Redundancy and "Information" as a Projective Geometry

The Central Information system is envisioned at a repository of information and experience, from library books for general reading, a computer database to map topics and indices of the materials available, and interactive computer programs and instructional video “how-to's” to relate what we have learned, in sufficient detail that the system can almost become self-instructive.
LoneBear
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Redundancy and "Information" as a Projective Geometry

Post by LoneBear » Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:39 am

I was watching Stargate Atlantis a while back, an episode where they were preparing to destroy the city to keep it from the Wraith--one of the problems they faced was wiping out the computer database, so the Wraith could not get information about Earth. The problem with the ancient computers was that the way they stored information was highly redundant. The concept stuck with me... conventional computers are only redundant at the hardware level. RAID mirrorsets to duplicate data stored on hard drives, multiple cpus and memory channels, etc. Data, itself, is not redundant which is why computers are so vulnerable to viruses.

Been thinking about how data could be made redundant--not duplicate. In other words, the same information represented several different ways, so that if a particular representation was destroyed by a virus or something, it could be recreated from the redundant information.

Consider, for example, your login account on this forum. It contains your username, numeric identifier and some profile information. If that record gets destroyed, everything known about you is gone, except from information contained in the posts that have been made--others will have used your username in quotations, you may have discussed personal topics that also contain information that existed in your profile. By looking around through your interactions, the initial login information can be recreated from this redundancy.

That brought me to the conclusion that information, like everything else in a universe of motion, contains both a local and non-local aspect. In the example, the "local" information is the user record in the database, containing the hard facts in one place. The non-local information is the same information, spread out over the forum posts. What is missing on the computer side are the associations between the local and non-local information. We can do it in our heads, because we get to "know someone," so we can infer information based on posts. A search can tell you where "lone bear" is used in posts, but there is no hard connection to my actual, user profile (in most cases). And there is no way to tell if "lone bear" refers to my user account, or to a bear that is by himself somewhere on the planet.

I'm starting to see information as a kind of projective geometry of its own...
Points = localized information, like the user/profile.
Planes = non-localized information, the references in the forum posts.
Lines = associations between local and non-local information, like a clickable URL to my user profile from inside a post.

Information follows the same basic structure as its geometric counterparts, right down to "archetypes" being analogous to an invariant, cross-ratio--the archetypal influence is the same, no matter how deep into a psychological projection one goes.

Thought it might be worth investigating, as it could define a different way to represent information electronically.

Obzistian
Centurio
Centurio

Re: Redundancy and "Information" as a Projective Geometry

Post by Obzistian » Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:13 am

SOMETHING THAT "POPPED OUT" AT ME WHEN I READ THIS WAS 'DIGITAL GENETIC CODE'.
THE INFORMATION WOULD THEN BE REDUNDANT IN MANY LAYERS AND BE ABLE TO
"REPLICATE" ITSELF EVEN AFTER ONE OR MORE LAYERS WERE DAMAGED(VIRUS)
A "SPIRAL CODE", IF YOU WILL.
NO CLUE HOW THIS WOULD BE DOWN, JUST AN INTUITION.
i ALSO KNOW THIS POST WAS FROM YEARS BACK AND NOT SURE WHAT PROGRESS YOU HAVE MADE.
Interactive Intelligence coordinates movement in harmony with its nature.

LoneBear
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Post by LoneBear » Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:33 pm

Obzistian wrote:SOMETHING THAT "POPPED OUT" AT ME WHEN I READ THIS WAS 'DIGITAL GENETIC CODE'.
THE INFORMATION WOULD THEN BE REDUNDANT IN MANY LAYERS AND BE ABLE TO
"REPLICATE" ITSELF EVEN AFTER ONE OR MORE LAYERS WERE DAMAGED(VIRUS)
A "SPIRAL CODE", IF YOU WILL.
NO CLUE HOW THIS WOULD BE DOWN, JUST AN INTUITION.
When I was studying cognitive systems, some interesting things came out. Computer "intelligence" required data to be redundant, in order for it to work. For example, when trying to "read" a sheet of paper and convert it to digital text, the AI system has to track many variants of the shape of each letter, for each font used. It can then generalize all those visual images into the concept of a font+letter to use as translation. (I've had a lot of experience with this lately, trying to digitize Larson's hand-typed papers... his typewriter did not have "+" sign, so he used a slash, backspace and dash to make a plus. It was just too different for the computer to recognize it, so I had to "train" the system to understand what that image represented, and now it knows and accurately identifies the plus sign.)

