Mandela Effect

Forum for the sharing and discussion of various research projects going on.
Juanter
Indagator
Indagator

Mandela Effect

Post by Juanter » Mon May 02, 2016 7:58 am

I am posting this issue here because I don't see that it has been discussed here yet. Over the past week I have become aware of some drastic changes in my reality that contradict my understood memories of "what is." There are topics and lists of these all over the internet but the big ones for me thus far (as more seem to be popping up every day) relate to geography seeing as I have always been a big map/geography nut.

1. New Zealand appears to be in a totally different place. I vividly remember it being to the East North east of Australia. Now it is south, south east of Australia. Also, Australia has moved north much closer New Guinea.

2. Trinidad and Tobago is now basically touching Venezuela. It was not that close before. Also Cuba is much closer to the Yucatan Peninsula.

3. The continent of South America has drifting drastically east, it used to be north south in comparison to North America. (I went to Rio for the world cup two years ago and it was one time zone different than my home in Oklahoma. Now it is four different.)

4. Japan seems to be more North than it was.

5. I memorized Prince's Lets Go Crazy opening line and it was certainly, "Dearly beloved we are gathered here to CELEBRATE this thing called life." Now it is "get through this thing called life."

6. Some people are saying the Statue of Liberty has moved into New Jersey.

7. Luke, I am your father is now....."No. I am your father."

8. Big one for me is I vividly remember Billy Graham's death and funeral several years ago. It was a huge deal on the Today show, he was on the cover of People magazine with his life years on the bottom, and they had live coverage of his funeral in which many US presidents were in attendance due to him being, "the spiritual advisor to the presidents........" He is still alive in this existence. That is shocking to me.

The truly insane thing about all this is ALL of the maps from all time now coincide with this new reality. As in there is no proof anywhere to validate these previous memories. There are tons of these out there and they mostly deal with benign spelling changes in popular culture and advertisements and movies. I have some theories on what is happening but I wanted to get your thoughts on the phenomena as I respect all of your opinions. I will say that the changes in my existence seem to correlate to the time in which I noticed the sun was no longer orange/yellow, but now intense white.

joeyv23
Atriensis
Atriensis

Re: Mandela Effect

Post by joeyv23 » Mon May 02, 2016 9:44 am

My memory of the location of New Zealand is as described, S-SE of Australia.

I looked at the position of South America on google maps and at first my mind was disoriented, but I pulled up some world maps and when looking at the continent in comparison to its position relative to Africa, the disorientation went away. I checked the upside down map that I posted some time ago in a thread about map projections and I feel reasonably sure that it's where I recall it being since I stared at that map for an inordinant amount of time. As for the difference in time zones that you've experienced, I have nothing for that.

The same thing happened when I looked at Japan because my eyes immediately framed it in reference to China, and it did look to be too far North, but it looks to my eyes/mind to be in the right place when compared to North and South Korea and again upside-down.

There is a reasonable explanation for the issue of the Statue of Ishtar, er... Liberty being in New Jersey. The island is an exclave of Manhattan surrounded by New Jersey waters.[1]

The only way to know for sure whether Vader said "Luke" or "No", would be to find the scene and watch it on a VHS or Betamax cassette. Anything digitized online could have been manipulated.

Hope this helps!
"Living is not necessary, but navigation is." --Pompey
"Navigation is necessary in order to live." --Me

Ilkka
Praefectus
Praefectus

Post by Ilkka » Mon May 02, 2016 2:06 pm

joeyv23 wrote:The only way to know for sure whether Vader said "Luke" or "No", would be to find the scene and watch it on a VHS or Betamax cassette. Anything digitized online could have been manipulated.
I remember that there were differences with the new "remastered" version compared to the older cassette versions. I did liked Star Wars saga and I must say the newest one is total BS, some unnamed movie makers have totally screwed up that movie saga.

I think my dad might have them older ones still on some cassettes recorded from TV. Although I dont have VHS player hardly anyone has these days, but there are some that can convert them into DVDs.
Enjoy the Silence

Juanter
Indagator
Indagator

Post by Juanter » Mon May 02, 2016 2:10 pm

Thank you for the replies but I don't think you are quite understanding what it is I am trying to say. There simply are no versions of maps or videos that show this alternate reality. They simply have ALL been changed as if that was the way it has always been. Be it ancient maps or BETA videos.....time itself has been altered from the start. Mind blowing stuff. Hoping someone else here is having these experiences.

pgolde
Centurio
Centurio

Post by pgolde » Mon May 02, 2016 9:22 pm

i seem to remember Billy Grahams funeral as well, and the Prince lyrics
iiif time is being altered that is some mind blowing stuff, why would they change these random things? To see if we noticed? Who is "they"?

