Am I wasting my time maintaining Antiquatis?

A place to conduct polls of the membership. Since voting on polls is a web-only system, there is no associated email list for this forum.

Has Antiquatis become antiquated and no longer any use?

No, the site still has value.
100%
Yes, you should junk it.
No votes

Total votes: 13

LoneBear
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Am I wasting my time maintaining Antiquatis?

Post by LoneBear » Sun May 18, 2008 2:30 pm

I would like to know... am I just wasting my time trying to maintain a site for the Elder Race and spiritual Evolution? I seem to be just be talking to myself most of the time, and I can do that with a lot less effort on a regular blog site, or just not bother to do it at all.

I created the Antiquatis site six years ago, in hopes that it would provide an alternative to the New Age "Profits/Prophets" that flood the market. I don't promote the site, because I don't believe in selling spirituality or knowledge.

It has always been my hope that by sharing experiences on the Path, we could avoid some of the pitfalls that come our way, and make better, faster progress. Perhaps even work together towards common goals. Yet, I'm usually talking to myself, or people are using private messages/email to converse, and hence not providing any benefit for others (During my last maintenance run, I noticed that 22% of the all posts made are private messages). That defeats the purpose of having a Forum for discussion. Sometimes I feel like I'm nothing more than a source of "cheap entertainment" that others like to make fun of, behind my back. I take my research on the Elder race and Titans seriously. It is important to me.

So, has Antiquatis become antiquated?

Alluvion
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Re: Am I wasting my time maintaining Antiquatis?

Post by Alluvion » Sun May 18, 2008 7:09 pm

Bruce,
Maybe the site and its format are not so important, but the information and dialogue is. I value it, but since I am not doing any work to maintain the software for it, I hold no expectations about being satisfied by it. I expect that in the nearing future, people will come and go and this site will matter less and we will all have new experiences which show us many things that do not require this site.

I imagine that those of us that desire to stay in contact will, regardless. I hope that I have not contributed in anyway to any bitter feelings about Antiquatis - so if you'd rather work less to keep it all together and still participate, thats fine. I'll start up a yahoo group and we can just email a list.

You and others here have shared much with me that I am learning from, albeit slowly, and hardly reciprocating to the same magnitude. It makes sense that if this site takes away from your research along the path you should abandon it to the past and we can see what new will happen.

Arcelius
Atriensis
Atriensis

Post by Arcelius » Sun May 18, 2008 8:29 pm

LoneBear wrote:I would like to know... am I just wasting my time trying to maintain a site for the Elder Race and spiritual Evolution? I seem to be just be talking to myself most of the time, and I can do that with a lot less effort on a regular blog site, or just not bother to do it at all.
There is more to this site than the forum. I have found the library section especially the George Hunt Williamson books and the main site to be of value as well. I don't know that most blog sites would allow for this extra material. As well, there is good food for thought in the many previous discussions on the forum.
Lonebear wrote:I created the Antiquatis site six years ago, in hopes that it would provide an alternative to the New Age "Profits/Prophets" that flood the market. I don't promote the site, because I don't believe in selling spirituality or knowledge.
I appreciate both those things from this site.
Lonebear wrote:Sometimes I feel like I'm nothing more than a source of "cheap entertainment" that others like to make fun of, behind my back.
I'm really not sure where that is coming from.
Lonebear wrote:I take my research on the Elder race and Titans seriously. It is important to me.
It shows.
Lonebear wrote:So, has Antiquatis become antiquated?
Perhaps a better personal question might be "Does the thought of shutting down Antiquatis fill me with relief that it is gone?" If you feel ready to move on, please do not let us hold you back.

Gopi
Atriensis
Atriensis

Post by Gopi » Sun May 18, 2008 9:08 pm

LoneBear wrote:I seem to be just be talking to myself most of the time, and I can do that with a lot less effort on a regular blog site, or just not bother to do it at all.
I think that it is not necessarily the conversations that are currently going on that have value... there are many threads from previous discussions which I still browse today and see something new each time. As for you being the main contributor, well, there is something there... hasn't that been the pattern in your previous endeavours too? I mean, like Avalon?
LoneBear wrote:Perhaps even work together towards common goals.
It may be time to take a roll call of what everybody thinks these common goals are, in a personal way.
aluxon wrote:There is more to this site than the forum. I have found the library section especially the George Hunt Williamson books and the main site to be of value as well.

If you feel ready to move on, please do not let us hold you back.
Seconded. Loudly.
It is time.

lvx08
Centurio
Centurio

Post by lvx08 » Sun May 18, 2008 9:21 pm

Hi LB
I certainly value this site, and often return to the library or forum archive to revisit a matter of interest. However if you feel it is time to pull the plug then so be it.

zenmaster
Cellarius
Cellarius

Post by zenmaster » Mon May 19, 2008 10:24 pm

LoneBear wrote: Sometimes I feel like I'm nothing more than a source of "cheap entertainment" that others like to make fun of, behind my back.
Could that have something to do with the fish jokes?

LoneBear
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Post by LoneBear » Wed May 21, 2008 10:28 pm

Sorry folks; having a REALLY bad week... started out with an odd set of coincidences. Was watching "Contact" (1997 film), the bit where contact was made and the alien said that there was a huge transportation network running around the galaxy (wormholes), built long ago by a forgotten race, which made something click...