So computers are being design to generate redundant data, through variants.

Since they are trying to design cognitive systems based on human brains/minds, there is a lot of interesting data now available. For example, it seems that DNA actually IS a digital code to which a compression algorithm has been applied, much like a ZIP file. They are finding that when you un-ZIP a genetic code, it contains something like 40x as much information as the basic structure would lead one to believe. (It appears to be base 4, not the base 2 our computers use.) All that "junk DNA" ended up being compressed data--not junk, at all, but more like a biological version of "boot code." It may not be fully redundant, but it does have something analogous to "checksums" to verify that the transcription was correct.

When looking at this stuff, I can understand why people seek a "creator" for life, because it does show some very interesting design features that you would not expect Nature to have just developed accidentally. Or perhaps Nature is smarter than I give it credit for!
4 8 15 16 23 42

infinity
Centurio
Centurio

Post by infinity » Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:13 am

In general, I believe there's many ways to create information redundancy. Some examples:

Information Transformative Storage
Encodes/Imprints - a form of encryption or "coding" that could either be used as simple markers for a checksum validation of a piece of information, up to a "code language" that could be used so that even if a piece of information changes, its original state can be accurately deducted due to its surrounding pieces of information that forms part of the "code pattern".

Information Packaging Storage:
Hardware technologies - Holographic techs could be useful: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holographic_data_storage - Perhaps these principles are applicable in the way the information is processed before storage - i.e. not just store flat/linear info on a holographic medium, but actually make the information itself holographic.

Information Relationship Storage:
Contextualization of information in relationship of other pieces of information. For example, the way "tags" work. This is mostly used to make the access of information easier - but the information itself isn't really redundant. I think this could be retrofitted to take a chunk of information, and using certain context parameters, divide it into distinguished concepts. Each time a similar concept is used in another chunk of information, it is linked to the same concept, but the same concept is stored in both places. So the relationship between pieces of information help form a redundancy so that if a piece of information itself is gone, it can be recreated or a copy found because of its relationships to other pieces of information. This might be in a form of duplication, or it might be an organic reconstruction. Not sure we have the tech for that yet though.
"The death of dogma is the birth of morality" - Kant

Paduwan Sagar
Indagator
Indagator

Post by Paduwan Sagar » Mon May 04, 2015 8:05 am

Interesting idea. The actual information content in the current data deluge is very small. That is, the data is "sparse" in some representation (similar to how a sine wave represented in the time domain looks very dense, but is sparse in the frequency domain since it has only a single frequency). This fact can be exploited in storing and recovering data as well. Looking at it geometrically, the same set of points could convey different information when represented or analysed using different basis vectors. Choosing the right basis, we can compress or increase the redundancy in the data.

A major roadblock in exploiting redundancy, as mentioned above, is that computers cannot understand or use "approximate" information or "learn" new ways of looking at data. One of the ways to build cognitive systems is to imitate the learning process of the human brain (such a complex and amazing creation!)by simulating neural networks to train the computer to make decisions on new data by learning from sample data.
Rediscovering Myself.

LoneBear
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Post by LoneBear » Mon May 04, 2015 11:30 am

Paduwan Sagar wrote:A major roadblock in exploiting redundancy, as mentioned above, is that computers cannot understand or use "approximate" information or "learn" new ways of looking at data. One of the ways to build cognitive systems is to imitate the learning process of the human brain (such a complex and amazing creation!)by simulating neural networks to train the computer to make decisions on new data by learning from sample data.
Actually, they DO learn, approximate and abstract data. It comes as an offshoot of topic mapping and the leading software is being developed by Cycorp (sort of a silicon version of Psicorp), using the concept of microtheories (abstractions). I've been following Cyc development for some time, and what it can do with information is quite impressive. I've seen it learn how to play video games, by observing nothing but the pixels on a screen--and it learns quickly and efficiently, and after a while, cannot be defeated. (A major goal of every military on the planet.)