Ilkka
Praefectus
Praefectus

Post by Ilkka » Tue May 03, 2016 2:20 am

Juanter wrote:Thank you for the replies but I don't think you are quite understanding what it is I am trying to say. There simply are no versions of maps or videos that show this alternate reality. They simply have ALL been changed as if that was the way it has always been. Be it ancient maps or BETA videos.....time itself has been altered from the start. Mind blowing stuff. Hoping someone else here is having these experiences.
I know what you mean something unexplanable, I have had memories that have changed as well or the fact that I remembered wrong, the way I thought it was.

One time I had to testify against this DUI guy that didn't get far only backed up in a ditch thats it, I saw and heard it partially because there were trees and bushes in the way obscuring my vision. Few days or week later I was called to make a statement about what happened and I did, then some months maybe a year passes and I get called again this time into court, so I told again what I thought happened tried to remember it the best I could, but there was a difference between my previous statement and testimony I was giving then. So as it turns out I remembered wrong when I was sitting in there testifying under "oath". Also I didn't want to be there in the first place and I knew the DUI guy he seemed ok person, not your "normal" law-abiding citizen, neither am I. I of course adhere traffic laws quite well all sorts of stuff that goes well with morality. This however was not the time when I had experienced the weird change of things.

It might be that they (the powers that be, or some other entities, people etc.) changed something in the past that makes memories to go haywire and some people just notices them, or the change something in the "Matrix" (Deja vu cat scene).
pgolde wrote:why would they change these random things? To see if we noticed? Who is "they"?
Maybe it is not those random things that are actually changed but are only side effects of the real target. Like butterfly effect thing, small changes make bigger changes or in this case side changes. They might be the "bad guys" or the "good guys" or something else.
Enjoy the Silence

Juanter
Indagator
Indagator

Post by Juanter » Tue May 03, 2016 10:59 am

pgolde wrote:i seem to remember Billy Grahams funeral as well, and the Prince lyrics
iiif time is being altered that is some mind blowing stuff, why would they change these random things? To see if we noticed? Who is "they"?
I have been thinking about this a lot lately and this is the best that I have come up with on this topic:

If something is truly going on and this would be the first attempt at some type of disclosure (via from ourselves or someone/something else) and the only evidence we as individuals would have would be altered memories (IE all trace of other existence has been wiped out from this existence) what would be the things that we as a modern civilization would have the most strong memories of? I would argue that it would be marketing/pop culture type things. We have been completely bombarded with marketing/music/movies/etc. since the day we were born. So why not start changing these messages slowly in the hopes that we start putting 2 and 2 together? I think this just may be the reason that seemingly mundane things are starting to change.........Because that is what we will notice. Obviously changing the Sun hasn't worked as most people haven't noticed that big orb in the sky is drastically different, so go with what you know.

People don't remember where New Zealand was or the names of African countries but they sure as hell remember, "Luke, I am your father," and the lyrics of their favorite Prince song, or the name of "The Berenstien Bears," or that some pop culture people you followed actually aren't dead. In my mind this is some type of disclosure to make the collective people start questioning things.

It would be interesting for those of you who love sci-fi (and know it by heart) to go to some of the scenes or deeply remembered ideas in your shows/books and see if any changes have popped up.

I have way more thoughts on this and will be watching these closely.

Djchrismac
Cellarius
Cellarius

Post by Djchrismac » Tue May 03, 2016 1:04 pm

I've looked into this a little and reckon there are three possible explanations for the "Mandela Effect":

1) Memory is a funny thing, as we get older it's easy to forget parts of an event and for your brain to fill in the blanks with what you thought happened. The most obvious explanation to me is that all the poisoning of nature, food, water (metallic nano-particles) and the EM frequency matrix all around us is badly affecting our memory. Research I have been doing to confirm WW101's statement about climate collapse happening sometime in the 1980's keeps indicating that this could well be true, I remember a good few heatwaves in the mid-1980's and it also seems to be when Geoengineering replaced natural weather. Alzheimer's trends back this up further while also giving more food for thought as to why so many people could be having memory problems which could be a result of the massive injection of metallic chemtrail nanoparticles into the environment at this time:

Yet another connection, global cheap flights starting around the end of the 1990's (more planes in the sky, more naniparticles, more alzheimers):

2) The way that some people seem to have jumped on board with this Mandela Effect makes me suspect that it could be a psyop, or at least those in charge of Global Psyops 101 have seen the growth of doubt from people online and have decided to use the opportunity to further muddy the waters of truth.

3) The final option, in my opinion, would be a genuine timeline change but I feel this is the least likely cause, in this case.

