Social Media toxicity

Forum for the sharing and discussion of various research projects going on.
LoneBear
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Social Media toxicity

Post by LoneBear » Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:09 am

This is one of the most interesting interviews I've ever seen... Richard Grannon interviews Sam Vaknin on the topic of how social media is affecting humanity. It is a long interview 1.5 hours, and densely packed with information; things I had never even considered about the re-engineering of human psychology.

Some of the concepts he discusses is that social media has properties like a virus--and will become self-regulating after a time. Back when AIDS first hit the world, there were videos like the Strecker Memorandum that predicted humanity would be wiped out by the year 2000 by the virus... but guess what--we're still here. Something changed and AIDS is no longer the threat it was, as though the virus was intelligent enough to realize that if it killed off all its "food," it would also die and regulated itself. He sees things like Facebook doing the same--people will just stop using social media out of survival necessity.

Something else I did not know is that ALL social media was created by:
  • White men -- no women were involved.
  • Schizoids personality types, recluses, social inept people, the "Nerd."
  • Asexual people, with very low sexual affinity.
This group created social media in their own image, much like gays created the fashion industry for women. It succeeds by cognitive dissonance, being deliberately manipulated to pull people into this model and converting them to this role, just like what happened in the fashion industry--women model themselves on young, gay boys, NOT women (studies on this have been published for decades).

This dissonance is causing internal conflicts that result in depression and anxiety, and an increase in teen suicide by some 20% since 2007. In the past, springtime was the season of love, where everyone was happy. Now, since young people have been reprogrammed to be asexual, those desires go unsatisfied, leading to a season of depression worse than the Holiday season.

Heck, I could go on and on... what I mentioned above is in the first 10 minutes of the program!

Well worth the watch. Going to watch it again today, undistracted and taking notes, as it contains very valuable information on the evolution of consciousness and the future of humanity.
Keeper of the Troth of Ásgarðr, Moriar prius quam dedecorer.

Carlos
Indagator
Indagator

Re: Social Media toxicity

Post by Carlos » Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:28 am

LoneBear wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:09 am
Well worth the watch. Going to watch it again today, undistracted and taking notes, as it contains very valuable information on the evolution of consciousness and the future of humanity.
For a future that mankind doesn't have? Or do you means that the conscious memory of the backgrounds that accompany this theme and that are stored somewhere in the "collective field" for other "dimensions" at a "different time" for the future?

LoneBear
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Post by LoneBear » Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:06 pm

Carlos wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:28 am
For a future that mankind doesn't have? Or do you means that the conscious memory of the backgrounds that accompany this theme and that are stored somewhere in the "collective field" for other "dimensions" at a "different time" for the future?
Vaknin is proposing that "life will find a way"... and a significant portion of mankind will revolt against social media and its psychological conditioning--and as a consequence, change the course of man away from the future that is being forced upon us by the New World Order. (He does not say that outright, but the information is there.)

He breaks down Social Media users into three categories:
  1. Old timers: people like myself in the 40+ age group that were raised without social media. We use Social Media primarily as a tool for communication. Seldom use it. Have extended family life, parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles... a large, human social life.
  2. Adolescents: 20-40 age group, where Social Media is used for positioning, competition and romantic interests. Use it regularly, but can still walk away from it when something more important comes up (like romance). Has nuclear family, only immediate parents and siblings.
  3. Digital Native: 0-20, had a device since they could hold it. All social interactions are through Social Media, which curiously is actually antisocial, isolating them. Full-time users. Stuck in the Matrix where a delusional world is swapped for reality. No family life. In a word, "Doomed."
The Digital Native group cannot survive--suicide rates are now 37% for that generation--due to the envy/aggressive methodology used to keep social media addictive, and the lack of interest in human contact--no families, so no kids. Another generation from the Adolescents will be created to replace them--but without the Social Media conditioning, which the New World Order was counting on to push their "Singularity" system to turn men into cyborgs. Once that happens, mankind will be on an entirely different timeline--currently, an unknown one, as these ideas of the Social Media epidemic are just coming into formation and being disclosed.

