How do you Dream?

A place to conduct polls of the membership. Since voting on polls is a web-only system, there is no associated email list for this forum.

What do you normally dream about?

I do not dream or remember my dreams.
No votes
I dream about mundane things (work, school, shopping, etc).
10%
I dream about friends and family.
7%
My dreams are prophetic (events that later show up in the news).
7%
My dreams are stories (like TV serials or short films).
15%
My dreams concern personal development.
24%
My dreams are Epic adventures!
15%
My dreams are primarily scientific in nature.
5%
My dreams are primarily feeling-based and emotional.
10%
Other (please comment).
7%

Total votes: 41

LoneBear
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

How do you Dream?

Post by LoneBear » Mon Jul 14, 2008 2:19 pm

Just curious... if you dream, what do you generally dream about?

polonious21
Cognitor
Cognitor

Re: How do you Dream?

Post by polonious21 » Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:49 pm

Do dreams really mean anything? I can't make up my mind. Are they really connected to spirituality or are they just the mind's way of working out all the clutter that its filled with throughout the day?
To love is Divine

zenmaster
Cellarius
Cellarius

Post by zenmaster » Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:47 pm

polonious21 wrote:Do dreams really mean anything?
Finding significance in something, be it a dream or any other subjective activity, affirms that information was indeed conveyed, acknowledged and used to some extent.

Alluvion
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Post by Alluvion » Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:27 pm

Last night my closing sequence involved a music-video like shoot from the 80s, with a bunch of kids in a large warehouse with the lead singer kind of at the center of attention - in the background was a food vendor. It was kind of Nirvana-esque in its fuck-you attitude, but all the kids were kind of responding to the beat in time while the lead singer sang whatever he was singing. I was kind of prancing around like young kids do, bopping and what not, but eating an apple and raising my arm in time with them, or kicking or throwing a hip or something. Then I noticed this was happening on a dock here in Nantucket, even though I was playing the roll of a childhood me and the cast of characters was primarily children.

A few nights earlier, one sequence I remember involved me in the backyard of my childhood home, able to see over the 2 story roof towards the horizon in a distorted kind of way. I noticed that falling from the sky but far far away were massive ghost like animals - cows, chickens mostly. I saw them falling to the east and the noticed a ghost like whale begin to fall from the south. I extended my arm in 'arresto momentum' fashion and kind of caught the trajectory of the whale, using the inertia of fall to swing it over my head and to the north where it eventually disappeared into the sky again.

A few months ago I dreamed a very strange sequenced involving strange technology, water slides, the need to escape and a strange scene where i watched the face of a solider become the total focus of the dream image, whereby i was with in a perceivable volume of space with light, atmosphere and 'formal presence' but the image began to melt and warp, things twisting and becoming cartoony and very dali-esque with the appearance of halloween mask like material feature, hair and furr, triangulations of bodily elements into strange, grotesque and cartoony shapes. It eventually became terrifying and woke me up.

I've noticed a consistent dream condition thats followed me since puberty - usually anything that deals with sex or the act of sex involved a diseased, mutilated, parasite ridden and necrotic bodyscape, particularly when the scenario enters the body.

So, sometimes banal things show up but it isn't like they are in waking life. Sometimes people I know show up but it isn't like they are in waking life. I don't recall ever having a dream prophecy. I'd say my dreams have extreme emotional tones and epic, action like qualities most often. The situations are usually some kind of extreme and never like just sitting down and reading a book when I am awake.

I wonder what the phenomenological conditions of other peoples dreams are like. How often to they find themselves both actor and observer? How often do their dreams involve intense emotions that wake them up? Do they 'see' things the same way I do when they 'see' them in a dream? How different and similar are 'dream sense perceptions' processed by other people? How do we even begin to accurately describe these conditions? What is their meaning? What is their value?