A few things stand out for me, first being that I have always been a map geek and New Zealand was never anywhere other than south east of Australia. I think a lot of the map issues can be resolved as soon as you view Google Earth or a globe, it's the projection of this 3D globe onto a 2D surface that results in distortions. We've been using a Eurocentric map as standard around the world for decades so it could also be that more people are used to the distorted version and when they view a 3D one it doesn't fit with their memory as it has been corrected. Maybe more people are paying more attention to maps and the globe now too, in the digital age, but weren't as into maps as a child. I see no indication of any sort regarding countries or continents moving or being out of position as stated by the Mandela Effect.

The way people were reacting and commenting on this subject was almost laughable I thought, reminding me of some of the Flat Earth people who lurk online in order to attack any hollow-expanding earth information and promote the Flat Earth psyop.

I also loved StarWars growing up. I still have the VHS videos so will have to review it but Vader always said "No, I am your father" from what I remember. Again, I think this is a brain/memory issue as I also recall many pop culture references over the years, from comedy sketches etc., saying "Luke, I am your father" so I think people have genuinely mixed the two up and cannot recall for sure, then the hype bandwagon runs with it and before you know it everyone is doubting it.

Earlier on I asked a friend who is very knowledgeable about song lyrics and is also a Prince fan, they are sure the line was "Dearly beloved we are gathered here to CELEBRATE this thing called life." This is the logical lyric in my opinion but I don't know enough for sure about this to comment further. I also can't comment on Billy Graham or the Statue of Liberty moving.

I do find it curious that just last week I had been pondering the topic of a timeline shift and whether something like that could happen, or did happen already, but maybe I was just picking up on the general vibe without realising it. If there was a timeline shift I would guess at it happening as a result of the Philadelphia & Montauk experiments, perhaps a knock on effect, or having something to do with the CERN Large Hadron Collider (LHC) which was conveniently running its first experiments 2 years prior:
Its first research run took place from 30 March 2010 to 13 February 2013 at an initial energy of 3.5 teraelectronvolts (TeV) per beam (7 TeV total), almost 4 times more than the previous world record for a collider,[3] rising to 4 TeV per beam (8 TeV total) from 2012.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Large_Hadron_Collider
I still have an unresolved feeling about the LHC and what it was really built for. After all, we know that mainstream physics are pretty much just making stuff up these days and it is a very big and expensive toy... interesting to note the time-scale above, perhaps a build up to 2012 and what should have been an "ascension event" as advertised, which was then altered as we switched over to a different timeline?

Those are my thoughts on the topic so far, i've not craved chocolate milk at any point that I can remember but i'm still open to the possibility of a timeline change, if there is more solid evidence to go on than what I have seen so far.

Let us know if anything else of interest pops up on the subject Juanter...

Ilkka
Praefectus
Praefectus

Post by Ilkka » Tue May 03, 2016 2:52 pm

Djchrismac wrote:I also loved StarWars growing up. I still have the VHS videos so will have to review it but Vader always said "No, I am your father" from what I remember.
Ok, now that I checked it Vader says "No, I am your father" in bluray version at least. Maybe it says the other one in the VHS or in another scene, maybe in some deleted scenes (dont know I dont have deleted scenes from Star Wars). I mean in the scene Vader was like he was saying "Luke I am your father" the movement of his body if I read it correctly I mean. If some of you have VHS version of that movie that would be interesting to hear about it.

"Luke I am your father" reads only in some funny pictures, to refer to the Star Wars movies, thats my guess.

Oh man, what a witch-hunt this turned out to be, am I right? Although checking out that was fast since I have that movie on my HDD so it took about 5 minutes, so no biggie as VHS version check out would be.
Enjoy the Silence

pgolde
Centurio
Centurio

Post by pgolde » Tue May 03, 2016 8:48 pm

I did some searching throgh the list of "Mandela effects" and some seem pretty obvious, but I am not 100% sure of all, some are derrived from parodies.
I do believe there are massive psy ops going on, false flags everywhere, disinfo spreading like wildfire. A bold statement from TPTB would have you question your own reality, that will prove their powerful reach. Think about it, the only ones questioning this sort of thing would be potential troublemakers that could be easily disuaded if they thought they were up against a force that can rewrite history. It seems like pop culture is the delivery mechanism since they own that and the internet which they can reach into every device and rewrite history. Funny how Prince "died" on the queens 90th birthday and somehow forgot to write a will. now one of his songs has changed due to some timeline glitch or shift in parallel time lines from a different universe.
If a timeline shift or glitch is happening, they surely know about it and would want to take credit for it for reasons of power control, keeping us from looking any further.
Since Hitlary Clinton and jolly pope frances are talking about disclosure, I want no part of it, there will be no real disclosure by them ever. The matrix of control over us is fairly complete, an assault taking place on so many different levels. The mind control research is bearing fruit, turning people into vegetables. I do not beleive there are any beings here or in outer space that wish to free us and save us from ourselves, but I wouldn't bet against preadator species and AI attacks. If either are true they would be the first to serve us up to their new masters.

