Cold Reading

A place to conduct polls of the membership. Since voting on polls is a web-only system, there is no associated email list for this forum.

Read your personal profile below. How would you rate its accuracy?

100% -- Right on target; I'm exactly that way.
13%
75% -- Missed a couple things, but VERY close.
63%
50% -- Could or could not apply to me.
No votes
25% -- Couple things sound like me.
13%
0% -- I'm not that way at all.
13%

Total votes: 8

LoneBear
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Cold Reading

Post by LoneBear » Sat Sep 01, 2007 3:41 pm

"You have a need for other people to like and admire you, and yet you tend to be critical of yourself. While you have some personality weaknesses you are generally able to compensate for them. You have considerable unused capacity that you have not turned to your advantage. Disciplined and self-controlled on the outside, you tend to be worrisome and insecure on the inside. At times you have serious doubts as to whether you have made the right decision or done the right thing. You prefer a certain amount of change and variety and become dissatisfied when hemmed in by restrictions and limitations. You also pride yourself as an independent thinker; and do not accept others' statements without satisfactory proof. But you have found it unwise to be too frank in revealing yourself to others. At times you are extroverted, affable, and sociable, while at other times you are introverted, wary, and reserved. Some of your aspirations tend to be rather unrealistic."

LoneBear
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Re: Cold Reading

Post by LoneBear » Mon Sep 03, 2007 10:11 pm

Interesting that the poll results are similar to what Derren Brown did on his "Mind Control" show... 75%+ of the people thought it was applicable to them, regardless of country, culture or social status. (His was several pages, but basically the same thing.)

I guess it shows that most people have the same, basic insecurities, which can be generalized to fit most of the population.