Fate of the Galaxy?

Discussion of Science Fiction motifs, symbols and allegory.
Tulan
Cellarius
Cellarius

Fate of the Galaxy?

Post by Tulan » Sat Mar 11, 2006 4:04 pm

Well, it looks like the Wraith AND the Ori are a problem now! I wunder what allegory is going to come up from that.

(Maybe they will get the Wraith and Ori to fight eachother off, or I wonder if the Alterrans show up in ships too!)

Both final episodes were very cool.
Ah, you seek meaning? Then listen to the music, not the song. - Kosh Naranek

BlueEagle
Centurio
Centurio

Re:

Post by BlueEagle » Sat Mar 11, 2006 5:53 pm

I'm just wondering who King Arthur is, after all, he was probably and ancient, and now he is comming back. Hopefully he can help out with the Ori problem, since the best efforts are seemingly torn to shreads.

Tulan
Cellarius
Cellarius

Re: Fate of the Galaxy?

Post by Tulan » Sat Mar 11, 2006 9:05 pm

Yeah, that would be cool, King Arthur. I really liked their take on that whole legend too.

SG1 will have their hands full with Wraith coming to Earth and Ori coming to Earth!

Interesting how the Wraith require humans to 'feed' for survival and the Ori require beleivers to 'feed' their power.
Ah, you seek meaning? Then listen to the music, not the song. - Kosh Naranek

LoneBear
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Re: Fate of the Galaxy?

Post by LoneBear » Sat Mar 11, 2006 9:24 pm

As I recall when watching Babylon 5, what was going on in the show paralleled a lot of what was going on in my life at the time.

If the same situation is going on here, then it looks like the Ori-ons are making their final move before harvest; they've started their invasion, just as America has started their invasion of Eurasia, promoting their "Book of Oil-gen".

Arthur, in our legends, died... or perhaps, ascended? And his "return" is coming back to the corporeal, like Daniel? The story line is actually based on Arthurian mythos.