In Memoriam: Bruce Peret aka LoneBear aka --daniel

General discussion about the Elder Race, Life, the Universe and Everything.
Gopi
Atriensis
Atriensis

In Memoriam: Bruce Peret aka LoneBear aka --daniel

Post by Gopi » Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:26 pm

Bruce 2018.png
Bruce 2018.png (137.69 KiB) Viewed 4565 times
Bruce Michael Joseph Peret (January 29, 1957 – February 3, 2020)

Bruce Peret was an astonishing human being – a force of nature, and a ‘man of many devices’, to borrow a phrase from Homer. His entire life was dedicated to one central idea, which he called the Sanctuary Project: to create a place where people could live, without worrying about the violent and tension filled life of today or about daily survival, but where they could instead focus on learning, growing and sharing with each other. It was triggered by the 1973 musical Lost Horizon, and Bruce attempted to build this Shangri La, all his life.

Growing up in Montville, Connecticut, in a middle class family, building was something that came to Bruce from an early age: learning to hammer in a nail before he was 2, taught by his grandfather, was a case in point. His dad was a design engineer, and Bruce grew up near the woods, building tree forts and castles and all sorts of things with his friends. The affinity to “devices” continued through his school years, where he was well-known as the whiz kid who could make radios in his backyard and gained the epithet “Spock” for his logical approach to everything. This did not mean that Bruce was a serious person all the time – on the contrary, his school life and early adult life was filled with pranks. He loved to tell about the prank in college where he had rigged the computer to shoot out the punch cards deluging the unwary victim or about hard-coding his name into the start-up screen, giving everyone quite the surprise. He got his double major degree in Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, and electronic devices and computers were his forte for the rest of his life. His jobs followed this interest, as he was employed by the tech giants of the day, such as Pratt & Whitney Aircraft and Digital Equipment Corporation, with clients like AT&T, GeorgiaTech, The Weather Channel and Siemens.

Bruce had had metaphysical experiences all through his youth – ghosts, precognitive experiences, visitors from the Other Side – and as a result of this interest (as well as his Mom’s subscription to Fate magazine) Bruce dived into the New Age in his late twenties. While exploring psychology, he met his mentor Fr. Tim, who taught him Jungian psychology and many other things besides. They began Bruce’s first attempt at building a Sanctuary near Atlanta, backed by the Society of Stewards that was headed by Fr. Tim. At around the same time, Bruce also was studying the Reciprocal System of Physics by Dewey Larson, which was to be another life-long pursuit. Through all this, Bruce was bridging engineering, physics and metaphysics in a unique manner.

The project in Atlanta folded up, but Bruce attempted the Sanctuary Project again, and again – with the Free State Project, with Avalon (initiated by LL Research) in Kentucky, with an RV Park in Wyoming – the projects falling apart each time for financial or other all-too-human reasons. To each of these projects Bruce brought immense zeal and top-notch technical skills, but found out that there was something more required to make it work. As a private person, his relations to people were not the closest as a rule, but he would be extremely dedicated to helping those who asked for help, spending hours and hours talking or emailing to accomplish things. His last attempt at the Sanctuary project resulted in a group of people moving to Salt Lake City, Utah, to work with him on these ideas.

Bruce had an extremely difficult experience with the medical system in his life. Due to the strain of construction in Kentucky, he developed strangulated hernia in 2009, which required immediate surgery – and resulted in an emotional scar as Bruce experienced substantial psychological damage from the procedure. Towards the end of his life, he was faced with prostate cancer, which led to a long ordeal with pharmaceutical drugs, whose side effects ultimately ended up taking his life before the cancer did. Yet, through it all, Bruce did not give up the struggle, and did his best to convert his experiences into knowledge that could benefit others.

He lived a life full of energy: his presence always meant stomping from place to place building, fixing, tweaking and making. His online presence was equally strong, as he wrote private messages, emails, posts by the hundreds, as well as papers (the famous Daniel papers), and websites. He loved food, and gorged on things that would give his friends a heart attack to watch – which was still not enough to keep up with all those energy needs. He was not only energetic, but studied energy as well as prana, chi and kundalini, and energized those around him with infectious enthusiasm. He will be sorely missed by his friends on earth, but he is sure to have an exciting journey in his favorite realm of metaphysics.

All in all, his life can be summarized by one of his favorite phrases:

Damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead!
It is time.

