The Flash (2014)

Discussion of Science Fiction motifs, symbols and allegory.
Ilkka
Praefectus
Praefectus

The Flash (2014)

Post by Ilkka » Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:26 am

The Flash series. Season 1 Episode 8 has interesting villain in it. Some super"freak" that can make people be angry. This reminds me about the weapons that NWO etc. might use against people to get them literally kill each other.

Also this whole running fast is so against laws of physics that it is ridiclous even. This of course concerning about the people that the Flash saves at highspeed, even though it is about 700 mph I think that normal human would have his bones crushed etc. when grabbed by the Flash so anyways thats what I think. This series is probably more liked than Scorpion which is more intelligible than The Flash, some people are just so into all nonsensical stuff than others.
Enjoy the Silence

maeghan
Cognitor
Cognitor

Re: The Flash (2014)

Post by maeghan » Tue Dec 09, 2014 6:25 am

Ilkka wrote:The Flash series. Season 1 Episode 8 has interesting villain in it. Some super"freak" that can make people be angry. This reminds me about the weapons that NWO etc. might use against people to get them literally kill each other.

Also this whole running fast is so against laws of physics that it is ridiclous even. This of course concerning about the people that the Flash saves at highspeed, even though it is about 700 mph I think that normal human would have his bones crushed etc. when grabbed by the Flash so anyways thats what I think. This series is probably more liked than Scorpion which is more intelligible than The Flash, some people are just so into all nonsensical stuff than others.
I actually started to really like the series because of the episode you speak of. Perhaps people like the nonsensical stuff because the reality in which we live in is nonsensical. :)

Lotus
Discens
Discens

Post by Lotus » Wed Dec 10, 2014 1:11 pm

Ilkka wrote: Also this whole running fast is so against laws of physics that it is ridiclous even. This of course concerning about the people that the Flash saves at highspeed, even though it is about 700 mph I think that normal human would have his bones crushed etc. when grabbed by the Flash so anyways thats what I think. This series is probably more liked than Scorpion which is more intelligible than The Flash, some people are just so into all nonsensical stuff than others.
I find this a strange statement for 2 reasons. First, all the reports of UFO's that move in ways that defy understood laws of motion tend to be dismissed as misunderstood atmospheric phenomena, delusions or lies because it is "so against laws of physics". Second, it is a work of fiction. The idea of a man able to move so fast is not exactly well explained in the work because the writers weren't trying to make a good explanation of what is going on, but focusing on the action of super-powered combat and the emotional turmoil of the characters. In the comics, there is more thought put into why the Flash's powers work and even then there is some amount of hand-waving for the sake of trying to tell the stories the writers want. If I understand correctly, in the comics the Flash is able to control the movement of all the molecules of his body and even affect the inertia of objects he is in contact with. He is able to move in such a way that he can travel through time, though he needs an external device to do that with any precision.

LoneBear
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Post by LoneBear » Wed Dec 10, 2014 1:49 pm

Lotus wrote:I find this a strange statement for 2 reasons. First, all the reports of UFO's that move in ways that defy understood laws of motion tend to be dismissed as misunderstood atmospheric phenomena, delusions or lies because it is "so against laws of physics".
You mean the physics that is either backwards or a deliberate deception? :D
Lotus wrote:Second, it is a work of fiction. The idea of a man able to move so fast is not exactly well explained in the work because the writers weren't trying to make a good explanation of what is going on, but focusing on the action of super-powered combat and the emotional turmoil of the characters. In the comics, there is more thought put into why the Flash's powers work and even then there is some amount of hand-waving for the sake of trying to tell the stories the writers want. If I understand correctly, in the comics the Flash is able to control the movement of all the molecules of his body and even affect the inertia of objects he is in contact with. He is able to move in such a way that he can travel through time, though he needs an external device to do that with any precision.
Set the WABAC to 1983 and we have another superhero that could move at incredible speeds and perform instantaneous changes in direction, of both himself and his vehicles--with a perfectly sound, scientific explanation. Ever hear of Automan?
Keeper of the Troth of Ásgarðr, Moriar prius quam dedecorer.

Ilkka
Praefectus
Praefectus

Post by Ilkka » Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:35 pm

Lotus wrote:If I understand correctly, in the comics the Flash is able to control the movement of all the molecules of his body and even affect the inertia of objects he is in contact with. He is able to move in such a way that he can travel through time, though he needs an external device to do that with any precision.
This is as much as I translated from the actual execution of the action in question. It is seen when the Flash pauses and sees the world around being either in very slow motion or stopped all the way.
LoneBear wrote:
Lotus wrote:I find this a strange statement for 2 reasons. First, all the reports of UFO's that move in ways that defy understood laws of motion tend to be dismissed as misunderstood atmospheric phenomena, delusions or lies because it is "so against laws of physics".
I think it might be deliberate Decepticon... :)
LoneBear wrote:Set the WABAC to 1983 and we have another superhero that could move at incredible speeds and perform instantaneous changes in direction, of both himself and his vehicles--with a perfectly sound, scientific explanation. Ever hear of Automan?
Sounds very cool. I have never heard of this, probably because it wasnt popular enough to ship over seas, like the Knight Rider for one and "Quantum Leap" which I remember very little about, but I used to watch it with my father when I was very little.