Juanter
Indagator
Indagator

Post by Juanter » Wed May 04, 2016 9:38 am

As always, I appreciate everyone's input. DJchris, you could be on to something of this possibly being some sort of byproduct of chemtrails. (Been following your research for sometime; see my post on pulmonary fibrosis) This type of massive change in what I (and many others) thought was "reality" certainly creates a feeling like I am on some sort of mind altering drug and/or are in some stage of schizophrenia. Sobering thought, however, I am quite sure my mental faculties are in tact, at least for now.

pgolde, I just don't believe that this is some sort of psy-op because no one could have the ability to go back and change printed publications I have had in my house for 20 years. IE World Atlas and Encyclopedias, which have all seemed to change around this new reality. A new one for me is the African county of "Mauritania."

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Mauri ... ebd6be534e

Like I said previously I memorized maps and names of countries as a child and prided myself on getting them all right the "Where in the World is Carman San Diego games." Never in my life, until yesterday, was Mauritania a country for me, and it is a huge country. Never. I am not quite as absolute about Mali, but I don't remember Timbuktu being there. My recollection is what is now "Mauritania" was part of Niger/Algeria/Nigeria all of which were much larger in my previous reality.

Regardless on another geographical side note I went to the island of Palau for a scuba diving trip 15 years ago and I vividly remember that the island was located at 2 degrees north latitude because I said, " why don't we sail south for a day so I can say I touched the equator and see if the toilet bowl water really does flow the other direction." Now Palau is 7.5 degrees north latitude. Nothing to prove this now but my absolute memory.

The response to these is always, "you just aren't remembering correctly or your losing your mind." My intuition tells me different. Maybe LB could have some insight based on his Mantauk experiences. It does seem like some sort of global Philadelphia experiment is going on. Thoughts?

pgolde
Centurio
Centurio

Post by pgolde » Wed May 04, 2016 8:25 pm

Just to be clear, I tend to believe you and others as I have similar references I have a clear memory of.
I was suggesting it is real whatever the cause, and that "they" know about it, or have even caused it and could be trying to capitalize on it, gathering data, using it as a metho of control for the curious folk, the overwhelming majority of the population, in the US anyway, will pay no mind.

daniel
Centurio
Centurio

Post by daniel » Tue May 10, 2016 11:44 am

Juanter wrote:1. New Zealand appears to be in a totally different place. I vividly remember it being to the East North east of Australia. Now it is south, south east of Australia. Also, Australia has moved north much closer New Guinea.
There is a lot of evidence indicating that land masses aren't where they used to be, which we already know about because of planetary expansion. I suspect the planet is always expanding to a degree (and far more than the 1" per century "continental drift" stuff), which is why earthquakes and volcanoes occur--to seal up the tear points. (see: Mysterious Cracks appearing across planet)
2. Trinidad and Tobago is now basically touching Venezuela. It was not that close before. Also Cuba is much closer to the Yucatan Peninsula.
I've actually heard that from people in the region--that the islands in the Caribbean aren't where they are, on the old charts.
3. The continent of South America has drifting drastically east, it used to be north south in comparison to North America. (I went to Rio for the world cup two years ago and it was one time zone different than my home in Oklahoma. Now it is four different.)
I don't have any info on that, but the Ring of Fire has been active for the last 50 years, so that would indicate the Pacific rim is expanding, which would have the appearance of pushing the Americas eastward.
7. Luke, I am your father is now....."No. I am your father."
This is the interesting one. Being Sci-Fi buff (if you haven't noticed), I was at the premiere of The Empire Strikes Back, and saw it multiple times. If you had asked me what Vader's quote was, I would have said, "Luke, I am your father." And it makes more sense that way from a literary perspective, because it is first person and would carry more emotional impact than a "negation" would. Those films have been reedited so many times, it would be difficult to find an original copy.
Don't ever trust the people that claim the right to rule you. --Larken Rose

daniel
Centurio
Centurio

Post by daniel » Tue May 10, 2016 12:04 pm

Juanter wrote:The response to these is always, "you just aren't remembering correctly or your losing your mind." My intuition tells me different. Maybe LB could have some insight based on his Mantauk experiences. It does seem like some sort of global Philadelphia experiment is going on. Thoughts?
Just yesterday I was talking to a friend about "social compliance" and how consensus is now being used to create truth. Facts have become irrelevant--if enough people say it is true, then it is. Democracy in action. I've noticed this a lot with the Flat Earth stuff, where a complete suspension of disbelief takes place. The biggest arguments I've seen FOR a spheroid Earth are the "proofs" made by Flat Earthers (which I mentioned in Part V). I'm stunned by the complete lack of common sense.