My latest RS2 (Ancient tech) research was an examination of the idea of "negative resistance", basically the application of negative distance, which must logically be there given the reciprocal nature of space and time (mathematically, the square root of -1). The phenomenon is actually observed on a small scale in a device called a tunnel diode, where under some precise conditions, voltage and current INCREASE going through the device, rather than being a slight, resistive loss. They explain this as electrons "tunneling" through a potential energy barrier.

The white board was covered with "complex" equations (real + imaginary numbers), where I was working out a resonant circuit to produce this negative resistance effect. Then I noticed that my weird toroidal coil diagrams, with peculiar windings, looked just like mini-Stargates.

That's when it hit me... negative resistance will cause acceleration beyond the limiting speed of light, without inertial effects--basically, you "fall" faster than light, through this negative resistance "tunnel". And the image of whooshing through the wormhole transportation system in "Contact" hit me... here, sitting on the white board behind me, are the resonance equations for activating and using the Starway network.

And that's when the fun began... I was eating some rice, and got this "crunch". Boiled rice isn't supposed to crunch, so I spit it out, found a chunk of tooth in the rice, followed by agonizing pain. Not a fun evening. The dentist got me in first thing next morning, X-rayed the tooth and found a massive infection in the root, which had worked its way up my jaw and back into my inner ear. When this happened, I don't know, as I felt fine moments before. They pulled the tooth (Wisdom tooth of all things), and put me on antibiotics, so I wouldn't lose hearing in the infected ear. Problem was, my tooth wouldn't get numb so they could pull it... they had to use 3 times the normal dose of Xylocaine (or whatever they use these days) before it deadened out, and pumped me full of nitrous oxide (and my bad joke level triples under laughing gas).

Tooth came out without problems, so I headed back with a mouth full of gauze and some prescriptions. But... the truck refused to go up the hill. The transmission stopped working. I had some regular maintenance done a week before just down the road, which was downhill, so I went back. Transmission was missing 2.5 quarts of oil, and no sign of where it went. Everything was sealed tight, and they know they had filled it correctly when they did the service. They refilled it, and after I was able to get up the hill and back to where I am staying, things really started going downhill from there...

May have to go to a neurologist next week, since my tongue never got un-numbed from the tooth extraction, and I have no taste at all--like eating cardboard. They may have injected a nerve directly. It's good in some respects, because I can eat the "cheeseburger pizza" I ordered without veggies, that came delivered loaded with onions (I guess "Godfathers" considers "onions" to be a meat). Not one thing has gone right; and just going wrong isn't enough, it explodes in my face then attacks me. Talk about your "negative greeting".

I appreciate the feedback. I paid for Antiquatis through 2012 (hey, what the heck), so it will be around a while yet. I just don't know how much I'll be able to contribute right now, as I'm willing to bet when I hit "submit", I'll get a "server not found." Done it to me twice already, and not a thing in the error log on the server. Guess that's why Al Gore invented the "Copy" button.

Gopi
Atriensis
Atriensis

Post by Gopi » Wed May 21, 2008 11:28 pm

LoneBear wrote:The dentist got me in first thing next morning, X-rayed the tooth and found a massive infection in the root, which had worked its way up my jaw and back into my inner ear. When this happened, I don't know, as I felt fine moments before.
I wanted to warn you... I saw a full scale close up of a bad tooth, and there was an infection growing in the middle of one of the tooth's legs. You need to be careful with how you move your jaw... it appeared as though the jaw moved forward, like jutting it out (how you might do it if you want to see your lower lip), and that was tearing some nerves off from the part of the brain closest to your nose, near the olfactory system.

And stay away from Japanese/Chinese dentists... they may not be particularly helping. There is one guy with very little lips and lots of 'silver' teeth. Not sure who that could be, but the mouth just seems to be full of shiny teeth.

I seem to have noted it down as a "density dentist". Dentist with a high density of teeth...
It is time.

LoneBear
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Post by LoneBear » Fri May 23, 2008 6:11 pm

zenmaster wrote:Could that have something to do with the fish jokes?
You mean you don't worship the one, true Cod? Or is that a lot of abalone?

zenmaster
Cellarius
Cellarius

Post by zenmaster » Fri May 23, 2008 10:54 pm

LoneBear wrote:
zenmaster wrote:Could that have something to do with the fish jokes?
You mean you don't worship the one, true Cod? Or is that a lot of abalone?
I can't believe what I'm herring. Break this bad halibut, and get some kelp.

Belthazor
Indagator
Indagator

Post by Belthazor » Sun Jun 15, 2008 2:21 pm

Lonebear, please keep the site going! I know we haven't been on in a while, but we've been busy. The wife's dad passed on and left us a good inheritance, and since we're already OK for retirement, we decided to go on a world tour while we are still young enough to enjoy it. It was an incredible trip, and what we learned from the folks here really helped us out with other cultures.

I see you've made a lot of changes, and the site looks great! Going to take a while to catch up!

Slender
Indagator
Indagator

Post by Slender » Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:37 pm

Um...NOOOO. Are you kidding? Time is not wasted when spent well...even if by very few.