that will have to be resolved before that step is taken.

Watching TV on a whole new level, huh. I take it that this is one of the instances where duty, honor and responsibility require you to ask for permission first?
Most people, being an archetypal human within the collective are completely open... this is the result of a 'participation mystique' level of interaction within the collective entity. While we've moved beyond "One Mind"/Hive Consciousness, most people are still, in a sense, tapped into the collective unconsciously, experiencing it as a unit in a hive would and as a result remain open to it. I haven't explored it too much yet, but when I feel in (and out), it seems that the collective, in its desire to evolve is, itself, open to my being able to view the dreams of those within it that are, themselves, open. Things become a bit different when we start considering people who are working on individuation - as well as those who, for one reason or another are closed off. I experienced both of these scenarios where I was able to view a person's dream because of a level of trust that has built between us and that person being open to me. I also had a look at a closed mind. Permission was definitely denied. In this case I was able to see the structure (through my own symbol set) of the thing causing the closure. It's analogous to a firewall. Which takes my mind to an interesting place - how in the book of Genesis where after the fall, a flaming wheel was placed at the gates so that entrance by those that had just left could be prevented.

A bit of this issue with permission can be gleaned from the book 2050 AD when the main character went into a hospital with the intention to use his new abilities to heal the sick, and the interaction he had with the folks there.
Why did you add "in real-time"? I thought this is done in 3d coordinate time but you make it sound like you are aware of clock time, i.e. your waking self, while doing it. Or am I just misinterpreting?
Again, there is a difference between the actual realm of 3d coordinate time and the bubble of equivalent time that we actively create/engage when we dream. I was aware of clock-time because I was awake and fully conscious when I looked into (where permission was granted) and at (where permission was not granted) the equivalent time space of those dreams.

Arcelius
Atriensis
Atriensis

Post by Arcelius » Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:53 pm

joeyv23 wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:14 pm
LB has stated several times the necessity of finding out what is you (psychocartography) so you can distinguish what isn't. The issue with that is the "not me" stuff that is more of the collective, but which is still a part of who we are.
I would also stress the importance of this work. Until you understand this about yourself, you are extremely easily influenced to put it mildly. I would also add that there can be "not me" stuff that is not part of the collective. Regardless, you (the broader or general you and not you specifically) will need to look at the collective and decide what you will bring with you as you move to individuation.
joeyv23 wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:33 pm
My attitude towards the idea of individuation has been changing over the past few months, in that while it is necessary to become and individual, to create for ourselves our own functioning discrete unit, we can't (so far as I can see) separate from the collective. This could very well be psychological conditioning of being born of our collective and perhaps it is possible to separate from it, but as we've heard so often told--we are social creatures. Even the next step that we are looking towards for the development of our individual and species' consciousness is a social memory complex. So there's definitely something here that will have to be resolved before that step is taken.
I assure you and encourage you that it is possible and desirable. Understand that you are not really giving anything up. Try not to think of it as a separation but rather as a joining with something else. It is a new beginning! I hope that as you look behind with hindsight that you will see that everything that is the collective is still accessible (and perhaps even more so than before) should you need it.
animus? maybe -- having trouble following proper attributions wrote:
joeyv23 wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:33 pm
Not necessarily. Permission is a tricky thing a bit like gratitude (or trust). Someone can give verbal permission and that may satisfy a legal requirement. However, real permission may not be granted. Also, in spiritual realms, there are equivalents to Power of Attorney, the concept of parental rights by some definition of parent, and other things to consider. Stuff happens regularly even though a person may explicitly not give permission for it. And it is considered to be honourable.

LoneBear
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Monsters, John. Monsters from the Id.

Post by LoneBear » Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:26 pm

animus wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:56 am
As for the monster from the id and the mental stability to face it, could the experience perhaps be alleviated with appropriate study in psychology?
I can give you a first-hand answer to that: No.

Psychology works for muggles, not wizards. Just as physics considers everything to be material, ignoring the cosmic/temporal aspect of things, psychology considers everything to be "programming" and ignores the metaphysical component--the "other realm" aspect.

I have been doing a lot of research on this, under the concept of "physician, heal thyself," and have updated the standard psych models to include the soul component. One of the keys to understanding this other half is an old book, Etherology by J. Stanley Grimes. He was way ahead of his time... and did not have the underlying physics to make sense of what he discovered.

I do find it interesting that I've been trying to get Joey to watch Forbidden Planet for some time now, and when he finally did, it seems to have triggered an Epiphany and he found his interface.

LoneBear
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Post by LoneBear » Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:41 pm

joeyv23 wrote:
I've had to disable the driver for now. It requires more energy than I can currently provide.
Actually, you just hit the "pause" button.
joeyv23 wrote:
Honestly, there's something similar to the experience to being high... at least from my current state of normal operation. This is evident when you look at my posting the past couple of days, you can easily see it... lots of energy and desire to get out some of what's coming through (again because the system can't yet hold it all yet.) Then there's the crash that I felt some of yesterday and more of today. There is clearly a whole set of psychological implications that come with wizarding that I'll have to explore more deeply.
Key concept here being "explore," not "ignore."

You were simply overwhelmed by your own intuition (the cosmic side of sensation) and ran out of space on your hard drive. Now you lack the free blocks for normal operation. Time for a Dark Night of the Soul, to upgrade the hardware. (But this time you have the option to do it consciously.)
joeyv23 wrote:
The monster from the id doesn't go away--it transforms. Learning about and coming to terms with what it is going to transform into is going to take some time.
No argument there.

Just remember that, like in the film, the monster draws its power from the collective unconscious--a limitless source of bioenergy. And we are stuck with our little dantien batteries. So rather than use battery power to run your driver, try plugging it in.
joeyv23 wrote:
LB has stated several times the necessity of finding out what is you (psychocartography) so you can distinguish what isn't. The issue with that is the "not me" stuff that is more of the collective, but which is still a part of who we are.
The ONLY way to confront the Monster from the Id is to know what is you. Ask Shepard.
joeyv23 wrote:
My attitude towards the idea of individuation has been changing over the past few months, in that while it is necessary to become and individual, to create for ourselves our own functioning discrete unit, we can't (so far as I can see) separate from the collective.
Still has more change to go. Half way there.

After all, "after 30 years I have come to realize that all we are dealing with is nothing but abstract change in three dimensions." --Dewey Larson