the Matrix

Discussion of Science Fiction motifs, symbols and allegory.
sky
Centurio
Centurio

the Matrix

Post by sky » Sat Nov 12, 2005 7:06 am

I heard a comment recently that made me think of the movie the Matrix. The man I was listening to stated that we live , individually in our own created holographic worlds...we create our own realities. What is real to me...is not necessarily real to you. I can see the basic side to this statement. But at the same time I have a hard time thinking of it like the movie the matrix describes our world...which is what I see this man comparing it to. Can anyone explain this in simple terms?

LoneBear
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Re: the Matrix

Post by LoneBear » Sat Nov 12, 2005 10:02 am

Raytheonsky wrote:I heard a comment recently that made me think of the movie the Matrix. The man I was listening to stated that we live individually in our own created holographic worlds...we create our own realities.
Actually, we share a common, REAL universe, and make our own illusions about it.

We only "see" the shadows, vorlons and reflections of the real universe, colored by our system of values.
Raytheonsky wrote:What is real to me...is not necessarily real to you.
The process of seeking "truth" is finding the ways to see thru the illusions one creates, to get a better view of reality.

For example, "real" is that hydrogen and oxygen bond to form water. "Illusion" is that the Pleaideans are responsible for it happening.

LoneBear
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Morpheus

Post by LoneBear » Fri Jan 20, 2006 6:43 pm

The Matrix was on the TV a couple days ago, and I actually caught it while it was starting this time... usually, I spot it half way thru. I think this was the first time I've actually watched it end-to-end. It is an interesting film, and I can see why so many young people identify with it, being as disempowered as they are.

But I think the best comment in the film was made by Morpheus...
Morpheus wrote:There's a difference between knowing the path, and walking the path.
How so very true...!

Starlight*
Cellarius
Cellarius

Re: the Matrix

Post by Starlight* » Fri Jan 20, 2006 7:22 pm

Morpheus wrote:
There's a difference between knowing the path, and walking the path.
One of the many quotes that stick.

Hey have a little faith, and patience. :wink:

Star*