Torchwood: Children of Earth / Miracle Day

Discussion of Science Fiction motifs, symbols and allegory.
deepfsh
Cellarius
Cellarius

Torchwood: Children of Earth / Miracle Day

Post by deepfsh » Wed Apr 30, 2014 3:24 pm

I first heard about Torchwood, a spin-off from Doctor Who, from Kerry Cassidy (Project Camelot) in 2009. It caught my attention the moment I saw its trailer. The actor who plays Capt. Jack Harkness really fits his role - well, I must say the homosexual scenes quite surprised me -, and his army coat is legendary. I found the last two seasons especially interesting. I'll provide some interesting bits and quotes.

CHILDREN OF EARTH [1]

The aliens called 456 (radio frequency number) sent us a message (like in the movie Contact?) with certain instructions - the British gov. had to build a sealed glass room on (top) Floor 13 of the MI5 building in London (this reminded me on daniel's "E-DIN enclosure", a laboratory), with the Masonic checkerboard pavement - black and white squares - in front of it. The alien representative (hitting the glass wall with a tail and emitting dinosaur-like sounds, but speaking in English - through a device, maybe?) was then "beamed" (Breaking News: Pillar of fire descends over London) in it from the sky (I don't remember if an alien ship was seen).

Before the aliens arrived, children all over the Earth suddenly stopped, stood firmly, and started looking towards the sky (Heaven = alien ship?) saying "We are coming... we are coming... we are coming... back" as if hypnotized. This is interesting, because in the final season, there is a big poster on the wall of a waiting room at a Welsh airport, on which it is written "COMING SOON" with a dragon next to it (similar as the one on the Welsh flag).

Basically, the aliens want 10% of children from every country on Earth.

Some interesting quotes: [2][3][4]
PRIME MINISTER GREEN: "We need a middle man. John Forbisher [permanent secretary to the Home Office - civil service] is a good man. And better than that, he's expendable."
Earth representative of the armed forces: "I bring greetings in the name of the US, the People's Republic of China, and the Holy See - the Vatican City, the Russian Federation, for Australia, Japan, Hellenic Republic, Iran, Iraq, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia." [Cocktail of major religions?]
DENISE RILEY: "No, the first responsibility is to protect the best interests of this country, right? Then let’s say it. In a national emergency, a country must plan for the future, and must discriminate between those who are vital to continued stability and those who are not. And now that we’ve established that our ["management level"] kids are exempt, the whole principle of random selection is dead in the water anyway [...]"
DENISE RILEY: "Let me finish. Now look, on the one hand, you’ve got the schools, and I don’t just mean those producing graduates. I mean the pupils that will go on to staff our hospitals, our offices, our factories; the workforce of the future. We need them. Accepted, yes? So, set against that, you’ve got the failing schools; full of the less able, the less socially useful. Those destined to spend a lifetime on benefits, occupying places on the dole queue, and, frankly, the prisons. Now, look, should we treat them equally? God knows we’ve tried and we’ve failed, and now the time comes to choose. And if we can’t identify the lowest achieving ten percent of this country’s children, then what are the school league tables for?"
PRIME MINISTER GREEN: "Then, there we have it. John, you have your criteria. We’ve selected the ten percent."
BRIT. OFFICIAL: "A reduction of the population could possibly, just possibly, if presented in the right way, be seen as good, sir."
FROBISHER: "We need a cover story to explain why the operation is happening, and to encourage participation. So the suggestion is we announce the children will be given some sort of inoculation; a jab to stop them speaking in unison. We stress that there’s no immediate danger, that everyone will be seen in due course. Then when it goes wrong and the children disappear, we blame the aliens. Claiming innocence, we face the music."
If you remember, there was a hype for vaccination in 2009 against the bird flu. In the series, the "Indonesian flu" was mentioned - the aliens gave us the cure in 1964 in exchange for 12 children.
RICK YATES: "It is the aliens’ fault, and that’s where the blame should lie, not with us."
FROBISHER: "We play the part of naive dupes rather than willing accomplices."
CAPT. HARKNESS: "There’s a saying here on Earth, a very old, very wise friend of mine taught me it: an injury to one is an injury to all. And when people act according to that philosophy, the human race is the finest species in the Universe."
PRIME MINISTER GREEN: "What now?"
RICK YATES: "Two choices: eigher we go to war against an enemy we can’t beat, or we go to war against our own people, for their own good."
DENISE RILEY: "An injury to one is not an injury to all. We can’t go to war, we have to surrender."
Last edited by deepfsh on Thu May 01, 2014 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
"You talk the talk ... do you walk the walk?" Kubrick, Full Metal Jacket

deepfsh
Cellarius
Cellarius

Re: Torchwood: Children of Earth / Miracle Day

Post by deepfsh » Wed Apr 30, 2014 4:42 pm

MIRACLE DAY

This season is filled with Catholic expressions and much more eclectic than the previous one. Basically, the people stop dying and the population is rapidly incresing. But that's not all...

