Utopia

Discussion of Science Fiction motifs, symbols and allegory.
Ilkka
Praefectus
Praefectus

Utopia

Post by Ilkka » Thu May 28, 2020 4:14 pm

So I've been rewatching UK series Utopia (2013-2014). Very good it was back when I first saw it and remember eagerly awaiting next episode. Season 1 episode 4 has some interesting things about viruses and vaccines as the plot unravels. They also mention that SARS was bogus and referred it as common respitory disease that we see every year. So this series kind of predicted what was going to happen in real world just 6 years after the show ended. Will update if I see any other interesting correlations etc. from the show as I watch them maybe 1-3 a day not many left though since it only has 12 episodes in total.

If you can get to see it from somewhere I suggest as it has quite addictive story I think. Has 8,4 stars in IMDB, well deserved IMO.
Enjoy the Silence

Djchrismac
Atriensis
Atriensis

Re: Utopia

Post by Djchrismac » Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:01 am

Ilkka wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 4:14 pm
So I've been rewatching UK series Utopia (2013-2014). Very good it was back when I first saw it and remember eagerly awaiting next episode. Season 1 episode 4 has some interesting things about viruses and vaccines as the plot unravels. They also mention that SARS was bogus and referred it as common respitory disease that we see every year. So this series kind of predicted what was going to happen in real world just 6 years after the show ended. Will update if I see any other interesting correlations etc. from the show as I watch them maybe 1-3 a day not many left though since it only has 12 episodes in total.

If you can get to see it from somewhere I suggest as it has quite addictive story I think. Has 8,4 stars in IMDB, well deserved IMO.
This is a series a friend of mine watched and recommended when it first came out and I think I watched the first episode then never carried on with it although I don't recall why, more likely no time then instead of not enjoying it so I might give it another go, thanks for the reminder Ilkka.
Jones: [looks at Sallah] You said their headpiece only had markings on one side, are you absolutely sure? [Sallah nods] Belloq's staff is too long.
Jones and Sallah: They're digging in the wrong place!

Ilkka
Praefectus
Praefectus

Re: Utopia

Post by Ilkka » Wed Jun 03, 2020 2:22 pm

Djchrismac wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:01 am
This is a series a friend of mine watched and recommended when it first came out and I think I watched the first episode then never carried on with it although I don't recall why, more likely no time then instead of not enjoying it so I might give it another go, thanks for the reminder Ilkka.
If you can see past the cold blooded murders that the bad guys commit, the story and how it unfolds is rather mysterious and I think it keeps viewers wanting more. Also thing about the killings portrayed in this series is somehow different on how they do in other series and movies there is some really cold/dark stuff going on there and I think that the actor who plays "Arby" just nails his performance just so emotionless and absolute zero coldness, as it is revealed in further episodes that they aimed for such a character. I like a good action in films and series, this one got it quite right.
Enjoy the Silence