Well, it got me thinking... the human mind is capable of some very unusual things, such as "creating reality." Proper social engineering could direct such thoughts and emotional responses--given enough people, and 7 billion is probably enough--to actually alter what is perceived as reality. Those that are not part of the social system would then encounter a contradiction, where they remembered things one way and everyone else remembers them another way (sounds like an old Doctor Who episode). And I am not talking parallel realities, but an alteration of what we call reality as "acceptable truth."

In the case of Star Wars, the quote may have been, "Luke, I am your father." But when a sufficient number of people accept the edited truth as, "No. I am your father." that mental imagery, which is the essence of magick, could actually go and change all the recordings--including the original--to convert "Luke" to "No."

Most people realize that "reality" is an illusion, but they do not comprehend the nature of the illusion. If this is the case, then The Powers That Be, whom are well known to engage in black magick, may actually be using social compliance as the "battery" to make changes to the reality we experience--and may have given rise to the concept of multiple timelines (since a few people remember differently).

Changing reality is not connected to individual memory--memory has to be changed, first, to alter reality. Those that don't participate in collective memory are the people remember things differently--they are using magick not to change the past, but to alter the present.
Don't ever trust the people that claim the right to rule you. --Larken Rose

janto
Indagator
Indagator

Post by janto » Tue May 10, 2016 3:26 pm

Ilkka
Praefectus
Praefectus

Post by Ilkka » Tue May 10, 2016 3:50 pm

daniel wrote:If you had asked me what Vader's quote was, I would have said, "Luke, I am your father." And it makes more sense that way from a literary perspective, because it is first person and would carry more emotional impact than a "negation" would. Those films have been reedited so many times, it would be difficult to find an original copy.
I gotta say that the head movement that the actor of Darth Vader makes looks as if he said "Luke" and not "No". That is quite hard to edit. If you watch that scene you can spot the thing I mean about it, or then I unconsciously remember it being "Luke" and thats why I see it.

Also funny re-editing in "Demolition Man" from Taco Bell to Pizza Hut, which you can see that the mouth movement is all wrong. :D
Enjoy the Silence

LoneBear
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Post by LoneBear » Wed May 11, 2016 12:26 pm

Interesting... but curious that such a Star Wars fan would misspell C3P0's name as C3pio. I guess he's been hoisted by his own Mandela--perhaps the AI changed the spelling, too!
Keeper of the Troth of Ásgarðr, Moriar prius quam dedecorer.

netRa
Gregralis
Gregralis

Post by netRa » Thu May 12, 2016 2:33 am

janto wrote:
http://beforeitsnews.com/awakening-star ... -7053.html
This was originally posted by Jim Stone: http://82.221.129.208/hackingreality.html
Jim Stone has been talking about the Mandela effect for some time, but I didn't pay much attention. However, this one really puzzled me because I remembered very clearly C3PO being totally golden. I saw Return of the Jedi in the cinema as a child, I must have been 9 or 10 years old. At that time I rarely went to the movies so the few I saw (E.T, The Goonies...) always had a profound impact leaving very vivid memories.

Our memories change with the time, of course. Certainly most of us may have felt disappointed while, as adults, re-visiting places that fascinated us during childhood. But this is something totally different. I think they are deliberately messing around with our perception of reality. I'm not sure, though, if this has been caused by AI but I'm with pgolde, whatever the cause they will capitalize on it. Create disorientation and confusion on the awaken ones that don't go with the manufactured consent is certainly a very plausible possibility.

netRa
Gregralis
Gregralis

Post by netRa » Thu May 12, 2016 6:47 am

Miles Mathis has been talking extensively about the "Reality is an illusion" psyop in his papers. In his latest one "The case for reality" http://mileswmathis.com/real.pdf, he touches some points that may fit quite well in this discussion, here's an excerpt:
(...) They know you are asking yourself and those around you if maybe the government is lying to you all the time about everything. So to confuse you, they are suggesting to you that maybe it is your senses lying to you about everything all the time. It isn't just the stories you are being told in the media that don't make sense, it is life that doesn't make sense. It isn't just Sandy Hook or the latest murder that is a hoax, it is life itself that is the hoax. It isn't just CIA-created stories that are illusory, it is existence itself that is illusory. If they can get you doubting that the snake or the rock exists, you aren't really going to care whether Sandy Hook happened. You will be so lost and confused you won't have the fortitude to question specific events. You will say to yourself, “Jeepers, if my husband and children are just figments of my imagination, I have more than enough to do in living with that everyday. That is more than enough to create a permanent never-ending neurosis, a hole in my head that cannot be repaired. Given the enormity of that, the latest government lie looks pretty trivial.”

janto
Indagator
Indagator

Post by janto » Thu May 12, 2016 9:42 am

In his latest one "The case for reality" http://mileswmathis.com/real.pdf
Where did you get the link from? This paper doesn't appear on his "updates" webpage.