Torchwood - Web of Lies (cartoon companion series) [1]

This cartoon series is a bit confusing, since the sequence of the scenes doesn't seem to make any logic. Among other things, a British-speaking man who resembles Daniel Craig (James Bond) takes Capt. Harkness to Chernobyl, Ukraine (site of nuclear disaster from 1986 - "ground zero").

A few interesting quotes:
"The key is on Kony Island."
"There are these families who have the key and the power. I work for a group that wants it too."
"The key is well hidden and like every conspiracy began under Vatican control. It just needs to be."
[The two keys on Vatican's coat of arms; see also Florida Keys - like Maxwell said, why did "they" spent all that money to build all those bridges that go off the Miami coast? BTW, the scene with the limousine driving on a deserted highway in True Lies was filmed there. And if I remember it correctly, the bomb of the terr.s also exploded on one of the islands off that coast.]
The key is a pool/bath of blood. This whole scene reminds me on Brzezinski's (sarcastic but truthful) words from a conference in 2008: "The purpose of these secret [Bilderberg] meetings is to devise more effective ways of sucking blood out of poor people, exploiting them, and subverting their identity..."
"It's part of the blessing."
"What blessing? Is this all under Vatican control?"
"No, of course not."
"Than why did my brother say it?"
"Because he's a conspiracy nut?"
"The things that are going down, like AIDS being a blood born disease, the blessing in your blood, is the ideology from ancient times." [2, p. 27]

"Now let's look at the word blessing. Everybody is looking for a blessing. The word blessing comes from the word blood, or bloedsain, as an English, or Welsh word, blessing or blood, which means the shedding of blood. Any time there is a bloodletting, or killing, or shedding of blood, it was a blessing. That is why the Crusaders couldn't wait to get back to tell the Pope that they had killed all the people, because that was a wonderful blessing. They had shed a lot of blood. This goes back to the ancient world, long before Israel, when the animals would have to be sacrificed and you would have to pour out the blood afterward, and that was a blessing. As a matter of fact, the Earth today has been blessed all over the world. There has been more bloodshed in the name of religion in Ireland, and the Middle East and all over the world. So we are being totally blessed all over the world with this bloodshed. I just happen to think it is an idea whose time has come get rid of these blessings, and go back to school and find out that we've been had! [...]But that is what they did in the Bible - just cut some poor animal's head off and drain the blood, and that was a blessing." (ibid., pp. 53-4)

"These crusades are between some very powerful secret societies in the world, that make the Mafia look like Sunday school. The[re] are very powerful criminal secret societies in this world, and they would just scare you to death. And, they are at work in our world today. They are battling for the Holy Grail. The Holy Grail was a cup, and according to the ancient teachings, the cup was the Earth. The cup is the Earth of life, that holds all life, and the cup holds all the blood. The blood on Earth is in the Holy Grail, so whoever controls the Earth, controls the Holy Grail and controls all the holy blood. The holy blood is in the Holy Grail. Now, that goes back to this old idea about the shedding of the blood. Why are we going to shed the blood? Well, we are going to shed the blood to gain control. And, that will be our blessing. That's right, you are going to get blessed with the shedding of all this blood. The cup is the Earth and the blood is you. Now we can understand what they mean by the New World Order, and the methods that are being used to accomplish it." (ibid., p. 61)
  • Leo Lyon Zagami.jpg
    Zagami - Grand Master of the Ordo Illuminatorum Universalis (quote: "Vatican Illuminati knight Rose Crois") - holding his (Leo) cup before he went on a lecture tour to the US on (supposedly) Mar 18 2014 - a gesture, with which his order commemorated the 700th anniversary of the death of Jacques DeMolay, allegedly the last Grand Master of the Knights Templar.
"Have you ever looked up the history and etymology of "blessing?" It's quite different from the common understanding, as in the old days, it was something physical that conferred power, authority or ability. The Annunaki had these things called "ME," translated as "Tablets of Destiny," that they were always trying to steal from one another, because physical possession of the ME gave them special powers. The gods also us[e] a subset of these MEs for good human slaves, to give them power or authority--including immortality." [Funny, prior to his departure, Zagami said they were planning to bring some powerful artifacts to US, in order to show them that the boys from Rome still have some hidden powerful objects with which thay can cleanse the boys from US of their "sins".]