Here's another curious fact Vaknin pointed out... I always wondered why Twitter forces such short Twits or Tweets or whatever they call them (140 characters). He points out that negative emotions (anger, envy, aggression) are always short and sharp. When someone runs you off the road, you don't sit down for a discourse on common courtesy, but are busy yelling "FUCK YOU ASSHOLE!!" It turns out that studies on speech patterns reveal that love and compassion require lengthy communication... "love ya" doesn't say much--the true romantic will spend days writing a long, gooey poem. By forcing short messages, it encourages the use of negative emotions--since one cannot express true sentiment in 140 characters. Why... negative emotions are highly addictive and self-reinforcing. Positive emotions aren't. So by pushing the negative, they get more of your "face time" to sell their service.

Kent
Indagator
Indagator

Post by Kent » Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:19 am

I'm only about 20 minutes in, but this is fascinating. Thank you very much for sharing.

animus
Centurio
Centurio

Post by animus » Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:56 pm

Vaknin's statement "social media is anything but social" sums it all up perfectly. However, if you take the perspective of a digital native then social media IS social. So as usual, it depends from which side of the coin you are looking at it.

Have you noticed how in movies in series social media have gotten introduced more and more over the last years? The movie Searching takes it to a new extreme. And as we all know, what is considered extreme now will probably become the standard of the future. So if movies today are already barely watchable, think what it will be like in 10 years...

Personally, I have kept my distance from all social media. When I began my studies, facebook was on the uprising in Germany. But I never wanted to register. Instead, I was one of those who knew half the Campus by actually being ON the campus and converse face to face. Greatest time of my life when I was still ignorant and going to every single party. Then over time a sense of "responsibility" kicked in. I learned more about the world around me and the smile drained from my face... I gradually detached myself from others and become a loner. But I liked it and even preferred it over parties. And so, I never let the social media tentacles get hold of me. But it was annoying to explain why I didn't want to use what's app and all the other what's their names..

I can relate to the Smartphone craze though. When I was in school, I really wanted to have a pocket pc just for the heck of it. One that had everything in-built that you can possibly dream of. An egg-laying wool-milk-sow as we used to call them. They weren't even advertised that heavily. I think it was because nobody in my age group had it what made me want it so much. I never bought one, as my money was only sufficient for cheaper mobile phones. And by the time the touch-screens won over the market I wasn't interested anymore. I had already spent a lot of time pimping my phone and wasn't willing to waste the same amount of time on a different OS, so I kept clear of all of them and am still using my old mobile phone from a decade ago. Luckily, I had my fun with the old models which is why I never cared for the new ones.

LoneBear wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:06 pm
[*]Digital Native: 0-20, had a device since they could hold it. All social interactions are through Social Media, which curiously is actually antisocial, isolating them. Full-time users. Stuck in the Matrix where a delusional world is swapped for reality. No family life. In a word, "Doomed."[/list]
Argh, I started commenting on this passage with the following:
This is a stretch. Or perhaps, if not to say probably, a blueprint. But I don't think we are there yet.
Then I thought about it... and I am starting to realize that in most modern societies we really are there already! Holy shit. :shock: Just imagine the life of their kids.

LoneBear wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:06 pm
The Digital Native group cannot survive--suicide rates are now 37% for that generation
I think you have trouble reading your own handwriting. Or perhaps you were taking your information directly from the future. Your notes should say: "suicide rates are now 31% higher for that generation". At least that's what Vaknin was saying.
(If teen suicide rate was at 37%, this would mean that 2 out of 5 children would kill themselves!)