Edit: Nevermind, I was looking at the Science page updates... It's on his main site.
I remembered very clearly C3PO being totally golden.
You might want to get Harry's Despecialized Star Wars IV, downloadable via torrent, which manually reconstructs the original film into a cobbled 720p from a whole variety of sources, as FOX won't release the original film in modern quality. The Despecialized version "undoes" all of Lucas's "tinkering," and should let you see what's true from the original. Or better yet, find an original Laserdisc of the trilogy, as in the discs themselves (which are analog), not an Mp4 of them.

See here for an overview: http://www.polygon.com/2014/8/18/603072 ... ed-edition

"Tinkering" is the key word, the common theme here, and maybe all of humanity's history, depending on how you look at the human experience.

If Jim's claims are correct, then theoretically at least, it would be quite easy for the "AI" to intercept all the bits and exchange them for new ones in the transmission, and on the storage device. How? If a means exists of accessing your data remotely without your suspecting it. This is already being done with "Critical Security Updates" in the background over your OS.
I gotta say that the head movement that the actor of Darth Vader makes looks as if he said "Luke" and not "No". That is quite hard to edit. If you watch that scene you can spot the thing I mean about it, or then I unconsciously remember it being "Luke" and thats why I see it.
I don't know what that's all about. I'm not a huge fanboy, and haven't paid attention to the controversy. However, I can comment on filmmaking generally.

When films were actually filmed using real film, and manually edited by cutting and taping the prints (and corresponding sound tracks), a filmmaker had to be certain of his intent *before* going into production, because once a film was shot, what you got in the can was what you had to work with. Thus, I don't think it was uncommon then, to shoot slight variations of scenes and scripts on location, so it could be decided later to make a change in the story, or choose the better take from several, and have the footage and sound to work with, and accommodate for it. Hence, it wouldn't be surprising if for example, in the chosen take which best reflected the acting and camera work, the sound was different because the actor did read a different script if the director wanted him to. And the chosen sound was edited over it, so that the best take would better fit telling the story visually, even if the lips didn't line up precisely. And 9/10 most people wouldn't notice. Especially, if you're a young boy or teenager, and you're mesmerized by story to begin with (ie. The "magic" of cinema - transporting you to another reality where you lose all sense of yours for 90mins).

In fact, if you watch films made in the 1980s in particular, you'll see a lot of tinkered edits in films. For example, in scenes where actors are walking away from the camera with their backs toward the viewer, it's very common to film these without clearly seeing their lips move. On set, that may even have been saying "blah blah blah," expecting to fill in the gaps with voice overs during editing. But the footage was filmed like that for visual continuity, and for flexibility in the editing room.

Nowadays, mostly because of considerable advances in technology (HD/4K/digital vs SD/film/analog), the audience has grown visually more sophisticated, and people notice a lot more of the little "mistakes" that are common in the filmmaking process. Films and TV shows today can be very "butchered" into a seemingly continuous story. So when "looking back" at the past, the entire context is missing from what's being observed with a now more critical eye. Back then, your eyes weren't trained to spot such details, so your brain filled in the gaps into a unified presentation, which became an implanted memory, associated with the thrill of the experience. Hence, why when someone notices something a little "off" when watching it with a critical mindset, they notice what they didn't before, and immediately begin questioning it (ie. Is it a conspiracy?).
Also funny re-editing in "Demolition Man" from Taco Bell to Pizza Hut, which you can see that the mouth movement is all wrong.
Indeed. That wasn't very "clean." But here comes the questioning factor, in what year did they make the change, and how much did they budget for it. The year would determine the levels of technology available to manipulate the original footage. And the budget would determine which of the options could be afforded. I can assure you, if the budget was available, the change could have been made in such a manner you would never be able to tell, without remembering the original film's version. Probably leading you to question your own memory confidence and present day sanity...

For a great example of what could be done more than 20 years ago already, watch the film "Rising Sun" with Sean Connery, Tia Carrere, and Wesley Snipes, which covers this subject in detail, but based around a political story.

Also, remember "The Crow?" Where Brandon Lee apparently died, and they "merged" his scenes from outtakes with a body double.

That was two decades ago already. Just imagine what can be done today, with an adequate budget... Only, as a general rule, the more sophisticated the audience, and the higher resolution of the image quality, the more difficult and time consuming the work becomes to fulfill. And there does come a point where artistry has its limitations when faced with recreating reality, unless the technology becomes ever more advanced, ie. "intelligent."