The problem with artificial intelligence is not one of information, but one of assumption. For example, I ask you, "what is Gopi's mom's name?"

Seems a simple enough question--but look at all the assumptions involved in locating that answer. Gopi is a common name in India, so I could be talking about any one of thousands of people. So you narrow that down by the Gopis that you have direct knowledge of, then cross-reference that with an assumption you have to make about the Gopis that I know, to see which ones are in common. I may know multiple Gopis, but you may not know that I know that. So you make an "educated guess" based on a number of assumptions, to locate the specific person we have in common as the subject of the inquiry. And it doesn't stop there, as you have to know what a "mom" is, which means a knowledge of basic genealogy and the American English language is required, as British English would say "mum." And specifically, midwestern, American English as in the south, it would be "maw" and in formal society, "mother." So you answer isn't a factual bit of information, it is just a guess based on a long string of assumptions. Computers prefer "just the facts, ma'am." (And to understand that quote, you'd need to understand my generation and the TV shows we watched, with the various catch phrases and what they mean to establish the context.)

But the single, biggest setback to making a machine think like a man is that man no longer thinks like man--he thinks like a machine. Machines have not started to think at human levels... humans have been dumbed-down to think (and act) like machines. That is why AI systems now reflect human behavior.
4 8 15 16 23 42

MrTwig
Centurio
Centurio

Post by MrTwig » Mon May 04, 2015 7:25 pm

LoneBear wrote:But the single, biggest setback to making a machine think like a man is that man no longer thinks like man--he thinks like a machine. Machines have not started to think at human levels... humans have been dumbed-down to think (and act) like machines. That is why AI systems now reflect human behavior.
I'm sorry, but I disagree. Some of humanity maybe on that path but not everyone. I believe we are far to complicated to copy. Some computer are approaching the speed of thought but the sticking point is the leap of associations we are capable of making. If you look at the robotic field they are trying to make a human type being and just can't get it right. Check out http://gizmag.com. Unless this is all smoke and mirrors there is a lot of stuff going on and it is humans doing it, not AI systems.

tymeflyz
Discens
Discens

Post by tymeflyz » Tue May 05, 2015 12:04 pm

HI just a lurker's scattered thoughts.
LoneBear wrote in -
The Representation of Knowledge
viewtopic.php?f=75&t=1248

It all seems to come down to... it's not HOW you store information, it is how you ORGANIZE it.

in the mac os an [alias] or windows type [shortcut] is a pointer to another potential association source.

so categories could be built with potential associations relating to .
But as Mr Twig just pointed out- AI lacking human creative variable fails to
render an equation nuance of non-logical input ie.. creativity.
Please color me outside the box!!

I also have wondered if goggle was[is] nsa means data base to capture and attempt to replicate this infinite human variable for AI.

daniel
Centurio
Centurio

Post by daniel » Tue May 05, 2015 6:49 pm

tymeflyz wrote:I also have wondered if goggle was[is] nsa means data base to capture and attempt to replicate this infinite human variable for AI.
Google, gmail, etc., are owned by the CIA... that information has been out for a while. It just shows how quickly people are willing to sacrifice freedom for free stuff. All the social media sites, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, etc., are data collection points for profiling people. If you think a different username/alias is protecting you, think again... your PC, phone, laptop and tablet are all tracked with unique hardware IDs called "MAC addresses," which can be used to correlate everything you post together, into a single profile. This is how they will get enough information to have computers make the proper assumptions to figure out how to interpret questions--and predict behavior. I actually find it frightening how accurate "targeted marketing" is, with just my simple Facebook social experiment.

