archetype analysis matrix

Discussion of Science Fiction motifs, symbols and allegory.
Alluvion
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

archetype analysis matrix

Post by Alluvion » Mon Jul 16, 2007 6:51 pm

hi all,
included is a .doc file with a table associating some of the analysis i've been doing regarding the archetypes. What I am trying to do is find linkages between systems/language/names/descriptions of the archetypes to come to a purer understanding of that pattern and so a clearer way to consciously access the archetypal force. I suspect something like this is useful to both serve others and serve the self, but in either case should work towards an amplitude of the will. I am also working on creating informative matrices for the chakras and ray bodies, densities and archetypes with material from the ra material in a spreadsheet format (such as the disciplines of the mind and body and excersizes of the spirit). The subtext of this analysis and correlation is, again, amplitude of the will in the light of understanding (hopefully).

In this document I am taking the traditional figure-complexes which have some motion of their own along side a secondary translation of cognitive phenomena (the non-local/virtual 'house of') related to the archetype, some correlations with the studies of St. Aquinas and possible linkages with the anima and animus.

included with the table are some of my notes on making this table. I see this seeking of the archetypes as the means to strengthen one's individuation since inner resources allow one to be free from others and so to make others free from the self.

Comments and critisms most definately welcome.

*edit* - i can't seem to upload the .doc file. Trying again later.

*edit* - file now uploaded.
Attachments
archetype analysis1.doc
(34 KiB) Downloaded 240 times

LoneBear
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Re: archetype analysis matrix

Post by LoneBear » Tue Jul 17, 2007 6:00 pm

Alluvion wrote:...to come to a purer understanding of that pattern and so a clearer way to consciously access the archetypal force.
You don't access archetypal force--it accesses YOU. It is called 'archetypal possession', and is responsible for things like speaking in tongues. Perhaps you are referring to complexes, instead?

There's a saying from an old TV commercial, "It's not nice to fool mother nature." Wise words.
Alluvion wrote:*edit* - i can't seem to upload the .doc file. Trying again later.
I've upped your quota; should work now.

Alluvion
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Post by Alluvion » Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:01 pm

going off the ra material, i remember a quote from *somewhere* stating that the work of the adept eventually include the conscious entering of the archetype, which I took to mean like the adept puts on the archetype like clothing. Perhaps it is the adept making itself wearable instead. I am not sure if I would mean the complexes - do you mean m/b/s or the more idiosyncratic cultural images of the archetypes? How do you know the archetypes possess you? why is it possession and not participation? If magic is the ability to consciously 'use' the unconscious this suggests interesting conditions. STS being would definately want to 'whore out' the archetypal pattern, while the STO being would treat that relationship in the opposite manner - which means, perhaps, making oneself available for 'possession'.

Big question then, to me, is does it aid one in individuation by more or less archetypal 'encountering'? I would think that if one is seeking to be more individuated one would need a certain level of knowledge about these forces to recognize them in the world and in particular in others, and as many here have said, experience trumps theory.

_A

Alluvion
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Post by Alluvion » Thu Jul 19, 2007 6:54 pm

should have posted this origionally, here is the site I stumbled across while searching for images of archetypes. I included some of its layers of meaning of the archetypes in the matrix I am working from.

http://www.psalifemastery.com/7stages.html

Starlight*
Cellarius
Cellarius

Post by Starlight* » Fri Jul 20, 2007 5:52 pm

Hi Alluvion and all,

I hadn't thought of it as 'archetypal possession'.
Alluvion wrote:How do you know the archetypes possess you? why is it possession and not participation?
It works with you, for you, within you. Possess becomes process. Possession as in divine intervention. Participation as in willing. Both.

Why did you chose to correlate the archetypes with to the studies of St. Aquinas?
LoneBear wrote:and is responsible for things like speaking in tongues.
Where could you have possibly gotten this notion from? :)
LoneBear wrote:There's a saying from an old TV commercial, "It's not nice to fool mother nature." Wise words.
As in genetically engineered drugs. And why the natural 'alchemy' works best.