Also I would like to make a prediction about the series, I think they are going to make time travel episode soon, maybe for the end of the season. Maybe even send both the Flash and that yellow blur back in time to have that bad blur kill Flashes mother, while the Flash tries to stop him. This much I can predict so far, because I think I've heard about Tachyons mentioned in some other scifi to be associated in time travel if memory serves. I think I know who the yellow blur is, its either the good Doctor himself or one of his yet unknown hencheman.
Enjoy the Silence

maeghan
Cognitor
Cognitor

Post by maeghan » Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:56 pm

Ilkka wrote:
Lotus wrote:If I understand correctly, in the comics the Flash is able to control the movement of all the molecules of his body and even affect the inertia of objects he is in contact with. He is able to move in such a way that he can travel through time, though he needs an external device to do that with any precision.
This is as much as I translated from the actual execution of the action in question. It is seen when the Flash pauses and sees the world around being either in very slow motion or stopped all the way.
LoneBear wrote:
I think it might be deliberate Decepticon... :)
LoneBear wrote:Set the WABAC to 1983 and we have another superhero that could move at incredible speeds and perform instantaneous changes in direction, of both himself and his vehicles--with a perfectly sound, scientific explanation. Ever hear of Automan?
Sounds very cool. I have never heard of this, probably because it wasnt popular enough to ship over seas, like the Knight Rider for one and "Quantum Leap" which I remember very little about, but I used to watch it with my father when I was very little.

Also I would like to make a prediction about the series, I think they are going to make time travel episode soon, maybe for the end of the season. Maybe even send both the Flash and that yellow blur back in time to have that bad blur kill Flashes mother, while the Flash tries to stop him. This much I can predict so far, because I think I've heard about Tachyons mentioned in some other scifi to be associated in time travel if memory serves. I think I know who the yellow blur is, its either the good Doctor himself or one of his yet unknown hencheman.
I think it's the Good Doctor coupled with the Shadow Doctor because in the last episode the one scientist kid mentioned that there were two lights in Barry's description; yellow and red. In order for the Good Doctor to create the action that spurs Barry to strive (so that he will eventually end up in the Good Doctor's lab at the right time for the extraordinary event to happen. He becomes the flash.

Maybe we need to go through this 3D reality where polarity is the means in which we evolve. There is no good or bad ... cause who are we too judge really. See beyond the good the bad. IDK ... i'm just procrastinating at the moment, but not for long. This image comes to mind ...
23392_4670069222494_462811700_n.jpg
forgive me ... i have a tendency to go off topic. Hmmm, time travel ... it boils down to time. I have a feeling that time's gonna change soon; not because of some outward force or entity or savior but because of some inward force in ourselves that we start nurturing, we take notice of it. Time ... time ... time ... time ... tik .... tok till the clock stops

Ilkka
Praefectus
Praefectus

Post by Ilkka » Fri Feb 20, 2015 2:08 pm

Anyone still watching the series? I was right about the time travel :D

Also I just found out that the actor who plays Barry's father has played the original Barry Allen character in the first series of the Flash from the 90s here http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0098798/?ref_=rvi_tt
Enjoy the Silence

maeghan
Cognitor
Cognitor

Post by maeghan » Fri May 08, 2015 12:51 am

Ilkka wrote:Anyone still watching the series? I was right about the time travel :D

Also I just found out that the actor who plays Barry's father has played the original Barry Allen character in the first series of the Flash from the 90s here http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0098798/?ref_=rvi_tt
You were right ... they went into the time travel.

Ilkka
Praefectus
Praefectus

Post by Ilkka » Fri May 08, 2015 2:05 am

Next week is the season finale. Grodd was kind of interesting gorilla, dont wanna spoil though :)

Looking forward to that episode, not too excited though. I like more of "The Blacklist". James Spader's character is the best and I think he does it very much perfectly.
Enjoy the Silence

maeghan
Cognitor
Cognitor

Post by maeghan » Sun May 10, 2015 3:39 am

Ilkka wrote:Next week is the season finale. Grodd was kind of interesting gorilla, dont wanna spoil though :)

Looking forward to that episode, not too excited though. I like more of "The Blacklist". James Spader's character is the best and I think he does it very much perfectly.
I don't watch that one, it's on netflix or hbo i think ... don't have either.

Ilkka
Praefectus
Praefectus

Post by Ilkka » Fri May 22, 2015 4:16 am

Interesting finale episode. Curious to see how they are going to continue the series in the next season later this year. Not going to spoil for those who havent seen it though.
Enjoy the Silence

Ilkka
Praefectus
Praefectus

Post by Ilkka » Sat May 14, 2016 4:27 am

Latest episode was about Barry getting "stuck" in the "speed force". Made me wonder about that RS motion if it is maintained or contains entities in another higher dimension of motion. Like the Immortals from "Homo Sapiens Ethicus" paper.
Enjoy the Silence