How/what seem to be the only way to really get at the why, but that is not a straightforward thing to get at it seems.

polonious21
Cognitor
Cognitor

Post by polonious21 » Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:23 am

zenmaster wrote:I wonder what the phenomenological conditions of other peoples dreams are like. How often to they find themselves both actor and observer? How often do their dreams involve intense emotions that wake them up? Do they 'see' things the same way I do when they 'see' them in a dream? How different and similar are 'dream sense perceptions' processed by other people? How do we even begin to accurately describe these conditions? What is their meaning? What is their value?
I am an extremely emotional/empathetic person so I hardly ever find myself in an observing role. I'm usually right in the thick of things. Often I will wake myself up because of my strong emotions, whether it be fear, sadness or even laughter (my Boyfriend is used to it by now :) And I still feel that emotion long after I've woken up and started my day. My dreams are very sensual too, I even can remember the way something felt to-the-touch or how a room smelled. Often I dream of a social conflict and it is my job to help. Other times I dream of conflict between animals but it is pretty much the same. I very rarely have action-packed or journey dreams. And sometimes I have horrifying poltergeist dreams and I'm trapped inside a house. My dreams are filled with people I know or who have seen on television.
To love is Divine

Alluvion
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Post by Alluvion » Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:16 am

I was thinking about how to talk about the way my dreams seem to 'flow' the physis of the psyche, so to speak - and it seems that the best way to describe the 'laws' of dream time&space is to consider that the connotative and emotional aspects are primary, so the images and sense data from waking life is transposed with unconscious symbols and an unconscious 'grammar' so to speak, so that time and space serve the emotional/connotative impact more than the 'laws' of the waking state world.

This suggests the 'working' center of the dream utilizes the collapse and virtual/conceptual fluidity of the unconscious and dream state to manipulate said virtual elements/conditions/perceptions so they fit something emotional and so knowable, or symbolic and so knowable (though perhaps at first only irrational and ineffable).

Experiences like flying or moving through walls, or intense and rapid shifts in scale are par for the course because they serve a non-verbal (though probably linguistic) narrative better. But perhaps after a lifetime of dream analysis, review and partnership the nature of the dream-communication changes into something more linguistically consistent (in terms of scales/symbols/connotations) in which case denotation becomes available. I guess that would depend on the relationship one cultivates with the unconscious.

polonious21
Cognitor
Cognitor

Post by polonious21 » Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:41 pm

Whenever I fly in a dream it is never like I just take off all of a sudden. I have to really think about it. Concentrate my energy and it's more like I release the hold of gravity. It's the same with breathing underwater in dreams. I can do it but only with lots of concentration. It's like I'm a novice sorceress just learning to use my powers. BTW I haven't had one of those dreams in quite a while.
To love is Divine

LoneBear
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Post by LoneBear » Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:23 am

polonious21 wrote:Whenever I fly in a dream it is never like I just take off all of a sudden. I have to really think about it. Concentrate my energy and it's more like I release the hold of gravity.
For me it was a running take-off. I'd start running, and bending forward, lower to the ground for better speed. Keep taking larger and larger steps, until you don't have to step anymore.

Some times I would just find myself floating up in the treetops, kind of hanging on to the branches.

Ever see the film, Explorers, with the kids who build a space ship? That brought back a lot of memories for me.

BlueEagle
Centurio
Centurio

Post by BlueEagle » Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:03 pm

Most of my dreams are a mix of sci fi shows that I've watched and mundane stuff. Like I will be at school, and then Yoda will show up, or in my latest one, I was reading a book with my parents sitting with me, and then I walk out the living room to the bridge of Babylon 5.

My flying dreams usually consist of falling great distances. Which is pretty fun.

polonious21
Cognitor
Cognitor

Post by polonious21 » Mon Jul 21, 2008 4:13 pm

BlueEagle wrote:My flying dreams usually consist of falling great distances. Which is pretty fun.
I have falling dreams too except not as fun. I have a big fear of falling especially from ledges and stuff. When I was little I used to have this re-occurring dream that a giant picked me up and was carrying me through the city. My dad shows up in the middle of the street and the giant drops me. I never found out if he caught me or not because I would always wake up just before the moment of knowing.
To love is Divine

LoneBear
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Post by LoneBear » Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:27 pm

BlueEagle wrote:My flying dreams usually consist of falling great distances. Which is pretty fun.
Don't you burn up in the atmosphere? :)

Let's just hope that dream isn't prophetic, given you're going to be in an airplane over the Atlantic tomorrow!
polonious21 wrote:I have falling dreams too except not as fun. I have a big fear of falling especially from ledges and stuff. When I was little I used to have this re-occurring dream that a giant picked me up and was carrying me through the city. My dad shows up in the middle of the street and the giant drops me. I never found out if he caught me or not because I would always wake up just before the moment of knowing.
Interesting motif... almost the same as "King Kong" (1933 film), with you as Ann Darrow and your dad as Carl Denham. Had any desires to climb to the top of the Empire State Building?

