Tomorrowland

Discussion of Science Fiction motifs, symbols and allegory.
MrTwig
Centurio
Centurio

Tomorrowland

Post by MrTwig » Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:11 pm

OK! Have you seen the trailer for this movie. It has George Clooney as a former boy genius inventor and teen that comes across a pin that leads to a world somewhere in time and space. It comes out May 22 2015. The teen, Britt Robertson, become caught up in a mysterious drama created by the smartest men in history. Should be interesting! Well it is from Disney. http://video.disney.com/watch/disney-s- ... ss_cache=3

deepfsh
Cellarius
Cellarius

Re: Tomorrowland

Post by deepfsh » Sun Apr 26, 2015 1:56 am

The city's outline looks like the Disney's castle on its logo. It seems interesting, but smells at the same time. I thought the people living in "Dreamland" would have some psionic powers etc., but it seems everything is based on technology and fashion suits. :)

Actually, it looks like Dubai ... based on the trailers, the film director (or sth. like that) worked also on Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol, which was partially filmed in Dubai.
"You talk the talk ... do you walk the walk?" Kubrick, Full Metal Jacket

daniel
Centurio
Centurio

Post by daniel » Mon Apr 27, 2015 1:12 pm

deepfsh wrote:The city's outline looks like the Disney's castle on its logo. It seems interesting, but smells at the same time. I thought the people living in "Dreamland" would have some psionic powers etc., but it seems everything is based on technology and fashion suits. :)
Looks like tomorrow is not a whole lot different than today... as Q commented on Voyager, "all you do spend the day pushing buttons. Look! More people pushing buttons!" The push-button future has been around for a while (aka The Jetsons), but I don't think that anyone realized the price humanity would have to pay for that future... the machines become conscious, and the people don't.
deepfsh wrote:Actually, it looks like Dubai ... based on the trailers, the film director (or sth. like that) worked also on Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol, which was partially filmed in Dubai.
DU.BAI or as I know it, ERI.DU, is an interesting choice of location "for the future." (DU = home; ERI = remote,away; BAI = given,granted).
Don't ever trust the people that claim the right to rule you. --Larken Rose

Ilkka
Praefectus
Praefectus

Post by Ilkka » Fri Sep 25, 2015 7:19 am

Saw this movie like yesterday. Interesting play with alternate dimension and how Tachyons can effect human behaviour/mind.
Enjoy the Silence