Dictionaries

The Central Information system is envisioned at a repository of information and experience, from library books for general reading, a computer database to map topics and indices of the materials available, and interactive computer programs and instructional video “how-to's” to relate what we have learned, in sufficient detail that the system can almost become self-instructive.
joeyv23
Atriensis
Atriensis

Dictionaries

Post by joeyv23 » Mon May 02, 2016 11:08 am

I came across this Nahuatl dictionary on my facebook news feed and thought to share it here. Perhaps someone might be able to put it to good use.
Natives of the American Continent wrote: (possibly) The largest modern Nahuatl dictionary ever has just been released to the public.

This dictionary is also the first monolingual dictionary of a North American indigenous language.

Based on the Huasteca variety.
Attachments
dic.compressed-7fb5c116-6b1f-45c1-8eda-c7175d26b35b.pdf
(3.03 MiB) Downloaded 72 times
Last edited by joeyv23 on Tue May 17, 2016 1:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Living is not necessary, but navigation is." --Pompey
"Navigation is necessary in order to live." --Me

animus
Centurio
Centurio

Re: Nahuatl Dictionary

Post by animus » Sun May 15, 2016 11:43 am

Perhaps this thread might fit into the stage 2 forum, if we start a collection of digitalized dictionaries, free to download.

Here are the classics of Latin:
Lewis and Short, A new Latin Dictionary (various file formats available, pdf is ~400mb)
William Whitaker's WORDS from the University of Notre Dame (executabe program, no installation required)

When I search for Oxford Latin Dictionary pdf google's first result directs me to a downloadable pdf file (~320mb).
But I wonder how it's still available (upload was 31.10.12) because I don't remember the book to be free of cost...

Of course there are also various online dictionaries of which I only know the Latin-German ones. My bet is, somebody has already done the tedious work of collecting all those links. If not, the list from Wikipedia seems to be good start.

LoneBear
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Re: Nahuatl Dictionary

Post by LoneBear » Sun May 15, 2016 12:42 pm

I have a collection of dictionaries on the Antiquatis library. Always looking for more.

Personally, I think the best of the bunch is The Devil's Dictionary. Not what you think!
4 8 15 16 23 42

joeyv23
Atriensis
Atriensis

Re: Dictionaries

Post by joeyv23 » Tue May 17, 2016 1:54 am

animus wrote: Perhaps this thread might fit into the stage 2 forum, if we start a collection of digitalized dictionaries, free to download.
Good idea. I've edited the title of the thread so as to broaden the potential subject matter of the discussion as has been suggested and hereby request the thread be moved to the Stage 2: Central Information subfora of the Sanctuary Project Forum.
"Living is not necessary, but navigation is." --Pompey
"Navigation is necessary in order to live." --Me

animus
Centurio
Centurio

Dictionaries: Romani

Post by animus » Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:14 pm

ROMLEX documents the Romani lexicon. It gives users an opportunity to consult materials in different dialects of Romani, and to obtain translations into different languages.
ROMLEX is not a Romani dictionary in the usual sense. ROMLEX is a lexical database. It contains data that are representative of the variation in the lexicon of all Romani dialects, and offers almost complete coverage of the basic lexicon of the Romani language.

http://romani.kfunigraz.ac.at/romlex/lex.xml

This is the most comprehensive dictionary/database that I could find for the Romani language. It translates mostly into English and German. Here is some basic information on the various dialects from the same website and here you can see the amount of words for each dialect, currently ranging from 1,000 to 11,000 words in total.