Starlight*

LoneBear
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Post by LoneBear » Fri Jul 20, 2007 7:15 pm

Alluvion wrote:going off the ra material, i remember a quote from *somewhere* stating that the work of the adept eventually include the conscious entering of the archetype, which I took to mean like the adept puts on the archetype like clothing.
Being metaphysical, archetypes have no direction expression in the illusion of 3rd density; they can only be approximated by symbols and motifs. For example, if you were to enter the archetype of 'self', then you would be everyone, everywhere, everywhen. It is not something that you can buy at the Dollar Store.
Alluvion wrote:Perhaps it is the adept making itself wearable instead. I am not sure if I would mean the complexes - do you mean m/b/s or the more idiosyncratic cultural images of the archetypes?
The complex is a projection of an archetype into the psyche, which only represents a small part of the archetype. Based on the way Ra uses body, mind and spirit 'complexes', I would assume that they are all projections of the "self" archetype; different aspects of the same thing. (Body = 1st density 'self', Mind = 2nd density 'self', Spirit = 3rd density 'self').
Alluvion wrote:How do you know the archetypes possess you? why is it possession and not participation?
You won't know if an archetype possesses you, because there is NO sharing; it is mutually exclusive. When you become possessed, they YOU are GONE until the archetype releases you (missing time). Archetypes are intelligent; they can possess just as another entity can possess someone whom gives up their identity. Normally, it is done under strict, religious fervor.
Alluvion wrote:Big question then, to me, is does it aid one in individuation by more or less archetypal 'encountering'? I would think that if one is seeking to be more individuated one would need a certain level of knowledge about these forces to recognize them in the world and in particular in others, and as many here have said, experience trumps theory.
Donald Trumps theory?

You are the product cast from the mold of the archetypes; does it help individuation if you research Calvin Klein's sewing patterns that create your underwear? They, like the archetypes, are the template of one that produces many.

The complex is that part of a projected archetype you have accepted in you, as part of your unconscious drives and motivations. I think it would be more important to know if you need to change your underwear, rather than visit the factory.

Starlight*
Cellarius
Cellarius

Post by Starlight* » Sat Jul 21, 2007 11:30 am

LoneBear wrote:You won't know if an archetype possesses you, because there is NO sharing; it is mutually exclusive. When you become possessed, they YOU are GONE until the archetype releases you (missing time). Archetypes are intelligent; they can possess just as another entity can possess someone whom gives up their identity. Normally, it is done under strict, religious fervor.
So then, what is the use of the archetype if there is no sharing?

Starlight*

Starlight*
Cellarius
Cellarius

Post by Starlight* » Sat Jul 21, 2007 11:30 am

LoneBear wrote:You won't know if an archetype possesses you, because there is NO sharing; it is mutually exclusive. When you become possessed, they YOU are GONE until the archetype releases you (missing time). Archetypes are intelligent; they can possess just as another entity can possess someone whom gives up their identity. Normally, it is done under strict, religious fervor.
So then, what is the use of the archetype if there is no sharing?

Starlight*

LoneBear
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Post by LoneBear » Sat Jul 21, 2007 7:55 pm

Starlight* wrote:So then, what is the use of the archetype if there is no sharing?
What is the use of a womb, if you can't climb back into it?

Starlight*
Cellarius
Cellarius

Post by Starlight* » Sat Jul 21, 2007 11:51 pm

LoneBear wrote:
Starlight* wrote:So then, what is the use of the archetype if there is no sharing?
What is the use of a womb, if you can't climb back into it?
Climb back?!

The reason I asked:
One is part of the universal womb. Hollow space. Recalling, an archetype is a metaphysical aspect.
LoneBear wrote:Being metaphysical, archetypes have no direction expression in the illusion of 3rd density
I answered your question.

Starlight*