People like to believe that they are creative and unique in the universe, but what it really comes down to is still this:
calvin-hobbes-gods-image.png
Made in Gods image
Man no longer runs machines. Machines run man. Enjoy your stay in the Matrix, open 24/7 for your personal convenience... creativity and intelligence are being bred out, bit by bit, day by day. I've watched it happen over the course of my life--and it is accelerating.
Don't ever trust the people that claim the right to rule you. --Larken Rose

MrTwig
Centurio
Centurio

Post by MrTwig » Wed May 06, 2015 8:14 pm

daniel wrote:People like to believe that they are creative and unique in the universe, but what it really comes down to is still this:
calvin-hobbes-gods-image
Man no longer runs machines. Machines run man. Enjoy your stay in the Matrix, open 24/7 for your personal convenience... creativity and intelligence are being bred out, bit by bit, day by day. I've watched it happen over the course of my life--and it is accelerating.
Well Amen Brother! Just waiting now for the finally. Gee, I thought there was a way out of here.
ch851125.gif
One of my favorites!

Ilkka
Atriensis
Atriensis

Post by Ilkka » Thu May 07, 2015 1:14 am

MrTwig wrote:Gee, I thought there was a way out of here.
Well, personal evolution/development is not a way out per se, however beneficial on the "long run".
Enjoy the Silence

LoneBear
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Post by LoneBear » Thu May 07, 2015 1:43 pm

Ilkka wrote:Well, personal evolution/development is not a way out per se, however beneficial on the "long run".
My recent experiences have given me some simple insights in to this.

How does a chick find his way out of the egg? Simple... he grows up until he is too large and strong for the egg to hold, and it cracks, because it no longer serves a purpose.

Humanity is in a similar situation inside the egg of consciousness. The only way out is to "grow" your consciousness until it cracks the philosopher's egg (the Matrix) that we are gestating inside of. We live in the collective Egg of Earth, and The Powers That Be must have realized this some time ago, having structured society to prevent that growth from occurring--keeping all the chicks in the hen house, under control of the political roosters prancing about.

The techniques they are using are rather simple: reverse psychology (that's why everything is backwards). Take what you WANT them to do, make it illegal and people will do everything they can to "get away with it" (like psychoactive drugs, degradation of music, befuddlement of science, materialistic religions, etc). By making the "status quo" either illegal or financially difficult, people rush right into it because "they must have some secret that they are trying to keep from us!" And they have gone to extremes with the New Age stuff... almost all these techniques to "expand consciousness" is having exactly the opposite effect.

So if you want to grow and crack the Matrix of the egg of consciousness... you have to expand consciousness by natural means, which means using the tools you brought with you... you won't find an "app" for it.
4 8 15 16 23 42

Lozion
Cellarius
Cellarius

Post by Lozion » Thu May 07, 2015 4:53 pm

LoneBear wrote:
Ilkka wrote:Well, personal evolution/development is not a way out per se, however beneficial on the "long run".
My recent experiences have given me some simple insights in to this.

How does a chick find his way out of the egg? Simple... he grows up until he is too large and strong for the egg to hold, and it cracks, because it no longer serves a purpose.

Humanity is in a similar situation inside the egg of consciousness. The only way out is to "grow" your consciousness until it cracks the philosopher's egg (the Matrix) that we are gestating inside of. We live in the collective Egg of Earth, and The Powers That Be must have realized this some time ago, having structured society to prevent that growth from occurring--keeping all the chicks in the hen house, under control of the political roosters prancing about.

The techniques they are using are rather simple: reverse psychology (that's why everything is backwards). Take what you WANT them to do, make it illegal and people will do everything they can to "get away with it" (like psychoactive drugs, degradation of music, befuddlement of science, materialistic religions, etc). By making the "status quo" either illegal or financially difficult, people rush right into it because "they must have some secret that they are trying to keep from us!" And they have gone to extremes with the New Age stuff... almost all these techniques to "expand consciousness" is having exactly the opposite effect.

So if you want to grow and crack the Matrix of the egg of consciousness... you have to expand consciousness by natural means, which means using the tools you brought with you... you won't find an "app" for it.
Rise up Kundalini..
In rapport we thrive, in rivalry we strive.