I don't know how much we can trust these statistics anyway. Same with AIDS. Wanna see some statistics to that? Apparently AIDS tends to befall not more and not less but exactly 11,000 people for any given area. Talk about an intelligent virus!
simonshack wrote: -"Nigeria: 11,000 HIV/Aids Patients a Week - Disturbing" [1]
-"11,000 people affected by HIV/AIDS in Romania" [2]
-"11,000 civil servants living with HIV/AIDS in Kogi"(India) [3]
- "Congo: "11,000 deaths reported in 1997 alone" [4]
-"Carribean: 11,000 infected persons died in 2007" [5]
- "Mexico: According to the US-AID, in 2007, 11,000 people died of AIDS" [6]
- "Botswana: According to United Nations data( 2007) 11,000 people were killed by HIV-AIDS" [7]
- "Burundi: 11,000 people died from AIDS in Burundi in 2007" [8]
- "USA: About 11,000 people died of AIDS in 2007" [9]
- "WSDOH estimates that 11,000 to 12,000 live with HIV in Washington State" [10]
- "Sub-Saharan Africa: 11,000 are dying every day due to HIV/AIDS related illnesses" [11]
- "Myanmar: more than 11,000 people in treatment for HIV in the country" [12]
- "11,000 Australians infected with HIV: report" [13]
-"...11,000 deaths attributed to AIDS in L.A. County..." [14]
-"...Today, daily 11,000 people are being infected with HIV & AIDS in the world" [15]
-"Gov. David A. Paterson, D-N.Y., vetoes bill to provide rent relief for more than 11,000 New Yorkers with HIV and AIDS" [16]
Reminds me of the 6,000,000 Jews that were reported in all newspapers, even before Hitlers time.
And if you look behind the propaganda: you don't even get AIDS from HIV. Here is an interesting read that you don't get to see in the newspaper: https://web.archive.org/web/20040203160 ... edavoy.htm

As usual, lies and lies wherever you look.

LoneBear
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Post by LoneBear » Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:54 pm

animus wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:56 pm
Vaknin's statement "social media is anything but social" sums it all up perfectly. However, if you take the perspective of a digital native then social media IS social. So as usual, it depends from which side of the coin you are looking at it.
I believe the difference is that digital native "social" is "make believe," since no direct human interaction is involved. All communication is electronic, so for all you know, you could be chatting with an AI (which, curiously, is now flooding online dating sites) or Mr. Ed.
animus wrote:
Have you noticed how in movies in series social media have gotten introduced more and more over the last years? The movie Searching takes it to a new extreme. And as we all know, what is considered extreme now will probably become the standard of the future. So if movies today are already barely watchable, think what it will be like in 10 years...
Not surprised, since the diginats cannot identify with human interaction, so that has become the new "reality."
animus wrote:
Personally, I have kept my distance from all social media. When I began my studies, facebook was on the uprising in Germany. But I never wanted to register.
I don't bother with it, either. I find it uninteresting and oppressive.
animus wrote:
I can relate to the Smartphone craze though. When I was in school, I really wanted to have a pocket pc just for the heck of it.
In my youth, the kids were always hoping for a "Jetsons" society, with flying cars, robot maids and push-button work. But curiously, I've never seen an episode where the characters just sat in the living room, praying to their smartphones. (And that is what it looks like to me... heads bowed, hands together around the phone in homage...)
animus wrote:
Argh, I started commenting on this passage with the following:
This is a stretch. Or perhaps, if not to say probably, a blueprint. But I don't think we are there yet.
Then I thought about it... and I am starting to realize that in most modern societies we really are there already! Holy shit. :shock: Just imagine the life of their kids.
And when it becomes time for youth to maintain all the mechanisms that produce the technology... better hope robots have taken over by then, or it's all going down the toilet as they have NO mechanical skills.
animus wrote:
I think you have trouble reading your own handwriting.
I do. One of the "perks" about getting old. And this "gel" pen I bought... doesn't write like a ballpoint, and tends to connect letters together because I don't lift it high enough when writing. Sometimes it takes me a couple of days to decipher notes I made when I woke up from a dream.
animus wrote:
I don't know how much we can trust these statistics anyway. Same with AIDS. Wanna see some statistics to that? Apparently AIDS tends to befall not more and not less but exactly 11,000 people for any given area. Talk about an intelligent virus!
Interesting, and yes, it does wreak of a Psy-op. Kind of like watching the News at the gym... 24 different stations, repeating the same News verbatim. (Or should I say, "literally?" :D )
animus wrote:
And if you look behind the propaganda: you don't even get AIDS from HIV. Here is an interesting read that you don't get to see in the newspaper: https://web.archive.org/web/20040203160 ... edavoy.htm

As usual, lies and lies wherever you look.
Unfortunate but true. You look deep enough you find glimpses of the truth, but you'll never actually find the source. Most people don't even know the Oklahoma bombing, years ago that took out a federal building with a "fertilizer bomb" was a military operation--to hide evidence of some of the horrible things the Clintons were up to. Won't see that on the News, either.