Alluvion
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Post by Alluvion » Tue Jul 22, 2008 4:20 pm

I've had a mix of flying narratives: arm flapping, soaring, falling, concentrating and 'breaking the rules' (a glitch in the Matrix), etc.

Vishnu
Discens
Discens

Post by Vishnu » Sat Aug 16, 2008 1:00 pm

First off, hi everybody! I've heard a lot about Bruce from Gopi. This is my first post here. I took my time in bringing myself in here because I had to first make sure of what I was exactly looking for.

Since I've had some really great vivid dreams, I'll begin my posts here with my dream experiences of flying.

My first such flight (that I remember) was the fastest one I've ever had. I had wings that had a HUGE span and I swept over forests and rivers with such great speed.. I got see tree tops whiz past me way below. Then I saw this huge underground canal kind of place into which I dived.. I came out on the other side through a cave where there was a dead body of a bald man and some police and people stood at the mouth of the cave. They did not notice me leave, because I was now in human form.

The other flight that I remember was in the form of a crow and I had my father also fly beside me. I was on his wings in the beginning but I flew on my own soon and alighted on top of a pineapple at a fruit market. When I did land on the fruit, I didn't know for sure if I was a crow or a human and dad was nowhere to be seen. (I don't share a great relationship with my dad in real life)

Apart from flights of this kind, I once had this experience after preparing for a relativity examination. I wasn't feeling sleepy but I went to bed at around 2 am since I had to write the exam at 8am. So I had to get myself to sleep. As soon as I closed my eyes ( you have to note that I WASN"T sleepy), my body started shaking vigorously.. and I knew I was travelling at speeds close to the speed of light and I could feel something in my face, but it was not the normal "wind" that you feel in your face when, say, your vehicle is moving fast.. What was most frightening was the screams... LOUD, HIGH PITCHED screams in my ear.. I knew I wasn't sleeping and I wanted to get up but some force held me down and I couldn't get myself to open my eyes either. I was so scared that I decided to just turn off.. and I just disconnected. The next thing I remember was waking up in the morning..

Another dream that I vividly remember is of me escaping from a fast car. I was crossing this little road in my hometown when I suddenly see a car approaching me at a real high speed. I close my eyes and turn about my axis.. I see a brilliant white light. The next thing I know, I'm lying in the gutter, with a huge sword like wound across my chest.. rather, below the chest. I feel no pain though I see the blood and the wound. I'm scared people would notice.. so I wait for the water in the gutter to sweep me away to a quieter place. I leave the gutter when I reach a place with paddy fields around it.

I once had a dream in which Gopi was sitting in the balcony near my room. He was working on a laptop and the laptop suddenly falls over the railing and falls down 3 storeys. Gopi looks at me and says "I'll go fetch it" and dives off from the balcony!! I rush and look down but see no trace of him. Some time later , I see him sitting on the stadium stairs and he acts as if nothing untoward had happened..
After I had this dream, I received news from back home that a classmate of mine named Gopi had been killed in a car accident.. but I don't know if this dream had anything to do with it.

I'd like to know what you guys make of these dreams. Bruce, I'd also like to read up (from the beginning/basics) about the Elder race. I need to see if things make sense to me..

-Vishnu

Vishnu
Discens
Discens

Post by Vishnu » Sat Aug 16, 2008 1:04 pm

Ah, one more important dream that I forgot to mention:

I went into the restroom to pee. I flush, wash my hands and my mind was occupied with something that I forgot that there was a door which I had to open to get out of the room. I walk through the door and I feel strange. I come out and realize that I had just walked through a door!!

After this dream, I spent a day in the library trying to put my finger through the steel bookshelves. I came to the conclusion that it could be possible.. with a lot of practice and dedication, maybe something that one could attain with constant practice and meditation maybe for years on end.. I somehow have come to believe that even in human form, we can bring ourselves to d seemingly "out of the world" feats..

Vishnu
Discens
Discens

Post by Vishnu » Sat Aug 16, 2008 1:09 pm

I just have to tell you about one more dream.