PeacefulMe
Indagator
Indagator

Post by PeacefulMe » Thu May 07, 2015 7:41 pm

LoneBear wrote:And they have gone to extremes with the New Age stuff... almost all these techniques to "expand consciousness" is having exactly the opposite effect.
Can you please explain what you consider to be the 'New Age stuff'? I'm not sure I understand what falls into this category :oops:

Ilkka
Atriensis
Atriensis

Post by Ilkka » Fri May 08, 2015 2:00 am

PeacefulMe wrote:
LoneBear wrote:And they have gone to extremes with the New Age stuff... almost all these techniques to "expand consciousness" is having exactly the opposite effect.
Can you please explain what you consider to be the 'New Age stuff'? I'm not sure I understand what falls into this category :oops:
I can name one thing. Channeled information falls into this category, though it sounds heavenly and sugarcoated donuts, but we should watch out for those carbs that are processed and not naturally occurring, like fruits with natural sugars. Donuts dont grow in the trees mate. Same stuff one gets pulled in fairly easily like all religious stuff where you only need to believe is "true" and not think of it any further.

I dont know if there are any other New Age religions that is not based on channeled information, frankly I know just one, "The Law Of One". Which is good example all that you read from that book is based on something other than the knowledge of "aliens". As I remember the translation of information through human mind, the vocabulary, all the knowledge and references, are crucial when translating something. If you think of it some "alien" with totally differently organized mind and knowledge of universe, would give you info on something telepathically or by the means of channeling, I think that the information received would not make sense at all, only with the tools you have would give you some "whiff" of the true meaning of it. This is why it is not to be trusted. Also there is that mind control thingy that might get a hold over the channeler and "troll up" the info.
Enjoy the Silence

LoneBear
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Post by LoneBear » Fri May 08, 2015 9:28 am

PeacefulMe wrote:Can you please explain what you consider to be the 'New Age stuff'? I'm not sure I understand what falls into this category :oops:
Unfortunately, almost all of it these days. IMHO, the New Age movement reached its peak back in the early 1980s (I was heavily in to it back then), when the "flower child" effect of the 1960s wore off enough to allow comprehension of the true self to come through. However, that was almost immediately grabbed by profiteers (or as we called them, prophet-eers) to convert the drive to evolve into a money stream, through the use of pay-through-the-nose courses, lectures and seminars that usually referenced ancient works. Rather than taking the apprehension forward, they looped it backwards--there's that "everything is backwards" again--so they did not have to do any NEW work, just revamp some terms of concepts that have been around for thousands of years, forgotten by most, and claim it is the new, spiritual insight. I'm sure you've seen it; it has dominated the New Age system since the mid-1990s.

Since the green vMeme is the entrance to the bridge that crosses over to Tier 2, that is where they needed to put the big "Detour" sign, saying "Bridge out of order; Go back to religion and science."

I wound suggest you take a look at the definition of the green vMeme, this from Ken Wilber:
6. Green: The Sensitive Self . Communitarian, human bonding, ecological sensitivity, networking. The human spirit must be freed from greed, dogma, and divisiveness; feelings and caring supersede cold rationality; cherishing of the earth, Gaia, life. Against hierarchy; establishes lateral bonding and linking. Permeable self, relational self, group intermeshing. Emphasis on dialogue, relationships. Basis of value communities (i.e., freely chosen affiliations based on shared sentiments). Reaches decisions through reconciliation and consensus (downside: interminable "processing" and incapacity to reach decisions). Refresh spirituality, bring harmony, enrich human potential. Strongly egalitarian, anti-hierarchy, pluralistic values, social construction of reality, diversity, multiculturalism, relativistic value systems; this worldview is often called pluralistic relativism . Subjective, nonlinear thinking; shows a greater degree of affective warmth, sensitivity, and caring, for earth and all its inhabitants.
That is where it was going--but now look at where it actually went: the "human bond" concept was sent back to the orange, "scientific achievement" meme through social media technology. What was now a personal experience of enlightenment, has become "displacement activity" through YouTubes, Facebooks and Twitter twits. From what I've seen these days, the human bond is as much a "virtual reality" as everything else is. With the expression of the green vMeme being virtual, well, there is nothing there that can actually have any real effect.
4 8 15 16 23 42

MrTwig
Centurio
Centurio

Post by MrTwig » Fri Jul 17, 2015 7:14 pm

LoneBear wrote:So if you want to grow and crack the Matrix of the egg of consciousness... you have to expand consciousness by natural means, which means using the tools you brought with you... you won't find an "app" for it.
Hi! Can I ask what natural tools I brought with me are? I am trying to put together a tool box of suggestions that work to expand my consciousness. Is there a list of authors on subjects that you believe in? For psychology I believe you would go with Spiral Dynamics. For physics I believe it is DB Larson. There must be others that stand out a guide post.

