Lucy (2014)

Discussion of Science Fiction motifs, symbols and allegory.
Ilkka
Atriensis
Atriensis

Lucy (2014)

Post by Ilkka » Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:11 pm

This scifi movie is directed by Luc Besson who's movies I have liked before. Put all the action aside and concentrate on the scientific parts only so that you could get all the good things from that movie.

Intriguing is the word to describe this movie in my mind. It contains alot of previous known knowledge for most of the people in this site, I just wonder how many people actually see the movie with the "right" kind of eyes, and learns or gets inspired from seeing it.

This next part contains spoilers.
All the mumbo jumbo about the brain functions etc. was not so interesting from my perspective, because I think we use 100% of our brain capacity all the time, its just that "how" or on "what" you use it for that counts. Oh and immediately there was a down side, the experimental drugs from pregnant women that basically gives you supernatural powers... The what now :D

Reminds me of the lyrics from Marilyn Manson song "Coma White" some of the lyrics go:

"A pill to make you numb
A pill to make you dumb
A pill to make you anybody else
But all the drugs in this world
Won't save her from herself"

This only indicates that "ascension pill" would be the "only" way to achieve the ascension, but as we all know it never really goes like in the movies. Not the best of Luc Besson in my opinion but still worth spending 90 minutes of time :D
Enjoy the Silence

eyewar
Discens
Discens

Re: Lucy (2014)

Post by eyewar » Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:03 am

i really enjoyed that movie .. so many references on many things.. but dont wanna spoiler.. whats the meaning of life? Evolution and share knowledge. I think Antiquatis motto is right: To Be What No Man Has Been, Before