I didn't exactly SEE this dream... I heard it!

It was a song, sung by a choir..I only remember some words and very little of the chorus and the wonderful harmonies that I heard.

The words had these:

There is a river, a blue river
There is a sun god in his way. (These were part of the chorus)

The main verse had these:

------------- hcross (the symbol for ang mom) and the verse had lines that ended with words that rhymed with this and which had this in alternate lines.

So this was one dream in which I didn't see a thing, but heard a song.

Vishnu
Discens
Discens

Post by Vishnu » Sat Aug 16, 2008 1:14 pm

sorry for the tech mistake.. its not a just a symbol..its just the reduced planck constant related to quantization.

And sorry for spamming! :twisted:

LoneBear
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Post by LoneBear » Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:24 pm

Vishnu wrote:First off, hi everybody! I've heard a lot about Bruce from Gopi. This is my first post here. I took my time in bringing myself in here because I had to first make sure of what I was exactly looking for.
And I've heard a lot about you from Gopi! Welcome aboard. Everyone's path is unique; I hope you at least found a piece of what you are looking for.
Vishnu wrote:My first such flight (that I remember) was the fastest one I've ever had. I had wings that had a HUGE span and I swept over forests and rivers with such great speed.. I got see tree tops whiz past me way below.
I assume you are a student of the Vedas, like Gopi? From many discussions, we've noticed that the eastern symbolism is more nature-based; for me, this kind of dream would have been in an Atlantean puddle-jumper!

Do you recall how you got off the ground? What initiated the flight?
Vishnu wrote:What was most frightening was the screams... LOUD, HIGH PITCHED screams in my ear.
If you account for Doppler shift of the frequencies due to velocity, what would they actually have sounded like? Wondering if you were moving quickly, or you were relatively stationary and the passage of time had change rate?
Vishnu wrote:I knew I wasn't sleeping and I wanted to get up but some force held me down and I couldn't get myself to open my eyes either. I was so scared that I decided to just turn off.. and I just disconnected. The next thing I remember was waking up in the morning.
The force holding you down was probably sleep paralysis; something the body does when it knows the mind is going to experience something "interesting" that it might interpret as "real" and physically react to it, which could cause it damage. When one becomes conscious outside of the normal waking path, they wake paralyzed. It does indicate, though, that you were probably somewhere in the Astral plane at the time.
Vishnu wrote:Gopi looks at me and says "I'll go fetch it" and dives off from the balcony!! I rush and look down but see no trace of him. Some time later , I see him sitting on the stadium stairs and he acts as if nothing untoward had happened..
After I had this dream, I received news from back home that a classmate of mine named Gopi had been killed in a car accident.. but I don't know if this dream had anything to do with it.
Interesting how you had a dream about being hit by a car and ending up in the gutter; dreams tend to correlate in coordinate time, not space, so dreams that are closely related are not normally consecutive in time.
Vishnu wrote:I'd like to know what you guys make of these dreams. Bruce, I'd also like to read up (from the beginning/basics) about the Elder race. I need to see if things make sense to me..
I would recommend reading some of George Hunt-Williamson's material in the Library on the main site, or browse these forums. Please feel free to ask any questions.

Alluvion
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Post by Alluvion » Sat Aug 16, 2008 10:02 pm

Vishnu wrote:First off, hi everybody! I've heard a lot about Bruce from Gopi. This is my first post here. I took my time in bringing myself in here because I had to first make sure of what I was exactly looking for.
Welcome.
Vishnu wrote: Since I've had some really great vivid dreams, I'll begin my posts here with my dream experiences of flying.