"Now what does immorality have to do with what the SMs look like? Well... when [a] person received immortality from the gods, it was usually via food and drink, and it CHANGED the person into a god. In other words, they physically changed from human to "something else" that was compatible with the domain of the gods. If the Annunaki were able to alter DNA from some kind of retrovirus in food/drink, then they could literally take on any appearance they wished... but of course, the genes would tell the story, and perhaps [that’s] why geneticists are #1 on the "missing people" list of the NWO." [3]

Retrovirus? A God? It would be a Miracle!

To be continued...
Last edited by deepfsh on Thu May 01, 2014 11:01 am, edited 2 times in total.

LoneBear
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Post by LoneBear » Thu May 01, 2014 8:32 am

I had commented on Torchwood: Miracle Day on the RS2 forum, The Death of Death:
I've been watching the BBC series, Torchwood, for the last few weeks and they have been addressing an interesting thought... this season is called "Miracle Day," and the miracle was that people just stopped dying. In other words, the life units refused to dissociate and revert back to inanimate status. Cells would just stay alive, even without food or the normal body chemistry. And it didn't matter if you were shot, stabbed or blown apart. The pieces would still remain alive, even if not connected together in a body. Which made for some problems, since consciousness stayed attached to the life units as well. People that should have died stayed alive and could feel pain. The series addresses some of the complications arising from the death of death, namely the world population started to dramatically increase, disease started to run rampant, and the need for "health care" for all those that should have died started overflowing the hospitals and there wasn't enough pain killer to go around.

Started me thinking on the nature of the life unit, what causes it to from, why it stays together and why it eventually fails and reverts to inanimate status. The simplest example we have of a "life" combination is the compound neutron, a composite of a material proton and a cosmic neutrino. It has a lifetime of about 15 minutes. Nehru wrote a paper on the mechanism of the lifetime (The Lifetime of the Neutron), which basically says it is a matter of probability--both the proton and neutrino have geometric arrangement, which is random to each other. Eventually, there comes a time where the arrangement lines up such that there is no motion towards the SAME location (same location = particle), so they move to different locations and "decay." It takes about 15 minutes to randomly find that orientation.

If one were to arrange a kind of field effect that coexisted in both space and time (analogous to the "morphic field" they discuss in the Torchwood episodes), one could prevent that alignment from ever occuring, thus making the compound neutron a stable particle with an unlimited lifetime.

I doubt that halting death is as simple as that, but it is a starting point of exploration. It is an interesting thought exercise, considering the nature of death within the RS framework, and if there is actually a necessity for death--is it a "natural consequence" of the RS, or something that has been imposed for a reason?
The two keys on Vatican's coat of arms;
The keys that open the Vault of Heaven, where the Book of Leaves is kept...
Keeper of the Troth of Ásgarðr, Moriar prius quam dedecorer.

Ilkka
Praefectus
Praefectus

Post by Ilkka » Fri May 02, 2014 3:43 pm

I doubt that halting death is as simple as that, but it is a starting point of exploration. It is an interesting thought exercise, considering the nature of death within the RS framework, and if there is actually a necessity for death--is it a "natural consequence" of the RS, or something that has been imposed for a reason?
I thought about this and I see no progression in continuing living "forever". Its like the circle is about to close but it just doesnt, so it is stuck in the same cycle on the long run. Sure one could learn anything and everything, but I think there are actual physical limits for learning somethings and when the "cup is full" it just keeps overflowing from the edges into the ground.
Enjoy the Silence

LoneBear
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Post by LoneBear » Fri May 02, 2014 4:12 pm

Ilkka wrote:I thought about this and I see no progression in continuing living "forever". Its like the circle is about to close but it just doesnt, so it is stuck in the same cycle on the long run. Sure one could learn anything and everything, but I think there are actual physical limits for learning somethings and when the "cup is full" it just keeps overflowing from the edges into the ground.
Yes, there are physical limits to knowledge which are based on the neocortex and cerebellum, net total of about 400 million "pattern matchers." But that is the limit on an individual.