Djchrismac
Atriensis
Atriensis

Re: In Memoriam: Bruce Peret aka LoneBear aka --daniel

Post by Djchrismac » Mon Feb 10, 2020 6:56 pm

That was lovely Gopi, a brilliant summary and very well written, thank you.

Over almost 10 years of learning from Bruce I was told some of his many stories but it has been nice to learn a little more about his life. Don't forget his other favourite phrase "So long and thanks for all the fish."

He was an inspiration, the smartest person I have ever known and one of the nicest humans I have never met. He will be greatly missed.

Enjoy this next phase of your adventure big man, all the best.
Jones: [looks at Sallah] You said their headpiece only had markings on one side, are you absolutely sure? [Sallah nods] Belloq's staff is too long.
Jones and Sallah: They're digging in the wrong place!

Moose
Indagator
Indagator

Post by Moose » Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:22 am

Thanks for posting this Gopi, I've taken the news pretty hard and I only knew him from an online perspective. Really wish I was able to meet him in person after all hes helped me with.

Bruce was and still is an inspiration to me his memory will never fade and his teachings will follow me for the rest of my days. Hope his journey goes well.

Carlos
Cognitor
Cognitor

Post by Carlos » Tue Feb 11, 2020 12:59 pm

Many heartfelt thanks Gopi, for the empathetic obituary and also for the fact that with your help we now have the last Daniel paper completely in our hands.

Djchrismac
Atriensis
Atriensis

Post by Djchrismac » Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:38 am

Carlos wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 12:59 pm
Many heartfelt thanks Gopi, for the empathetic obituary and also for the fact that with your help we now have the last Daniel paper completely in our hands.
Hi Carlos, the Nature of 3-Dimensional Time paper came following a facebook discussion on dimensions and time, there will still be a final daniel paper released once it is finished.
Jones: [looks at Sallah] You said their headpiece only had markings on one side, are you absolutely sure? [Sallah nods] Belloq's staff is too long.

mongo
Centurio
Centurio

Post by mongo » Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:54 am

I just wanted to thank Bruce for sharing his world with us. Your papers have been a light and given my life inspiration.
Thank you.

Carlos
Cognitor
Cognitor

Post by Carlos » Wed Feb 12, 2020 1:15 pm

Djchrismac wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:38 am
Hi Carlos, the Nature of 3-Dimensional Time paper came following a facebook discussion on dimensions and time, there will still be a final daniel paper released once it is finished.
Thanks, that's good news.

animus
Centurio
Centurio

Post by animus » Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:03 pm

I want to express my gratitude to all personal friends of Bruce who have helped him to the very end, trying alongside him to fight the illness as well as the many complications that were, unfortunately, progressively coming or closely tied with it. It is comforting to know that, even though being a "Lone" Bear, he didn't have to die alone. It was already painful and tragic to follow his excruciating, roller coaster experience with modern medicine and today's fix-this-wreck-that medical doctors, so I can only imagine how many times more painful, tragic and excruciating it must have been to have actually lived through all of that.

My thanks also to Chris and whoever else helps operating Bruce's websites, so that the RS/RS2 research is not lost and may continue despite having lost its foremost and most active proponent. Admittedly, we all did enjoy to reap the fruits of Bruce's/daniel's work, having in relation - with perhaps a few exceptions - only leisurely shown a footnote worth of contribution ourselves. As is now apparent, the circumstances force us to grow out of this all-too-comfortable habit, so as to prove that we, too, are ready to further evolve on our own. This forum had so far the tendency to primarily attract those kinds of people who are currently experiencing spiritual puberty while still maintaining interest in logic-based science. Provided with an almost incomprehensibly huge amount of knowledge, it is our responsibility to keep on offering it to any curious individual consciously or unconsciously seeking it out--not by way of preaching or aggressively propagating it around the globe (or the Internet) like some religious or New Age zealot but by sharing and nudging to it upon meeting like-minded folks who seem ready to fully appreciate it.

I have only known LoneBear as "a string of characters coming across a forum platform, from somewhere on the other side of the planet", as he would have described it. Yet these five years of "bit changing" were already enough to help me, and greatly so, to consciously start my very own inner voyage in locating and perceiving the wondrous spark of light of Self somewhere hidden deep down within me. Thus, this highly honorable, empathy beaming, curiosity following and experience sharing Online Entity had, very literally, a fantastic, life-growing impact on me which I will forever cherish. Though modern technology has been cursed a lot in this forum lately, we have to admit that being provided with the capability to exchange thoughts within minutes, if not seconds, is definitely one of its best traits in bringing like-minded spirits like us together, when telepathy is not an option yet.