My first such flight (that I remember) was the fastest one I've ever had. I had wings that had a HUGE span and I swept over forests and rivers with such great speed.. I got see tree tops whiz past me way below. Then I saw this huge underground canal kind of place into which I dived.. I came out on the other side through a cave where there was a dead body of a bald man and some police and people stood at the mouth of the cave. They did not notice me leave, because I was now in human form.
contexts, actions and figures are good places to begin investigating the message your unconscious is trying to get across to you. Consider what the context means to you - the wilds of the forest, nature without civilization. First figure you mention is you - what part of you is this? your ego? anima? animus? shadow? etc. The combination of police (figures), context (a cave) and the bald, dead man (figure) are good places to start decoding the fine-tuning of the message. It does seem to matter that, when interpreting the message of dreams, you can operate through the message at multiple scales - one has to be sensitive to the 'sensation' of 'knowing' that affirms meaning.
Vishnu wrote: The other flight that I remember was in the form of a crow and I had my father also fly beside me. I was on his wings in the beginning but I flew on my own soon and alighted on top of a pineapple at a fruit market. When I did land on the fruit, I didn't know for sure if I was a crow or a human and dad was nowhere to be seen. (I don't share a great relationship with my dad in real life)
Sounds like you've got enough of a foothold on that one.

Vishnu wrote: Apart from flights of this kind, I once had this experience after preparing for a relativity examination. I wasn't feeling sleepy but I went to bed at around 2 am since I had to write the exam at 8am. So I had to get myself to sleep. As soon as I closed my eyes ( you have to note that I WASN"T sleepy), my body started shaking vigorously.. and I knew I was travelling at speeds close to the speed of light and I could feel something in my face, but it was not the normal "wind" that you feel in your face when, say, your vehicle is moving fast.. What was most frightening was the screams... LOUD, HIGH PITCHED screams in my ear.. I knew I wasn't sleeping and I wanted to get up but some force held me down and I couldn't get myself to open my eyes either. I was so scared that I decided to just turn off.. and I just disconnected. The next thing I remember was waking up in the morning..
I've never heard the sounds or the screaming - but shaking/vibrating, yep - but its been only a few times in my life and it was a conscious attempt to relax my body but not my attention and project astrally. I've gotten quite close but I find my body paralyzing/tensing, and my attention shifts to that in an effort to relax further. The vibrations are kind of 'exciting', on many levels, so I usually can't sustain them through to whatever climax they might reach.

Vishnu wrote: Another dream that I vividly remember is of me escaping from a fast car. I was crossing this little road in my hometown when I suddenly see a car approaching me at a real high speed. I close my eyes and turn about my axis.. I see a brilliant white light. The next thing I know, I'm lying in the gutter, with a huge sword like wound across my chest.. rather, below the chest. I feel no pain though I see the blood and the wound. I'm scared people would notice.. so I wait for the water in the gutter to sweep me away to a quieter place. I leave the gutter when I reach a place with paddy fields around it.
Bah - dreams like this confound me! When the images are in fantastical contrast its much easier to just 'get' to an interpretation, but this seems like such a one liner I have a had time finding a place to 'dig' into it.
Vishnu wrote: I once had a dream in which Gopi was sitting in the balcony near my room. He was working on a laptop and the laptop suddenly falls over the railing and falls down 3 storeys. Gopi looks at me and says "I'll go fetch it" and dives off from the balcony!! I rush and look down but see no trace of him. Some time later , I see him sitting on the stadium stairs and he acts as if nothing untoward had happened..
Again - welcome!

Vishnu
Discens
Discens

Post by Vishnu » Sat Aug 16, 2008 10:06 pm

LoneBear wrote:I assume you are a student of the Vedas, like Gopi? From many discussions, we've noticed that the eastern symbolism is more nature-based; for me, this kind of dream would have been in an Atlantean puddle-jumper!
No, I haven't read the vedas, but I'd be interested. I intend to.

Another nature based dream I had was an exotic swim in a turquoise blue river.. I swam alongside a crocodile down a tributary and joined the main river,.. then kept swimming until I got to this "junction" where on the banks, there was this slide kind of thing that you find in amusement parks. I get on it, slide down at a high speed back into the river.. and continue swimming. I continue swimming until the water gives way to a road that goes up a bridge.
I don't remember if I had a companion who swam with me.. I should have written down the dream.

Another dream I had was:
Space was composed of these little spherical ball shaped points which were vibrating. The frequency of the sound that they made was something that didn't feel right to me. I somehow got the idea that to "purify" the universe, I had to go personally to each of these points and tune them to the frequency of a D note on the piano (base freq). That was a tiring task indeed!

LoneBear wrote: Do you recall how you got off the ground? What initiated the flight?
I don't think I remember that so well.. I would imagine jumping off from a real high place and then just flying off.. About the flight over the forests, I really don't remember the beginning of the flight at all. In the crow case, I think I might have ran first..its just a hunch, am not sure.