Take a species like the L-Ms, whom are physically very small in stature, having only a few percent of human brain capacity--yet they're the ones that are out exploring the Universe with all sorts of nature-friendly tech. They overcame the limit through the use of the Social Memory Complex (SMC, in the Ra Material). It works like networking computers. Individually, your PC can only store so much data and has so much processing power. But hook it to the Internet, and virtually all the knowledge on the planet is yours. The psionic connections in an SMC perform a similar function, but can not only "network knowledge," but also skills and things like health (such as the Nox in the Stargate SG-1 episode). Our computer networks tend to do the opposite--they transfer knowledge at the cost of skill (making people lethargic) and health (radio emission).

If you were to ask one of the really old, Native American shamans, "how long will you live?" His reply will be, "as long as I need to." Just like the Taoist priests, there are legends of shamans living hundreds of years--because they needed to, in order to finish the tasks they set out to do.

The Torchwood scenario of immortality would have worked--if the people were able to make the jump to the next stage of evolution. If you think about it, should mankind be able to bring consciousness to the soul, then they would have access to the afterlife realm--so there would be no point in having to die to go there and learn something, as you are already there. Couple that with the SMC, and the "natural consequence" of that would be that immortality would be the better choice for the life experience, until you reached the point where you did not need any physicality (in space or time) at all.

Ilkka
Praefectus
Praefectus

Post by Ilkka » Sat May 03, 2014 4:38 am

LoneBear wrote:until you reached the point where you did not need any physicality (in space or time) at all.
Exactly "in the long run" version. However, I didnt take the SMC into equation on the first place, since you brought it up it would be longer time to spent with other "immortals" rather than alone.
Enjoy the Silence

deepfsh
Cellarius
Cellarius

Post by deepfsh » Sat May 03, 2014 8:34 am

LoneBear wrote:Take a species like the L-Ms, whom are physically very small in stature, having only a few percent of human brain capacity--yet they're the ones that are out exploring the Universe with all sorts of nature-friendly tech.

A local saying goes: "Poison is kept in small bottles." Since daniel posted those pictures of the Moon and he published the 4th part of the HOHS, I've been thinking about the Little People being out there exploring the universe, while we can't get along even among ourselves. It seems the "kids" mentality of playing together bares more fruit than "corporate" rivalry after all.
LoneBear wrote:They overcame the limit through the use of the Social Memory Complex (SMC, in the Ra Material). It works like networking computers. Individually, your PC can only store so much data and has so much processing power. But hook it to the Internet, and virtually all the knowledge on the planet is yours. The psionic connections in an SMC perform a similar function, but can not only "network knowledge," but also skills and things like health (such as the Nox in the Stargate SG-1 episode). Our computer networks tend to do the opposite--they transfer knowledge at the cost of skill (making people lethargic) and health (radio emission).
Excellent food for thought - this is basically the philosophy of the Sanctuary Project, if I'm not wrong, and it's what you probably meant (at least in part) in your reply to -OM- (getting together physically is not the same as communicating among each other through a computer?). I find this very practical and effective.

LoneBear
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Post by LoneBear » Sat May 03, 2014 10:09 am

deepfsh wrote:A local saying goes: "Poison is kept in small bottles." Since daniel posted those pictures of the Moon and he published the 4th part of the HOHS, I've been thinking about the Little People being out there exploring the universe, while we can't get along even among ourselves. It seems the "kids" mentality of playing together bares more fruit than "corporate" rivalry after all.
Most of Nature is rapport-based. Plants find a natural balance with their neighbors, such that the "waste" from one plant is fertilizer for another species, so both thrive (companion planting in gardening). Even with predators, they trim off the weak and sick, providing them sustenance while improving the overall health of the prey. Human society appears to do the opposite--things are planted because of ego desire and force-fed fertilizer to make them grow. Predation was replaced by corporate ranching, promoting sick and diseased animals in pens. (Old ranchers still have a symbiotic relationship with cattle; cowboys protect the cattle, assist them in birthing and ensure the survival and health of the species.)

I've often wondered if rivalry is a "learned behavior," rather than an instinctive one. I know television and films promote it as the "killer instinct," but if you've every watched children play (prior to electronics), they tend to fall in line with Natural rapport. They'll start a game just for the sake of running around and laughing--not competing--and as players come and go, the game is adjusted to the new dynamics (kind of like Calvinball). Now if you've seen parents at children's "sports"... most of the kids don't even want to be there. When I was pushed into Little League (my dad was President of the League), I hated being forced to compete, when I could be out in the woods building tree forts and playing hide-and-seek. (I've always preferred construction over destruction.)