I am totally willing to delve into each subject although I would prefer to read Daniels papers. He seem to be getting the good stuff that really expands your mind. How he can live among us and not be touched by the devolution that surround us is simple amazing! My thinking is that like you, he does not get angry or upset but laughs at conflict, and reasons at the genius level.

For me, I do not fight or allow myself the thought to be negative. It is all about reflecting back. Even if it appears that I may be part of this world, I am not. In my mind I am already there. That perfect place where all is known. Still, I must react as if in a dream and see what happens on a daily basis. I apparently have not studied that hard or made the effort as you and the other here have done. Please for give my childlike rambling. Yours truly, matrix#008.

LoneBear
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Tools to expand consciousness

Post by LoneBear » Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:33 am

MrTwig wrote:Hi! Can I ask what natural tools I brought with me are? I am trying to put together a tool box of suggestions that work to expand my consciousness. Is there a list of authors on subjects that you believe in? For psychology I believe you would go with Spiral Dynamics. For physics I believe it is DB Larson. There must be others that stand out a guide post.
Astrology and Personology have extensive information on "what you bring with you" based on when and where you were born. Those are your basic tools that came with this incarnation. So get some readings done to see what skills you should have, just with the "hardware" (your body and soul) you are using.

Next, see where you deviate from that norm, as those are the custom skills you have from prior incarnations. You carried those forward for a reason. Normally, they develop through career choices and hobbies, but not always, given the repressive economic society we live in, so think of it in these terms: "If I had the resources to do ANYTHING I wanted, what would it be?" And once you know what you want to achieve, look at the skills you have to accomplish it. This will give you the natural tools you have to work with.

Larson is no easy study, as he was a pioneer that was well off the conventional scientific map, that not many people could follow. But in my opinion, well worth the attempt to understand, as I believe he has found the common denominator underlying both this Matrix we live in (his "coordinate space" and "coordinate time" regions), as well as a "scalar reality" that exists beyond it. In 40 years of research, I've found no other theory that comes this close.

Spiral dynamics was the best resource I've found to understand how we value things, why we get stuck in those values and how to get free of them (through dissatisfaction). But you should couple that with some basic psychology, in which I prefer the writings of C. G. Jung, Roberto Assagioli, John W. Perry and a few others. (Normally the pre-1970s authors on psychology, where they were still pioneering the research.)

But a key point is also "junk food for thought," that gives you the symbols you need to connect and comprehend abstract concepts. For that I use science fiction, particularly the older Sci-Fi stuff. All the recent Sci-Fi isn't science fiction, it is actually horror--running, screaming and explosions. When is the last time you saw a show that made you THINK? Of those I prefer classic Star Trek, the old Doctor Who's, Babylon 5, 3rd Rock from the Sun, the first season of Lost in Space and some of the Stargate and Stargate Atlantis episodes (usually the Daniel Jackson, "meaning of life" episodes). Also the old Outer Limits and Twilight Zone series had some very thought-provoking episodes. The newer series tend to be more entertainment than philosophical, and the point is to get the philosophic concepts so the unconscious aspects of your psyche can effectively communicate with your conscious mind through those symbols.
4 8 15 16 23 42

mongo
Centurio
Centurio

Post by mongo » Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:58 am

Although I'm not a big Sci-Fi fan like most on this site, during the college years a bunch of us on our dorm floor would watch Star Trek reruns nightly. The best part of it was the discussions after the show where we would talk about the concepts.

MrTwig
Centurio
Centurio

Re: Tools to expand consciousness

Post by MrTwig » Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:49 pm

LoneBear wrote:Astrology and Personology have extensive information on "what you bring with you" based on when and where you were born. Those are your basic tools that came with this incarnation. So get some readings done to see what skills you should have, just with the "hardware" (your body and soul) you are using.