Vishnu wrote:I'd like to know what you guys make of these dreams. Bruce, I'd also like to read up (from the beginning/basics) about the Elder race. I need to see if things make sense to me..
LoneBear wrote:I would recommend reading some of George Hunt-Williamson's material in the Library on the main site, or browse these forums. Please feel free to ask any questions.
I will, thanks! The thing is, over the past few years, a lot of what Gopi told me now seems "plausible" to me. I have been yearning for some time to myself..haven't been able to spend enough time with myself so far.

LoneBear
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Post by LoneBear » Sun Aug 17, 2008 11:23 pm

Vishnu wrote:Another nature based dream I had was an exotic swim in a turquoise blue river.. I swam alongside a crocodile down a tributary and joined the main river,.. then kept swimming until I got to this "junction" where on the banks, there was this slide kind of thing that you find in amusement parks. I get on it, slide down at a high speed back into the river.. and continue swimming. I continue swimming until the water gives way to a road that goes up a bridge.
Blue, in general, is the color of "truth". Crocodiles are guardians of "doorways", since they can move between the 'tween between land and water. Still going with the flow, eh? :-)
Vishnu wrote:Space was composed of these little spherical ball shaped points which were vibrating. The frequency of the sound that they made was something that didn't feel right to me. I somehow got the idea that to "purify" the universe, I had to go personally to each of these points and tune them to the frequency of a D note on the piano (base freq). That was a tiring task indeed!
The "Music of the Spheres", quite literally! Seems to be collective symbology, similar to the Borg of Star Trek or the beehive, where everyone must buzz at the same frequency to please the Queen. "D" is interesting in the fact that the octave break usually occurs at "C"; anything important about that note or key?
Vishnu wrote:I will, thanks! The thing is, over the past few years, a lot of what Gopi told me now seems "plausible" to me. I have been yearning for some time to myself..haven't been able to spend enough time with myself so far.
Be careful of what you wish for--you might get it. That's an old trick of the Djinn and Oracles... give someone EXACTLY what they ask for, which they learn to regret!

Vishnu
Discens
Discens

Post by Vishnu » Sun Aug 17, 2008 11:40 pm

LoneBear wrote:The "Music of the Spheres", quite literally! Seems to be collective symbology, similar to the Borg of Star Trek or the beehive, where everyone must buzz at the same frequency to please the Queen. "D" is interesting in the fact that the octave break usually occurs at "C"; anything important about that note or key?
I don't understand what you mean by an octave break. One octave is just one note to another whose base frequency is twice the base frequency of the starting note (I say base frequency because each note is composed of a lot of frequencies and when you normally talk about the frequency of the note, you normally refer to the lowest frequency present in the note called the fundamental freq). So there is no absolute definition for an "octave break". One octave is 12 semitones from the starting note. So if you start on a C, you end up on the higher C, if you start on a D , you end up on the higher D.

About the importance of the note D, I guess we might have to refer to books on healing through sound, etc. They talk of each frequency acting on a different chakra..

LoneBear wrote:Be careful of what you wish for--you might get it. That's an old trick of the Djinn and Oracles... give someone EXACTLY what they ask for, which they learn to regret!
I am aware of this. My girlfriend once told me about the ouija board. After I listened to her experience, I asked her to stay away from it because the subconscious mind, it appeared to me, is powerful enough to guide us in such a way that what we wish for, even while fiddling around with something like an ouija board, might come true. True enough, I found cases on the internet where a boy had "been told" that he'd die on his 17th bday and sure enough, his parents bought him a bike on his 17th birthday and he met with an accident. I'm pretty positive he did it to himself. So yes, I am careful!

Vishnu
Discens
Discens

Post by Vishnu » Sun Aug 17, 2008 11:50 pm

LoneBear wrote:Still going with the flow, eh? :-)
I guess so, and it hurts.. I'm dying to turn around.

I intend to get married to my girlfriend next year. I need it badly to remain grounded in the reality of my human existence. She helped me through some difficult stages while I was here in IIT when I wanted to drop out and go do music. I didn't have the guts to at that time and because of the dichotomy inside me, I wasn't doing well in college either. Then she entered my life in a big way and it kept me going,.. and she is "down to earth" and keeps reminding me of it and I believe its something I need. Sometimes it keeps me from doing things that I really need to do but I hope to set that right once she gets used to things.. and I hope to do things in such a way that I don't ever lose her.