I've spent a lot of my life in remote regions and the "natives" there, usually farmers and ranchers, tend to work in rapport. It's just a given that when a neighbor needs help, you help, no questions asked. And when you need help, they're there for you. You don't even have to ask.
deepfsh wrote:Excellent food for thought - this is basically the philosophy of the Sanctuary Project, if I'm not wrong, and it's what you probably meant (at least in part) in your reply to -OM- (getting together physically is not the same as communicating among each other through a computer?). I find this very practical and effective.
Yes, it is the idea behind the Sanctuary project. When people start working cooperatively on a project, like building such a community/monastery, the "shields" will drop as they become comfortable with their setting and associations. When the shields come down--which are energetic and therefore cosmic/temporal--it opens up that nonlocal connection between life, which I refer to as "psionics." The few times I've worked with others in remote areas, after a few days you would know what each other was thinking. I was mainly doing construction, and when I would reach around to ask someone to pass me a hammer--they would already be holding it out. It can be truly remarkable and this is what I would like to explore with the Monastery concept. In my construction work, the people were just "ordinary Joes" not interested in the metaphysical, so I find it really exciting to see what would happen when people that ARE interested in the spiritual and paranormal side of life get together and put conscious effort into developing the ability. And without the biases of religious dogma and new age saviors, just basing things on common sense and the desire to grow in body, mind and spirit.

LoneBear
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Post by LoneBear » Sat May 03, 2014 10:13 am

LoneBear wrote:
deepfsh wrote:A local saying goes: "Poison is kept in small bottles." Since daniel posted those pictures of the Moon and he published the 4th part of the HOHS, I've been thinking about the Little People being out there exploring the universe, while we can't get along even among ourselves. It seems the "kids" mentality of playing together bares more fruit than "corporate" rivalry after all.
Most of Nature is rapport-based. Plants find a natural balance with their neighbors, such that the "waste" from one plant is fertilizer for another species, so both thrive (companion planting in gardening). Even with predators, they trim off the weak and sick, providing them sustenance while improving the overall health of the prey. Human society appears to do the opposite--things are planted because of ego desire and force-fed fertilizer to make them grow. Predation was replaced by corporate ranching, promoting sick and diseased animals in pens. (Old ranchers still have a symbiotic relationship with cattle; cowboys protect the cattle, assist them in birthing and ensure the survival and health of the species.)

I've often wondered if rivalry is a "learned behavior," rather than an instinctive one. I know television and films promote it as the "killer instinct," but if you've every watched children play (prior to electronics), they tend to fall in line with Natural rapport. They'll start a game just for the sake of running around and laughing--not competing--and as players come and go, the game is adjusted to the new dynamics (kind of like Calvinball). Now if you've seen parents at children's "sports"... most of the kids don't even want to be there. When I was pushed into Little League (my dad was President of the League), I hated being forced to compete, when I could be out in the woods building tree forts and playing hide-and-seek. (I've always preferred construction over destruction.)
The Calvinball theme song made its only appearance in the penultimate Calvinball storyline. Calvin sings the lead while Hobbes sings backup with "Rumma-Tum-Tums."

"Other kids' games are all such a bore!
They've gotta have rules and they gotta keep score!
Calvinball is better by far!
It's never the same! It's always bizarre!
You don't need a team or a referee!
You know that it's great, 'cause it's named after me!"

After that, Calvin tells Rosalyn to "feel free to harmonize with Hobbes on the 'rumma-tum-tums'".
I've spent a lot of my life in remote regions and the "natives" there, usually farmers and ranchers, tend to work in rapport. It's just a given that when a neighbor needs help, you help, no questions asked. And when you need help, they're there for you. You don't even have to ask.
deepfsh wrote:Excellent food for thought - this is basically the philosophy of the Sanctuary Project, if I'm not wrong, and it's what you probably meant (at least in part) in your reply to -OM- (getting together physically is not the same as communicating among each other through a computer?). I find this very practical and effective.
Yes, it is the idea behind the Sanctuary project. When people start working cooperatively on a project, like building such a community/monastery, the "shields" will drop as they become comfortable with their setting and associations. When the shields come down--which are energetic and therefore cosmic/temporal--it opens up that nonlocal connection between life, which I refer to as "psionics." The few times I've worked with others in remote areas, after a few days you would know what each other was thinking. I was mainly doing construction, and when I would reach around to ask someone to pass me a hammer--they would already be holding it out. It can be truly remarkable and this is what I would like to explore with the Monastery concept. In my construction work, the people were just "ordinary Joes" not interested in the metaphysical, so I find it really exciting to see what would happen when people that ARE interested in the spiritual and paranormal side of life get together and put conscious effort into developing the ability. And without the biases of religious dogma and new age saviors, just basing things on common sense and the desire to grow in body, mind and spirit.

