Hidden Messages

Kheb is a monastery, remote but not secluded, where people can have an alternative to the mercantile system that is imposed upon society by our political and educational institutions. It is a physical PLACE, and this topic is to discuss the facilities, structures, accommodations, and other physical constructs needed to successfully implement the ideas behind the Sanctuary Project, as well as the "political" structures of a new type of monastic system.
joeyv23
Atriensis
Atriensis

Re: Hidden Messages

Post by joeyv23 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:33 pm

animus wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:59 am
joeyv23 wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:00 pm
One of the things that has been discussed here among us outside of the forum is the distinction between the Cosmic Sector and Other Realm. A great deal of misunderstanding occurs when these concepts begin to bleed over and into each other in our minds.
Cosmic Sector = Agartha + Tartarus
Other Realm = Agartha
?
Cosmic Sector = Agartha
Other Realm = Something beyond the two sectors that effects both

The Other Realm is something we can experience from our waking or sleep states. The Cosmic Sector isn't--yet. When we dream we're experiencing equivalent time which isn't, itself, the Cosmic Sector. To follow the line of reasoning, this means that the Other Realm is experienced in the Cosmic Sector in a similar fashion, and given that it exists "outside" both, it's 'beyond' the scope of the two. At least that's what my mind has a grasp on currently. I'm sure there's room for a more technical understanding.
"Living is not necessary, but navigation is." --Pompey
"Navigation is necessary in order to live." --Me

LoneBear
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Post by LoneBear » Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:06 pm

animus wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:59 am
Cosmic Sector = Agartha + Tartarus
Other Realm = Agartha
?
You have to understand it in terms of Beyond Space and Time (Larson's last book)...

Level 1 (inanimate):
  • yang: material sector (s3t)
  • yin: cosmic sector (t3s)
Level 2 (animate, biologic):
  • yang: Mortal realm (existence from the inner sun to the gravitational limit). This includes the surface Earth, the atmosphere, the subterranean realms and Hades.
  • yin: Other realm (existence from the inner sun to the inverse gravitational limit). This includes Agartha, its atmosphere and subterranean realm and Tartarus.
The sectors are constructed on atoms and particles; the realms are constructed with life units.
4 8 15 16 23 42

Arcelius
Atriensis
Atriensis

Post by Arcelius » Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:31 pm

joeyv23 wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:33 pm
... Are you saying that Larson's observations lead to the "we are the universe" idea? I haven't read all of Beyond Space and Time yet so if he came to that conclusion and I haven't made it there yet, that's fine - I just haven't seen yet that this was where his lines of reasoning were headed.
I have read very little of Larsen (yet) though both LoneBear and Gopi have been very helpful in my understanding of RS (and RS2) theory. I don't think he comes to that conclusion and I am not at all saying that he does. I am saying that by expanding our (human) observational ability and understanding that we may eventually conclude that the "we are the universe" idea is true (or not). Until we actually do so though, it is just an abstract idea which can be believed or not. For myself, whether that idea is true or not is secondary as to where it comes from, externally given or internally concluded. I tend to favour the later over the former (as interesting as many ideas are).
joeyv23 wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:33 pm
The thing about Delenn, and any other species coming from any sci-fi or fantasy show... These are products filtered through human mind. I see what's presented from that character less as something actually alien so much as something of a human construct being presented as foreign, because by and large the concepts were - at the time of the shows airing - quite foreign to society at large.
I do agree that the philosophies presented through media are filtered through the human consciousness. I also consider that there has been significant tinkering with this world (including with humans) from non-natives. What exactly is human and what is alien? I find it easier to deal with people who are themselves and then the question doesn't matter so much.