Lastly, as a side note, I will mention I don't blame Lucas for wanting to tinker with his films. Its an incredibly frustrating experience, if you have a very particular creative vision, and technology becomes the limiting factor in being able to realize it perfectly. To reach 90% of a goal instead of 100%, when the difference would have been resolved with just a few more months of development time, but having to meet a hard deadline instead, can also drive people crazy... That's also why you often see "Director's Cut" versions of films released on DVD/Blue-Ray, where the theatrically released version was made to satisfy the beancounters and studio executives, at the expense of creative fidelity and authenticity toward the original thought or idea.

LoneBear
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Post by LoneBear » Thu May 12, 2016 12:39 pm

Much of this was documented in the Stargate SG-1 episode, "Revisions" (Season 7), where the inhabitants brains became part of the "cloud" and the AI running the dome could simply adjust everyone's memory as needed.

Sci-Fi tends to be predictive, so that is where things are probably heading.

janto
Indagator
Indagator

Post by janto » Thu May 12, 2016 4:22 pm

Sci-Fi tends to be predictive, so that is where things are probably heading.
A prophet! Look what I found. Or maybe it's just "wishful thinking..."

http://futurism.com/total-unrecall-scie ... -memories/

There's also a story on the same website about a law firm having just "hired" the first AI lawyer (God help us).

Just my opinion... I think solutions such as erasing painful memories are only temporal. i.e. A temporary fix, like taking a pill, which can help alleviate symptoms, but isn't a cure for the conditions that cause it. And may leave the person with that strange "look," of having been cured on the surface, but underneath "it's a mess." (Lobotomy anyone? Rebellious spirit?)

I'll explain. I was diagnosed with PTSD a few years ago, and since there was no cure for it at the time, have gone through a long process of re-evaluation, contemplation, and healing, with the aid of spiritually inspired tools and learning ancient wisdom techniques to help unlock and begin the process. This meant getting to the core of my being, through the inner gateway into the spiritual realm, and doing the work of "unblocking" or "unlocking" areas of trauma in the psyche, and identifying all the issues that led to the conditions that caused it to be experienced in the first place (which were "unknown," or long ago suppressed).

In many cases, this meant revisiting experiences by reliving memories, being brave in painfully coming to terms with the fears these created, and re-evaluating the situations from different perspectives, then re-imagining them as these would have turned out had the trauma not interfered with my behavior in the first place, and thus, negatively influenced the outcome of the interactions. In other words, performing a sort of internal personal reprograming, in order to return to a trauma-less, spiritually cleaner state of being, free of the baggage I'd been carrying around all my life.

And since beginning with this process, so much has positively changed - mentally, spiritually, and even physically - that I shudder to think of how little I would have learned, had it been possible to simply "zap away" the negative memories as a short cut to doing the work for myself. I've even lost 30+ lbs.

That doesn't mean that I don't think such a tool can't be inherently useful... For example, in circumstances where the trauma is so profound, that someone is functionally incapable of self-action, or severely "handicapped" by the trauma, I can imagine the tool could afford a degree of relief to patients, by alleviating their symptoms to the point where they can regain control of, or help jumpstart the healing process on their own.

However, again, if its true that everything happens for a reason, then there's a reason why the trauma occurred in the first place, and it takes doing the hard inner work to discover what that reason is to begin with. A fix won't replace the spiritual condition (or karmic destiny) of the person.

Otherwise, one will simply repeat the same experience in the next lifetime, then again and again, until one has learned their lesson (whatever that may be) once and for all. And I don't think science can, nor ever will, answer those questions, nor resolve issues which are spiritual by nature.

IMHO, science can be a blessing, but it isn't a substitute for healing, and learning to know thyself. A society built only on fixing issues, will never come to terms with the bigger questions of existence, purpose, meaning, divination, etc. For these can't be externalized in projective geometry. Put simply, the answers are found in the spirit of time, and not in the measure of space.

animus
Centurio
Centurio

Post by animus » Sat May 14, 2016 5:20 am

Good post janto, thanks for sharing. Same with the filmmaking post. I always like these kinds of insights.
netRa wrote:This was originally posted by Jim Stone: http://82.221.129.208/hackingreality.html
Jim Stone has been talking about the Mandela effect for some time, but I didn't pay much attention.
Right about that time when he began talking about it (I think around June 2015), I stopped visiting his page. Found this:
[1], [2], [3], [4], [5], [6]. A few months later when I was curious why reactorbreach.com was down (that's how I got here) I thought I'd visit jimestone's site to find out and he was blabbering about how 10.000 released NASA photos were proof that the Appollo missions are legit :roll:
After reading AQ, CH, Miles Mathis and cluesforum one get's the feeling that the entire body of alternative media (and fora) is just another branch of the mainstream media, turned around 180° and filled with liars, dupes, trolls, shills, gatekeepers, disinfo-agents, spooks, stooges et al. Disinformation and misdirection whereever you look. So sad :(