Leaving an informational goldmine of a legacy behind, Bruce Peret deserves my greatest respect for his life's work as a researcher. In this fear-ridden, fake-news-prevalent Internet that we reluctantly have to endure, no other person in my whole life has given me so much inspiration, so much new and out-of-the-world knowledge and so incredibly much hope for the future development and evolution of not only myself but of the whole planet--laboriously and extensively composed, yet neatly dumbed down for the simpleton that I, and we all, tend to be, thus enabling us to slowly but steadily grow to his astonishing heights, and if hope hasn't died out yet, even beyond. The amount of his research continuing the footsteps of Dewey Larson is, to say the least, enormous, and the amount of links, connections and bridges found across the many fields of legends & mythologies, old religions, modern science and kooky New Age, let alone explaining them for us in simple RS2 terms, leaves one almost speechless due to recognizing the work of a truly self-enlightened being as you seldom get to see in the modern world of verbal regurgitation--no doubt, a Renaissance Man all the way! And this brilliant man deserves our utmost gratitude to have done all of that pro bono publico. It is absolutely amazing and sets the most venerable example.

Having freed myself as well as having been freed of a good portion of merely-barely-short-of-innumerably-great multitudes of humanity's modern day brainwashing, and a lot of these "getting back to reality" doors and windows thanks to Bruce, I can say with a clear conscience and very contrary to the common phrasing: I do NOT wish him the usual "rest, boredom and dull time in everlasting peace" because I am sure, and he knows best, that whatever awaits him will be at least just as exciting as his life has been. May he continue to ascend to new evolutionary heights and may he continue to inspire all those around him as well as get inspired by the likes of himself who are already several steps ahead on the spiritual ladder that we call the evolution of consciousness.

Thank you, Bruce Peret.
Your work has changed my life (and even though no one else around me seems to see it, I do) for the better!

Ilkka
Praefectus
Praefectus

Post by Ilkka » Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:57 am

Djchrismac wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 6:56 pm
He was an inspiration, the smartest person I have ever known and one of the nicest humans I have never met. He will be greatly missed.
animus wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:03 pm
Thank you, Bruce Peret.
Your work has changed my life (and even though no one else around me seems to see it, I do) for the better!
I second these quotes.

I didn't have the proper way of expressing myself before, but with your quotes I do feel the same.
Enjoy the Silence

Gopi
Atriensis
Atriensis

Post by Gopi » Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:49 pm

Thank you for your thoughts.

Also, please don't panic or get shocked if you see "LoneBear" or "daniel" or "SiteAdmin" supposedly logging on... it is me, as I clear out all his private stuff per his 'clear-up' wishes. I'll leave the posts up, of course.
It is time.

Lozion
Cellarius
Cellarius

Post by Lozion » Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:39 am

Txs Gopi.

Chris:
there will still be a final daniel paper released once it is finished.
I take it this final paper was sufficiently in advanced form for publication?
Great news. Txs.
In rapport we thrive, in rivalry we strive.

Djchrismac
Atriensis
Atriensis

Post by Djchrismac » Sun Feb 16, 2020 11:42 am

Lozion wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:39 am
Txs Gopi.

Chris:
Great news. Txs.
No it is unfinished but we know what was to be added then need to give it an ending.

Lozion
Cellarius
Cellarius

Post by Lozion » Sun Feb 16, 2020 1:16 pm

Djchrismac wrote:
Sun Feb 16, 2020 11:42 am
Lozion wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:39 am
Txs Gopi.

Chris:
Great news. Txs.
No it is unfinished but we know what was to be added then need to give it an ending.
I see. Looking forward to it..
Txs.

New2RS2
Discens
Discens

Post by New2RS2 » Tue Feb 18, 2020 12:59 pm

I am a relative newcomer to this web site, and a minimal participant. I don't really understand my reaction to this news, as I never knew Bruce personally and only communicated with him on a small number of occasions. I feel a kind of grief hearing this news that is unexpected. It is a bodily feeling that has my mind perplexed. I experienced something similar upon hearing the news that Princess Diana was gone. When I checked with other people I knew I found that many people had experienced something very similar (re: Diana) and, also, didn't understand why. I guess I must have picked up on something intuitively by watching his instructional videos and peeking in on the conversations here. He seemed to have a very clear understanding of RS/RS2 and was able to convey that with a degree of clarity that has helped me a lot. His last paper is no exception - there are parts that I will be re-reading until I can assimilate the whole of it. Best wishes for the afterlife adventure, whatever it may be.

goldenshield
Gregralis
Gregralis

Post by goldenshield » Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:39 am

Bravo..Well done Gopi

Thank you

tymeflyz
Indagator
Indagator

Post by tymeflyz » Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:11 pm

hmm..
LB...
Thank you !
See you on the other side.