deepfsh
Cellarius
Cellarius

Post by deepfsh » Sat May 03, 2014 5:28 pm

LoneBear wrote:I've often wondered if rivalry is a "learned behavior," rather than an instinctive one. I know television and films promote it as the "killer instinct," but if you've every watched children play (prior to electronics), they tend to fall in line with Natural rapport.
Good question.
LoneBear wrote:Now if you've seen parents at children's "sports"... most of the kids don't even want to be there.
I would say it certainly happens in sports, but I know for sure some or quite a few of the children who attend the (non-compulsory) music school (during primary school education in our country) don’t really want to be there, but have to be, because their parents want to show off or want their children to succeed in something they failed in when they were of their age, or simply because they don’t want to be out of the norm.
LoneBear wrote:When I was pushed into Little League (my dad was President of the League), I hated being forced to compete, when I could be out in the woods building tree forts and playing hide-and-seek.
Thankfully, my parents didn’t force me into anything. Especially not into religious education. But I did feel there had to be some hidden forces behind the concept of Jesus - what confused me was that old guy from Rome waving to hundreds of people under his feet and around him. Who the Heaven is he? It sure isn’t almighty with all those assistants and entourage...
LoneBear wrote:The few times I've worked with others in remote areas, after a few days you would know what each other was thinking. I was mainly doing construction, and when I would reach around to ask someone to pass me a hammer--they would already be holding it out.
A similar thing occurred to me twice last November while I was helping my grandparents collect the olives. I would be thinking about something (completely different, or maybe nobody was talking) and my dad - standing next to me - would bring that up a second later. It was beautiful working in nature almost every day for one month.
LoneBear wrote:so I find it really exciting to see what would happen when people that ARE interested in the spiritual and paranormal side of life get together and put conscious effort into developing the ability. And without the biases of religious dogma and new age saviors, just basing things on common sense and the desire to grow in body, mind and spirit.
Me too, the seed was planted, I’ll do my best. I believe they say “hope dies last”. Daniel’s thread on the denigration of the future comes to my mind. It’s good to re-read it from time to time, as a point of reference.

I was checking out the references you made in the post about the “selling your soul to the Devil” and I stumbled upon your story from the hospital - it reads like a sci-fi crime novel. It made me think a lot, I’ll have to read it entirely. Your ‘angel’ reminded me on Jordan Maxwell’s anecdotes about his strange and unexplainable encounters.

For me, one of the most interesting is about a hitchhiker from the Sixties or Seventies who took a ride with an older man, and at the end of the trip the man said him (I’m paraphrasing): “The things we were talking up to now was just entertainment, but now I want to tell you something serious. One day, you’ll meet a man, and you’ll be standing behind his back and will be filming him with a camera. You don’t know what a camera is now, but it will exist then. I want you to tell that man that I brought him there. Tell him he’s there because of me.” The man, a youngster back then, had been telling this story to people he had known all his life, as an entertaining story - until the day it happened for real.

I always wondered how something like that can happen. Jordan’s stories about the beings from the Bible come to my mind - some of them (I believe the Angels), according to his interpretation, looked exactly like us. Interesting...

Gopi
Atriensis
Atriensis

Post by Gopi » Sun May 04, 2014 2:31 pm

LoneBear wrote:Yes, there are physical limits to knowledge which are based on the neocortex and cerebellum, net total of about 400 million "pattern matchers." But that is the limit on an individual.
Then perhaps, it is time for knowledge NOT based on the neocortex and the cerebullum? Human brain, the final frontier!
LoneBear wrote: Most of Nature is rapport-based.
I don't think it can be supported either way simply by looking at nature. Sure, you have the wonderful cooperation of flowers and birds for example, and at the same time you have two males tearing each other apart for a mate. You have the gentleness of a deer, and also the ruthless cruelty of a shark. Looking at nature in a one-sided way is quite useless in my opinion... one can find reasons to justify all sorts of behavior, all under the umbrella of "natural". Certain species devour their young, certain others devour their mates, which one would you choose as a "guideline"? Having free will is a whole different issue, and one can't just pick a previously written program, be it rapport or rivalry.

Even with rapport... destruction is rapport with forces of destruction (selling your soul to the devil) while at the same time being rivals with those who are being constructive. And similarly for the opposite case. Rapport with one is rivalry with the other, you cannot have one without the other.
It is time.