Djchrismac wrote:2) The way that some people seem to have jumped on board with this Mandela Effect makes me suspect that it could be a psyop, or at least those in charge of Global Psyops 101 have seen the growth of doubt from people online and have decided to use the opportunity to further muddy the waters of truth.
Seems very reasonable. The following TedTalk might fit in here: https://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_lof ... _of_memory
Her introduction about the raper who actually was none might end up in one of Mathis' papers one day, but the rest was quite interesting. People seem to remember things differently when asked about it in a suggestive manner which is already twisting some details. The articles about the Mandela effect already expose you to the little fragments of film quotes and film titles in question. How many of those quotes came from authors of various alternative media outlets and how much were actually found from mere commenters whose writing style doesn't resemble that of a troll? (actual question, I haven't sift through the alternative media the last couple of months.) Now to make it a good psyop just change some digital content on the internet to play with peoples' minds, ideally the pictures that can be found via search engines. To make it a better psyop, begin this operation at least a couple of years ago.

LoneBear
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Post by LoneBear » Sat May 14, 2016 10:09 am

I've been looking at some of the sites regarding the Mandela effect and from what I've read, most of it seems to be a New Age "excuse" for increasingly poor education and personal memory. Gopi was telling me that when you ask a High School student a question, they grab their smartphone and Google the answer. If you wait 5 minutes and ask the SAME question, they will grab their smartphone and Google the answer. This indicates a failure of the transfer from short-term to long-term memory, which I think is behind a lot of this Mandela effect.

If you are in the 40+ age group, then you have a local "hard drive" in your brain where long-term memory is stored, simply because portable technology was not available to you during your formative years. Younger folks use the "cloud," rather than their brain. If you wanted an answer on something, you would have to make time to go to the library and look it up, so it was just far more convenient to simply remember an answer for later reference.

Reading some of the Mandela stories, the 40+ group that is reporting them have very active social interactions, so it would seem that pressure from "social compliance" is causing the conflict. In order to be socially acceptable (since popularity now determines truth), they were forced to alter their memories to comply with their peers, and then they run into non-digitally recorded information, which they probably already knew, but now see in conflict due to the reprogramming. The popularity of the Mandela effect encourages the situation--plus, you get to blame the environment for the problem, not yourself. You're just the victim, in a society that equates victimization with popularity.

To me, whether the Star Wars phrase was "Luke" or "No" is irrelevant. I was at opening night of The Empire Strikes Back, and the important phrase there was, "I AM your father." THAT is what people remembered--which, BTW, was actually dubbed in after the film was finished. The original line said by Vader on stage was, "I killed your father." That was done so they could keep it a secret until the film was released, for shock value--which worked, as nothing was leaked out ahead of time, as often does in the film community.

Things like "there were 52 States" is just poor education, and people confusing the number of States (50) with the number of playing cards in a deck (52), since there were 52 Federal Zones in the USA (more now). On the "cloud," you will see DC and Puerto Rico listed in the "State" field of forms, because they are separate postal zones. People just count what they see on the Internet and assume there are 52 States, because there are 52 entries in the State field, without having a clue as to the actual background and reason.

FYI, a ZIP code stands for "Zone Improvement Plan" where all the independent States are converted to Federal Zones, so they come under the jurisdiction of the Federal Government. In the old days, State abbreviations were different, for example, California was "Calif.", not CA (Federal Zone). Or, as people in Florida remember it, Calif = "Come And Live In Florida."

joeyv23
Atriensis
Atriensis

Post by joeyv23 » Sat May 14, 2016 2:13 pm

The only personal accounts I have with this thing is with the spelling of Berenstein [1][2]and as has been brought to light by this thread the country in Africa called Mauritania. The second link there is to the conversation I had about it (Berenstein Bears) on Facebook. Interesting looking back on it now. It really did touch a nerve back then with a couple of folks. On Mauritania, I don't recall that country in Africa at all. Sometime in middle school we had to label all of the countries of the world and for the life of me, I don't remember labeling a country west of Mali as Mauritania. Considering the chemicals that I dumped into my body in the past 14 years, my memory is probably less than a reliable source considering the subject at hand. I don't know what's causing this, but I do see a lot of attention being paid to it so whatever the case is, as displacement activity, this is clearly quite engaging and effective.
"Living is not necessary, but navigation is." --Pompey
"Navigation is necessary in order to live." --Me