Agragami as Hogwarts-I

Kheb is a monastery, remote but not secluded, where people can have an alternative to the mercantile system that is imposed upon society by our political and educational institutions. It is a physical PLACE, and this topic is to discuss the facilities, structures, accommodations, and other physical constructs needed to successfully implement the ideas behind the Sanctuary Project, as well as the "political" structures of a new type of monastic system.
Gopi
Atriensis
Atriensis

Agragami as Hogwarts-I

Post by Gopi » Wed Oct 01, 2008 3:01 pm

I was wondering about this idea for a while...

What we require as a starting point to our teaching efforts, is a school of sorts... or at least a decent building to start with, and then as the number of people increase, pool resources to set up something outside city life. In here, the general ambiance in the suburbs is pretty good.

Currently Satish Chandra has been involved with many things, one of which is to set up a place for learning Vedas, the real stuff. What if I coordinate with him to utilize his University (Agragami College) as a starting point for some classes? It will accomplish two things in one go... I can primarily get the classes and the people together, and be able to teach AND learn.

It would also make it easier to focus on building Sanctuary outside my country.
It is time.