What I wish for is a better understanding of an absolute truth that I believe exists.

LoneBear
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Post by LoneBear » Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:51 am

Vishnu wrote:I don't understand what you mean by an octave break. One octave is just one note to another whose base frequency is twice the base frequency of the starting note
I was raised in a family of pianists, and was forced to take piano lessons when a kid. On a piano, that classic octave break is between B and C.

Couple years ago, David Wilcock and I were comparing that "classic" octave to the density structure proposed by Ra. It is curious that when you set the 1st density at "C", there is no "black note" between E and F -- and curiously, that is also where the Veil of Forgetting is located. Then again, when reaching the B/C break, you have the Veil between "octaves" of the Universe. Almost as though you need those "black keys" as crossover points; kind of like linkages between densities.
Vishnu wrote:I am aware of this. My girlfriend once told me about the ouija board. After I listened to her experience, I asked her to stay away from it because the subconscious mind, it appeared to me, is powerful enough to guide us in such a way that what we wish for, even while fiddling around with something like an ouija board, might come true.
It is not always the subconscious mind at work. As you've probably heard Gopi mention, since I say it all the time, "The Universe is happy to do exactly what you want." Problem is, most people don't consider the consequences of their actions.

And as the King of the Seelie Court says, "Three wishes I grant ya, three wishes are small; but make a fourth wish and you lose them all!"
Vishnu wrote:I guess so, and it hurts.. I'm dying to turn around.
Uh oh... another wish! A lot of times when people DO turn around, they don't like what they see. Kind of like the Matrix films; that blue pill can really mess up your life. Right now, you're still in the safe zone--you can take a peek and then forget. But there does come a time where you can't turn back. Fortunately, the Universe does provide lots of safety valves and exit ramps around that area. So, I'd recommend you take a peek... the way to turn your head is based in psychology--you need to see a bit of that unconscious content.
Vishnu wrote:What I wish for is a better understanding of an absolute truth that I believe exists.
The only absolute truth I'm aware of is that the only constant is change.

Vishnu
Discens
Discens

Post by Vishnu » Mon Aug 18, 2008 3:38 am

LoneBear wrote:Be careful of what you wish for--you might get it. That's an old trick of the Djinn and Oracles... give someone EXACTLY what they ask for, which they learn to regret!
I have this problem of imagining really tragic things happening to my loved ones.. I take pleasure in grieving, at least in my imagination.. I sometimes am worried that if I do too much of this, something may actually happen..

Arcelius
Atriensis
Atriensis

Post by Arcelius » Mon Aug 18, 2008 4:35 pm

LoneBear wrote:
Vishnu wrote:I don't understand what you mean by an octave break. One octave is just one note to another whose base frequency is twice the base frequency of the starting note
I was raised in a family of pianists, and was forced to take piano lessons when a kid. On a piano, that classic octave break is between B and C.

Couple years ago, David Wilcock and I were comparing that "classic" octave to the density structure proposed by Ra. It is curious that when you set the 1st density at "C", there is no "black note" between E and F -- and curiously, that is also where the Veil of Forgetting is located. Then again, when reaching the B/C break, you have the Veil between "octaves" of the Universe. Almost as though you need those "black keys" as crossover points; kind of like linkages between densities.
I find it interesting that the break is at "C" and not at "A" which is the first note and also typically the only note that does not involve a fractional frequency (e.g. 55, 110, 220, 440, 880, etc). If "A" represents 1st density, then "C" represents 3rd density. There is no black note between "B" and "C" where the veil would be (i.e. just after 2nd density and before 3rd density -- if "C" is 1st density, then "E" is 3rd density and "F" is 4th density) When "C" is 3rd density, then "E" is 5th density and "F" is 6th density. Perhaps this has something to do with attaining unity. The first missing black note represents the beginning of STO/STS and the second representing the end perhaps.

As well, we are in 3rd density so it seems appropriate that musicians have thought that the best octave break is at "C" and not any other note. "D" may then represent 4th density. Perhaps 4th density music will have "D" as the typical octave break.