Next, see where you deviate from that norm, as those are the custom skills you have from prior incarnations. You carried those forward for a reason. Normally, they develop through career choices and hobbies, but not always, given the repressive economic society we live in, so think of it in these terms: "If I had the resources to do ANYTHING I wanted, what would it be?" And once you know what you want to achieve, look at the skills you have to accomplish it. This will give you the natural tools you have to work with.

Larson is no easy study, as he was a pioneer that was well off the conventional scientific map, that not many people could follow. But in my opinion, well worth the attempt to understand, as I believe he has found the common denominator underlying both this Matrix we live in (his "coordinate space" and "coordinate time" regions), as well as a "scalar reality" that exists beyond it. In 40 years of research, I've found no other theory that comes this close.

Spiral dynamics was the best resource I've found to understand how we value things, why we get stuck in those values and how to get free of them (through dissatisfaction). But you should couple that with some basic psychology, in which I prefer the writings of C. G. Jung, Roberto Assagioli, John W. Perry and a few others. (Normally the pre-1970s authors on psychology, where they were still pioneering the research.)

But a key point is also "junk food for thought," that gives you the symbols you need to connect and comprehend abstract concepts. For that I use science fiction, particularly the older Sci-Fi stuff. All the recent Sci-Fi isn't science fiction, it is actually horror--running, screaming and explosions. When is the last time you saw a show that made you THINK? Of those I prefer classic Star Trek, the old Doctor Who's, Babylon 5, 3rd Rock from the Sun, the first season of Lost in Space and some of the Stargate and Stargate Atlantis episodes (usually the Daniel Jackson, "meaning of life" episodes). Also the old Outer Limits and Twilight Zone series had some very thought-provoking episodes. The newer series tend to be more entertainment than philosophical, and the point is to get the philosophic concepts so the unconscious aspects of your psyche can effectively communicate with your conscious mind through those symbols.
Thank you very much!

I have looked into the Personology and found it facinating. The Astrology for me has been know for years. It took me quite awhile to absorb it correctly. I take it that you to believe in reincarnation. I had a very interest vision once of who I had been in previous lives. Never wrote anything down but I still remember it.

Never heard of Spiral dynamics until you brought it up. It does seem to explain in psychology terms how we work on the social level. Still working on it though. I remember going to the book store just to "find" a good book. This was in the Seventies and Eighties when all the new age material was just everywhere. I covered every subject in the store just to "absorb" what was out there. I even went to new age stores just to find the odd book. I felt strange just being there though.

Just beginning with Larson. I get the basics but it could be awhile before I can understand it as you have done. Even though it is simple to understand it just feels so different based on every instinct in my body. One thing that gets me every time is how time can be three dimensional. I would prefer to think of it as "no time" and "every space" in one. I see it as a dream world where any time can be accessed at a moment or even seen all together as a line of images in a row. I can imagine multiple spaces in one place sort of like a movie on film. Some believe that is what we are doing anyway. Just looking a picture or scene and it comes to life. Some what like in the Harry Potter movies.

I have always watched the science fiction you describe, if possible to find it. As time went on, it seem to be locked away in the harder to find stations or harder to reach channels. Never made that much money if you know what I mean.

One thing that "clicked" with me from an early age was the talk about leaving the body or out of body experiences. That fascinated me. Through that searching, I found a type of "Above the rest" religion - Eckankar. For me it was the answer to all questions. Have you heard of it? Now if ALL religion is Evil then I will have to say this is the most evil of all. It deals with Your Spirit living within Your Soul living within Your Body. Each class I went though explained more of what was Really Going on. Long story short, I gave up on it because it was too difficult to do and still lead a normal life. Some said it was a cult, but really, aren't all of them!

One of the techniques I learn was to speed up or slow down what could happen. If you could comprehend what was happening around you, you could speed up time. I found that it would go too fast sometime and would have to shut down everything and basically hide myself. What ever you do though, be careful for what you ask for, I found out.