I never stop learning here.. today LB aka Daniel, 2/20/2020

Gopi..
thanks for the updates

Lozion
Cellarius
Cellarius

Post by Lozion » Wed Mar 11, 2020 2:25 pm

Hello. Sorry if this question sounds out of place but Gopi and others here are familiar with certain protocols Bruce put in place in case of an untimely departure..

Any signs from our fellow Uncommitted Investigator?

CHJoe
Gregralis
Gregralis

Post by CHJoe » Tue Jun 16, 2020 5:30 pm

Lozion wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 2:25 pm
[Re:] . . . certain protocols Bruce put in place in case of an untimely departure.

Any signs from our fellow Uncommitted Investigator?
Communication is reciprocal . . .
Last edited by CHJoe on Tue Jun 16, 2020 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Andrew
Cellarius
Cellarius

Post by Andrew » Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:39 pm

I was wondering the other day if Bruce has met up with Dewey. I hope so.

Are these protocols things he said he would attempt to activate on the other side to "show us" he's still alive?
"Classical historians traditionally dismiss tales of magic as unworthy of scholarly attention, but to us any mention of a witch's broomstick or wizard's wand evokes the smell of a scientist's laboratory." The Sphinx and the Megaliths

Ilkka
Praefectus
Praefectus

Post by Ilkka » Wed Jun 17, 2020 3:20 pm

Andrew wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:39 pm
I was wondering the other day if Bruce has met up with Dewey. I hope so.

Are these protocols things he said he would attempt to activate on the other side to "show us" he's still alive?
I have vague memory of something about Bruce seeing Dewey at some point, which he wrote here but I cant be sure. This feeling tells me that he didn't though. Also this feeling tells me that he is alive, but not in physical sense alive, so basically he has left his corporeal form behind since the body was too damaged to function properly and had to go the cosmic realm with his soul and spirit to do other work there, and probably is going to be back in a decade or two (maybe more, it maybe hard to decide which parents to choose and since they are scattered in time there is going to be some lagging going on) in physical realm, with new body/mind/spirit complex.

I believe he wishes us best for your journeys, because we are going to see some action, that has started already.
Enjoy the Silence

Lozion
Cellarius
Cellarius

Post by Lozion » Wed Jun 17, 2020 4:03 pm

With all du respect, wtf would want to come back here for?
Didn't Bruce want to explore the Universe? There are I'm sure more interesting places to experience..

Ilkka
Praefectus
Praefectus

Post by Ilkka » Fri Jun 19, 2020 5:10 am

Lozion wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 4:03 pm
With all du respect, wtf would want to come back here for?
Didn't Bruce want to explore the Universe? There are I'm sure more interesting places to experience..
A number of reasons that you couldn't think of on that short notice. Perhaps spirit beings as we all are (if you want to separate mind, body and spirit) have more or less matured (experienced) spirits. So there are bound to be lots of different variety of opinions of the next experience. You could think of life as an MMORPG game, with multitude of things to experience, so there might still be left something of value to learn here in a near (or further) future. I've been taken liking to RPG games like Fallout, you got traits and skills to choose from and play it as the character you want to make with all its limitations. So in a way our spirits are the ones playing this person, but with certain exceptions spirit is not in direct control of my actions, but responsible which carries to the next character as Karma. There are those whose spirit is going to be recycled into nature after their death so this "game of life" is not so simple as a mere video game made by humans. Not sure if our spirits can (maybe) multitask of many soul/body complexes at a time in various locations in space. I guess in a way spirit can do it, since it exists beyond time and space, but still connected to both.

There is a possibility that Bruce would still be able to explore the Universe, but that is in the future and I guess future is changing with all the decisions we make each moment, not sure if there are multiple parallel realities of "what ifs", though. That would take time for incarnation as well to find the most appropriate time frame to be born again, with all the change that he plan on doing would have most impact on the course of things to come in future. Much like there are those big names in history we remember Nikola Tesla, Adolf Hitler, Genghis Khan etc. Cant even imagine how things would look like in modern world if some of them would not been there to make the world as it is now, maybe better maybe worse, perhaps same but with different names to the same/similar characters.
Enjoy the Silence