The Building and Location thread

The Institute is a non-profit, educational institution for the public promotion of the ideas and concepts put forth within the context of the Sanctuary Project. This forum is to discuss the structure of the Institute, requirements and the teach/learn and learn/teach systems.
Andrew
Centurio
Centurio

Post by Andrew » Fri Nov 04, 2016 1:33 pm

This thread will serve as a visionboard for the school's creation. Feel free to post any pictures of any elements you would like to see in a school. I prefer a castle, as opposed to a formal, institute look, like in X-Men.
Attachments
25-Polish-Hogwarts-Pictures-17.jpg
Interior - Great Hall - around 50 people shown
25-Polish-Hogwarts-Pictures-02.jpg
Entrance - Daytime
25-Polish-Hogwarts-Pictures-01.jpg
Entrance with posts - Cloudy
Last edited by Andrew on Fri Nov 04, 2016 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Classical historians traditionally dismiss tales of magic as unworthy of scholarly attention, but to us any mention of a witch's broomstick or wizard's wand evokes the smell of a scientist's laboratory." The Sphinx and the Megaliths

Andrew
Centurio
Centurio

Post by Andrew » Fri Nov 04, 2016 1:36 pm

Page two of pictures (limit 3 per post.)
Attachments
Title-Image1.jpg
Authentic classrooms, yet practical. Potions, anybody?
26096567-The-inner-courtyard-of-the-Corvin-castle-in-Transylvania-Romania-Stock-Photo.jpg
Outer courtyard
13245596.jpg
Inner courtyard
Last edited by Andrew on Fri Nov 04, 2016 2:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Classical historians traditionally dismiss tales of magic as unworthy of scholarly attention, but to us any mention of a witch's broomstick or wizard's wand evokes the smell of a scientist's laboratory." The Sphinx and the Megaliths

Andrew
Centurio
Centurio

Post by Andrew » Fri Nov 04, 2016 1:44 pm

I'm going for majestic with the castle. And so it is appropriate the environment be equally as awe-inspiring. I found this location, and wanted your thoughts on it. I feel a great lake is necessary, and with the mountainous landscape, plus being secluded, and the location can be reached by boat, I feel it has a lot of desirable features. I'm not sure how the terrain is behind the picture-taker, but the building can adapt or terrain adjustments can be made. 19.85 acres equals 864,666 sq. ft to play with. Should be enough.

1 North Shore, Manson, WA

This builder is still in business and has videos and pictures of his team's work in building castles. CastleMagic

Here is also a list of 300 known castles in the USA by state. List

Andrew
Centurio
Centurio

Post by Andrew » Fri Nov 04, 2016 1:57 pm

I just remembered we're going to need farmland too, so it might not be desirable to establish on a mountainside. This property is beautiful too, but I don't know how I feel about it being in Montana. It would be secluded.

Anaconda, Deer Lodge County, Montana

Lozion
Cellarius
Cellarius

Re: The Building and Location thread

Post by Lozion » Fri Nov 04, 2016 3:45 pm

What school are you talking about?
In rapport we thrive, in rivalry we strive.

Andrew
Centurio
Centurio

Re: The Building and Location thread

Post by Andrew » Fri Nov 04, 2016 3:59 pm

A school of magic, like the Institute is detailed in this subforum and elsewhere, like the Common Courtesy thread.